Boarding Groups...why is it like this?

But I'm seeing people say now that the boarding groups are gone in literally a second.
Boarding groups are usually gone within a few seconds. Very few times, they might still be around after a minute or so but this is very seldom and I would not count on that being a normal occurrence.

Plan to hit the button to Join for boarding groups at 6:59:59am and 11:59:59am accordingly.

And also the only ride you can prebook, so everyone does it.

We were lucky enough to get a boarding group twice using our 5 day park hoppers but it broke down during our second ride which was a bummer. We were told to keep checking to see if the ride came back up that night and if not we could ask a manager to load it for us the next day, but alas it finally did at around 9:10pm. Unfortunately I had just parked my not very mobile mother over at its a small world for the fireworks so I ran back to ask if there was any way to ride it the next day instead and was told no. There was simply no way we could get her back to the entrance between 9:45ish and closing...

It had also broken down during our window for the first ride so we went back later on around 9:20pm just to be told that experience shuts down at 9... thankfully they let us ride it anyway as people were still in line. I'm not sure where it said the bit about 9pm being the cutoff... but that also contributed to us not trying for that second ride. I didn't want to be chastised again... :confused3

Boarding groups are usually gone within a few seconds. Very few times, they might still be around after a minute or so but this is very seldom and I would not count on that being a normal occurrence.

Plan to hit the button to Join for boarding groups at 6:59:59am and 11:59:59am accordingly.

Wow... I wouldn't want to book a trip without knowing I was a decent chance of being able to get on.

Might have to wait until demand for ROTR dies down somewhat.

We got boarding group 107 during our visit precovid and received a push notification around 8pm saying that no groups over 103 would be called. We tried again last week. We didn’t get a group at 7am. Tried again at noon, but were in line for Indiana Jones and couldn’t get a signal. I don’t know what the solution is, but it shouldn’t be this hard to experience the ride.

I guess technically speaking, ROTR has been open to the public only 5 months.

I was about to say something like…maybe when it hits a year, it’ll flip to a VQ or something that will accommodate standby.

I do feel bad for those who are not tech savvy. This isn't like Southwest airlines, where you can still board the plane (albeit at the very end) if you're not blessed with fast fingers/fast internet/good electronics.

And that's very much the key to success. My son tried with his iPod touch, newest version but not as fast as an iPhone, and the app was so slow for him. With my very new iPhone 12 pro, I succeeded every time. It was night and day difference between our devices when we both were trying. I feel for folks who don't have speedy phones, that's a piece of it that feels distinctly unfair to me.

We had two situations last week where we got a BG (for either RotR or WS, depending on where we were starting) but didn't get scanned into the ride until well after 1:00 pm, negating our ability to get into the other that day. In the end, we only rode WS once (which was fine) and RotR twice (also fine).

I have been practicing from home and I'm very worried about this as well, although we will be there in late August, so maybe some of the summer crowds have gone back to school. Based on the current status, Rise BGs are gone within 2-3 seconds, maybe faster. Day of the week does not seem to matter either.

We will have several opportunities to get a BG for Rise, so I'm hoping we get lucky. If we do not, I will complain both to the CMs (nicely of course) as well as send an email to Guest Services. Another poster was right, until guests complain loudly and often, BGs are here to stay. I don't think Disney cares if you miss out, unless THEY miss out on your business.

For those who don't like boarding groups, what is a reasonable and fair alternative that doesn't involve standing on a huge line for rides that constantly break down? At least with a BG, you can go on about your day in the park.

So I’m a little confused. Do we need to be in the parks to get the boarding group? Or just have a park reservation for that day?

So I’m a little confused. Do we need to be in the parks to get the boarding group? Or just have a park reservation for that day?

For the 7:00 attempt, you need to have a park reservation (Disneyland for RotR and DCA for WS) only. You do not need to actually be in the park yet.

For the 12:00 attempt, you need to have been scanned into the park. You also need to have a park hopper ticket if you are trying for the ride in the opposite Park from where you started, and your boarding pass from the original 7 o’clock attempt/ride needs to have been scanned.

For those who don't like boarding groups, what is a reasonable and fair alternative that doesn't involve standing on a huge line for rides that constantly break down? At least with a BG, you can go on about your day in the park.
Well, there's still a lengthy wait even with the boarding group, especially for WS.

I guess I’m getting old and am part of the old school where “everyone” stood in the same line at the same time to ride the exact rides. No FP, MP or BG’s. Personally I would rather see Disney do away with all of this or charge an additional $100.00 or more a day to a ticket price to have some type of quick ride lane. This won’t be popular but then I don’t worry about stuff like that. If you want quicker access to rides then people need to pay up.

That is the the question (for which I have no answer :rolleyes1). Not to be argumentative, but I think many people don't find boarding groups "fair" or "reasonable". It caters to younger or more tech savvy guests, of which I am neither. :oops: LOL. But I've been practicing and hoping for the best when we get our chance.

:hippie:

That is the the question (for which I have no answer :rolleyes1). Not to be argumentative, but I think many people don't find boarding groups "fair" or "reasonable". It caters to younger or more tech savvy guests, of which I am neither. :oops: LOL. But I've been practicing and hoping for the best when we get our chance.

:hippie:
lol No argument from me. I'm definitely not young or particularly tech savvy either:). I know lots of us older people (and our android phones) have been successful and seen younger ones crying because they didn't get a BG. I just know standing in a long hot line for two ride(s) that break down multiple times a day isn't how I want to spend my crazy expensive day in the park. The day it kept breaking down and it got to BG 114 and we were 116 :headache::scared::sad2::sad: We were disappointed, but we still had a great day in the park.

I'm not saying the BG is a perfect alternative, but I am just not sure there is one that is more fair. Even the "run to the ride at opening" will be "unfair" to someone. I'm sure we would all love to see something that makes a majority of the guests happy, but this is Disney and even Tink can't make that happen. Personally, I would rather know at 7 am or noon whether or not I need to schedule time for a specific ride. Until those in-advance fast passes come back, this seems to be it.

And best of luck! I really hope you are successful!:flower3:

Just have a standby line like every other ride and be done with it. The rides don't break down anymore often than any other e ticket ride. Those also go down at least once a day. It's not a huge deal. You either stick it out and wait or you exit the line and do something else. It's not a problem at any other ride. And the line will naturally keep itself in check. No one here gets into a 300 minute line. That lunacy is exclusively a WDW thing.

Just have a standby line like every other ride and be done with it. The rides don't break down anymore often than any other e ticket ride. Those also go down at least once a day. It's not a huge deal. You either stick it out and wait or you exit the line and do something else. It's not a problem at any other ride. And the line will naturally keep itself in check. No one here gets into a 300 minute line. That lunacy is exclusively a WDW thing.
Also there use to be a thing caled free fast pass. These would go fairly quick but would allow you to go on with your day as well. Everyone else who wanted to wait in line could. I loved when Radiator Springs opened. Every other ride was great as most park people were waiting in line at RSR or for the fast pass. If you decideded at 3:30 that you really wanted to ride you could get in a 3 hour long line up and ride. I'm not sure why they switched. I know technology is becoming how everything is done but I don't go to the parks to spend all day on my phone.

Also there use to be a thing caled free fast pass. These would go fairly quick but would allow you to go on with your day as well. Everyone else who wanted to wait in line could. I loved when Radiator Springs opened. Every other ride was great as most park people were waiting in line at RSR or for the fast pass. If you decideded at 3:30 that you really wanted to ride you could get in a 3 hour long line up and ride. I'm not sure why they switched. I know technology is becoming how everything is done but I don't go to the parks to spend all day on my phone.
What is this magical "free Fast Pass" you speak of?? ;)

Kidding, but I also agree and I guess am becoming one of the people who don't like to be glued to phone 24/7 inside the park. Honestly it's nice to be detached from tech and just enjoy the day.... I know that's rare though with all the live streams and social media non stop updates, along with company apps required to be used all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter