• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boarding Pass time being called during FP+ times???

SPOERLX3

DIS Veteran
Hi Disboard friends!
Just hoping someone can help with a question.
I booked our FP+ yesterday for our July trip (third time rescheduled :crazy2:) and the earliest we could get our FP+ for the rides we wanted on the day we have planned, was 2:10pm. I booked them back to back at 2:10, 3:10 & 4:10 since they are all in the same general area.
What happens IF we are able to get a RoR boarding pass and it is during the same time frames as our FP? Anyone had this happen?

:thanks:

When I did ROTR, it took about 40-45 minutes to do from entrance to exit. So assuming your FPs are in HS and ROTR is running normally, it's possible to do the ride and not impact your FPs at all. FPs also come with a built-in grace period of 5 min before/15 min after. I've also read reports that CMs can help with taking FPs outside of the window, especially if it's due to a BG.

When they call your BP, you have 2 hours to present to the ride. You won't have any problem. The FP+s have a grace period of 5 min before time or 15 mins after. There's lots of leeway in terms of time and use of the passes.

If procedures are the same post-pandemic your Boarding Pass entry time may be either one hour or two hours. It is not consistent and I have yet to determine why it fluctuates.
Generally, even with the one hour window you should be fine as the entire RotR experience is about 30-45 minutes if there are no ride malfunctions. As mentioned, a FP+ window is actually 80 minutes. If there is a problem we have found CMs quite understanding, just mention you are late to the FP because of your RotR experience. That has been our experience.

your Boarding Pass entry time may be either one hour or two hours. It is not consistent and I have yet to determine why it fluctuates.
It has to do with what time of day your BP is scheduled.
For instance, if the BP time is early in the day, the arrival time period is one hour (guests are not at another park, as they have just booked their BP while already at DHS.)

Also, in general, the BP return time is not so rigid to exclude guests with a legitimate "excuse" as to why they were late.

Last edited:

Our boarding pass was something like #36. We did not get a push button notification, even though I got them telling us our room was ready the day before. I kept going back several times checking to see what numbers were being boarded, and at 1130 it was showing something like #s 29-40 boarding . A CM told me we needed to be there before noon! We had ADR's at noon and a fast pass from 1130-1230! We hurried over, and as we had to use rider swap, we missed out fast pass for Tower of Terror and were late for our Brown Derby Ressie. Oh, well, it was worth it!

We did not get a push button notification, even though I got them telling us our room was ready the day before.
You can always check on MDE for what groups are currently boarding allowing you a pretty good idea when your group will be called if there are not any ride malfunctions.

*not sure why the quote is attributed to Robo...

You can always check on MDE for what groups are currently boarding allowing you a pretty good idea when your group will be called if there are not any ride malfunctions.

*not sure why the quote is attributed to Robo...
That's what I had been doing, thankfully. Just not often enough! But I know I at least checked every hour, so I am pretty sure we only had an hour window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter