• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boarding question

BounceyOne

You're going where? AGAIN????
I have read on here about people getting a number to board, can someone explain it to me?
Thanks

When you check in at port you are given a boarding number. The sooner you get to port, the lower your boarding number is. All suites have boarding number 1, so if you are in category 4-12, the lowest boarding number you will get is 2. The numbers are called in order, and all passengers in the boarding group enter the ship. Ex: You have boarding number 5, you have to wait for the people in suite categories 1-3, and boarding groups 2-4 to enter the ship before you are able to board. The process does go fairly quickly, so even if you get a high boarding number, you will get on the ship in no time!

I think we had #13 once and were still on this ship within 25 minutes of the first folks on the ship! :thumbsup2

Getting that #2 card is nice, but it doesn't really impact your day that much. Getting there early is really more important if you are trying to book and upgrade or if you have urgent Palo/dining realignment needs.

As above, if you want an number 2, you'll need to arrive about 10-10:15 or 10:30 (depending on the number of "early birds."

However, don't panic over your number. We were number 8 on a recent cruise and were ON the ship less than 20 minutes after the boarding started. It goes very quickly.

If you're on the Wonder, Palo bookings and dining changes don't start until 1, so being on the ship at 11:50 vs. 12:05 won't make a difference. They don't allow you to line up till almost 1. On the Magic, it's open as soon as you board.

And, if you are celebrating something special -- birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, first-time ever cruiser -- be sure to mention that to a CM, especially the one who checks you in. They have been known to change your boarding group number so you can get on the ship sooner! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter