Boarding # with DCL transport from MCO

On our first cruise we stayed at the Hyatt MCO(booked myself) and we got #5 boarding # and this past May say thing and we got #2 boarding. WE did take the first bus from MCO

Well that's stressful. There were clearly so many Platinum/Gold people on our cruise that I couldn't get any tastings or Palo brunch so I was counting on being able to board early and take care of it. Now I don't know whether to shoot to go early from MCO and hope for the best or if we're screwed no matter what and we should just come in later.

Usually, the location for tastings/Palo does not open until at least 12:30 or 1:00, and open boarding has often begun by 12:30, so you should still be able to check on these.

Usually, the location for tastings/Palo does not open until at least 12:30 or 1:00, and open boarding has often begun by 12:30, so you should still be able to check on these.

That's good to know. I was early on my other cruise because we took a 6am flight in and went right to port. By the time we were done eating because we were STARVING I went down and queued for tastings. It never occurred to me that they might not be open the whole time. I'll probably just poll my travel mates then - get up and go and chance getting on early, or be lazy and understand we probably want to make reservations before crashing the buffet!

Wanted to give an update with my family's experience-

We just returned from an amazing cruise on the Fantasy. My family of five drove to PC and stayed the night at a local hotel with a stay, park and cruise package. We are Silver and planned to meet up with the "Grannies" (my mom and mil) on the boat. They were taking Disney transportation from MCO the morning of the cruise. I never dreamed they would get to the port ahead of us, but they did! Our shuttle from the hotel was delayed (due to port traffic) and we actually didn't arrive at the port until an hour after our PAT :headache:

The "Grannies" arriving from the airport had a seamless journey but when they were checking in were given boarding #18. Fortunately for them the CM checking them in said, "since you are the Grandmas I think you need to get on the ship a bit earlier" and replaced their #18 with #8! They boarded the ship and had already booked spa packages and taken care of a few things at guest services before we had even made it through security!

Moral of the story, however-seems that while Disney transfers might be convenient to getting to and into the Port it no longer means a guarantee on a low boarding number. They clearly got lucky!

I'm going to keep watch on this thread to hear others experiences.

Happy Sailing!

-Kelly

Wanted to give an update with my family's experience-

We just returned from an amazing cruise on the Fantasy. My family of five drove to PC and stayed the night at a local hotel with a stay, park and cruise package. We are Silver and planned to meet up with the "Grannies" (my mom and mil) on the boat. They were taking Disney transportation from MCO the morning of the cruise. I never dreamed they would get to the port ahead of us, but they did! Our shuttle from the hotel was delayed (due to port traffic) and we actually didn't arrive at the port until an hour after our PAT :headache:

The "Grannies" arriving from the airport had a seamless journey but when they were checking in were given boarding #18. Fortunately for them the CM checking them in said, "since you are the Grandmas I think you need to get on the ship a bit earlier" and replaced their #18 with #8! They boarded the ship and had already booked spa packages and taken care of a few things at guest services before we had even made it through security!

Moral of the story, however-seems that while Disney transfers might be convenient to getting to and into the Port it no longer means a guarantee on a low boarding number. They clearly got lucky!

I'm going to keep watch on this thread to hear others experiences.

Happy Sailing!

-Kelly
Do you know if grannies picked a pat before booking the transfers, or booked the transfers before check in?

Our shuttle from the hotel was delayed (due to port traffic) and we actually didn't arrive at the port until an hour after our PAT :headache:

I've noticed the last three times we've cruised that port traffic has gotten ridiculous. They're trying to funnel Carnival and DCL traffic into the same entrance through one lane, but some of the Carnival traffic has to cross DCL's leaving traffic, so one car might have to stop to wait for several trucks to cross. This backs up traffic far out onto the road. It took us a solid 45 minutes just to get to luggage dropoff this last time because of this. We were bumper-to-bumper on the feeder road almost all the way back to the bridge. They should have a dedicated entrance for each pier, but they don't, and it's frustrating.

By the time you get there on WDW transportation to PC, the boarding number won't make much difference. You probably won't have to wait to board the ship.

If you're taking the first bus from the airport, that is a different thing, it usually is an issue for passengers who are not concierge or platinum coming in early from MCO - but the buses from WDW don't get there that early.

I've noticed the last three times we've cruised that port traffic has gotten ridiculous. They're trying to funnel Carnival and DCL traffic into the same entrance through one lane, but some of the Carnival traffic has to cross DCL's leaving traffic, so one car might have to stop to wait for several trucks to cross. This backs up traffic far out onto the road. It took us a solid 45 minutes just to get to luggage dropoff this last time because of this. We were bumper-to-bumper on the feeder road almost all the way back to the bridge. They should have a dedicated entrance for each pier, but they don't, and it's frustrating.
What time do you usually arrive at the port? Trying to decide if its a better idea to drive and park ourselves next time we cruise out of PC. One the first (and only) two cruises we've used a stay,park and cruise package. Worked great last year, not so great this most recent trip.

What time do you usually arrive at the port? Trying to decide if its a better idea to drive and park ourselves next time we cruise out of PC. One the first (and only) two cruises we've used a stay,park and cruise package. Worked great last year, not so great this most recent trip.

We've arrived as early as 10:30 and as late as noon the last three times. We drive ourselves. Our first two cruises we did a taxi and we did a shuttle. I don't like either one of them so we've not done it since. I prefer to get off the boat, load the car and head west.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter