Boardwalk 1BR villa occupancy

pianomanzano

DIS Veteran
Can anyone point me to the language on the DVC website where Boardwalk 1BR sleep 5+infant when using points? Member Services kept telling me that it's only 4+infant specifically for Boardwalk and said that it's always been this way but there are other resorts that allow 5 in a 1BR when using points, just not Boardwalk.

I know I've seen language saying "Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 5th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided". But now I only see that on the Boulder Ridge DVC page, and not for Boardwalk and Beach Club. Now the only information I can find online from a Disney website about the 5th person is in a planDisney May 2023 response.

Any ideas on what to do? Has anyone else run into this issue?

I think it’s always been 4 plus infant or you can have a 5th but no bedding. I don’t ever remember it being 5 plus infant.

But under the room details, you will see the exclusive language information.

I think it’s always been 4 plus infant or you can have a 5th but no bedding. I don’t ever remember it being 5 plus infant.

But under the room details, you will see the exclusive language information.
Seems you're correct. Just called them again to have them clarify. They cite fire code as the reason, which seem silly to me since studios are half the size of a 1br villa and can book 5+infant. Also seems inconsistent with how infants are treated in occupancy numbers.

To hedge any future comments on how comfortable the party would be in a 1br, we were planning on having 4 adults and 2 infants (2yo and 1yo, one sleeps with us and one sleeps in a crib/pack and play).

EDIT: Also meant to add regarding your second point. There's inconsistencies on the room details websites. Some pages state the exclusive member benefit, some do not.

Last edited:

AFAIK, it's never been 5 plus an infant for a 1 bedroom anywhere UNLESS there are actually sleeping surfaces provided for 5 - i.e., a sleeper chair or pull down murphy bed under the tv.

It definitely used to sleep 5 adults. I know because I booked a trip in 2018 with 5 adults named on the reservation. We didn't all stay at the same time, but I was able to have everyone, plus an infant on the reservation:

1706217134590.jpeg

I thought you could as well.

I currently have one booked for 4.
Clicked to modify and it will only let me add an infant guest.

It states a 5th can be accommodated if booked on points with the standard no bedding clause. Which to me means another child or adult is ok as the pack and play is already in the room.

1706331568356.png

Tried to book 1 night for 5 people through the dashboard.

Error popped up stating too many people.

I have only been able to make cash reservations by calling before and thought you could only make point reservations with the site.

Assuming this is the case why could I not make a reservation for 5 since I’m using points??

I have to quote @RoseGold ”Fix the website Bill!!” Is the only thing I can think of :)

1706332426603.png

Tried to book 1 night for 5 people through the dashboard.

Error popped up stating too many people.

I have only been able to make cash reservations by calling before and thought you could only make point reservations with the site.

Assuming this is the case why could I not make a reservation for 5 since I’m using points??

I have to quote @RoseGold ”Fix the website Bill!!” Is the only thing I can think of :)

View attachment 828960
You need to book for 4, and then call/chat to add the 5th person. I'm not sure why the website is designed like that honestly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter