Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

I'm booked for garden view Sep 15th for 5 nights - I have specific room requests in (mostly end units with more private/boxed balconies by the garden or quiet pools). Haven't heard anything yet about the refurbs stretching to pool/garden or std view - I wonder if the Boardwalk facade is undergoing some reno or painting, and they decided to start with the Boardwalk View room refurbs at the same time?

I'm booked for garden view Sep 15th for 5 nights - I have specific room requests in (mostly end units with more private/boxed balconies by the garden or quiet pools). Haven't heard anything yet about the refurbs stretching to pool/garden or std view - I wonder if the Boardwalk facade is undergoing some reno or painting, and they decided to start with the Boardwalk View room refurbs at the same time?
You cannot assume that the closing of the boardwalk view rooms from Sep to Nov 2023 indicates the time when the internal boardwalk view rooms will be refurbished or when the refurb of BWV will actually begin (more likely much earlier in 2023). Likely, that two-month closure is more related to some outside work that is planned. Moreover, if one assumes they will be doing a refurb of all the internal boardwalk rooms at once during that two month period, that would also require the closure of the large number of pool/garden view rooms that are across the hall from the boardwalk view rooms to be out of service, because they need to close the hallways when refurbing the rooms on either side to allow for the workers carts, inlcludng carts taking away things removed and supplying replacement items.

In the past a typical BWV refurb took close to a year, and as far as internal room refurbs were done, they worked on half a floor at a time, starting with the 5th floor, while leaving all other rooms open. They finished and reopened the half, moved on to the other half of the floor, and, when done, moved down to the next floor following the same process.

You cannot assume that the closing of the boardwalk view rooms from Sep to Nov 2023 indicates the time when the internal boardwalk view rooms will be refurbished or when the refurb of BWV will actually begin (more likely much earlier in 2023). Likely, that two-month closure is more related to some outside work that is planned. Moreover, if one assumes they will be doing a refurb of all the internal boardwalk rooms at once during that two month period, that would also require the closure of the large number of pool/garden view rooms that are across the hall from the boardwalk view rooms to be out of service, because they need to close the hallways when refurbing the rooms on either side to allow for the workers carts, inlcludng carts taking away things removed and supplying replacement items.

In the past a typical BWV refurb took close to a year, and as far as internal room refurbs were done, they worked on half a floor at a time, starting with the 5th floor, while leaving all other rooms open. They finished and reopened the half, moved on to the other half of the floor, and, when done, moved down to the next floor following the same process.
So a year from September 2023? We were hoping to book our welcome home trip April 2024. I wonder how much construction will still be going on then?

we just got back yesterday, and it appeared 1133 and 1135 were undergoing a complete renovation. cabinets taken out, when we got a peak it looked like walls were down to studs. first part of the renovation or something else?

thanks for the update. I’m guessing we will lose our ceiling fans, like the other remodels. Probably change out the AC system too. 😩

we just got back yesterday, and it appeared 1133 and 1135 were undergoing a complete renovation. cabinets taken out, when we got a peak it looked like walls were down to studs. first part of the renovation or something else?
Cabinets out and walls down to studs — that’s what I expect for the renovation, so maybe they are starting! That’s good news, to me!

thanks for the update. I’m guessing we will lose our ceiling fans, like the other remodels. Probably change out the AC system too. 😩
I hope we won’t lose the ceiling fans, but you’re probably right. However, I do hope they update the HVAC with a digital thermostat, so we don’t have to guess what we’ll get when we move the slider toward the “warmer” or “colder” end!

As someone who immediately drops the temp to the coldest possible setting the moment I arrive, I much prefer the old analog slider AC...the digital ones all have that motion sensitive shut off which is horrible for cold sleepers at night when it turns off pretty much all night - especially when no one is in the living room area that can move to trigger it. The old 'override' codes sometimes don't seem to work, or only work for a day or two!

As someone who immediately drops the temp to the coldest possible setting the moment I arrive, I much prefer the old analog slider AC...the digital ones all have that motion sensitive shut off which is horrible for cold sleepers at night when it turns off pretty much all night - especially when no one is in the living room area that can move to trigger it. The old 'override' codes sometimes don't seem to work, or only work for a day or two!
I agree. I prefer the old one. Drop it to the coldest setting and be done with it. I hate that the digital won’t go lower than I want. I usually keep my night time setting about 62 at home.

Here now, and when we arrived, that’s where it was, way too cold for us, and I had to adjust it several times to find the sweet spot.

BTW, BWV also has the motion sensitive shut off, which we hate too, and I don’t think there’s a workaround for it. It’s aggravating coming back from a warm afternoon in the parks and having to wait for the AC to cool us off, and if it weren’t for the ceiling fans we’d die of stuffiness while asleep.

Is there a schedule for when they're starting renovations? Looked on this and DVC fan and haven't seen anything. Thanks!

Sounds like a test room. They sometimes redo one or 2 then see what works and what don't.

Not seeing any available 2 bedroom standard views for 2024 in January. Part of the refurb?

Not seeing any available 2 bedroom standard views for 2024 in January. Part of the refurb?

Didn't see anything standard view available when I was looking to book for marathon week. Assuming it's because of refurb and hope that the boardwalk view I booked will be renovated!

I just saw a couple photos of the refreshed BW hotel rooms. They look really nice, so I am excited about the DVC ones that will be coming later this year. The old fashioned rooms, clown pool and creepy people chairs were a definite no for me. I never considered this resort. That will be changing in 2024.

I'm trying to book a week in a 2 bed in January 2024. Perferably BW view but I'll take what I can get. 11 month window is Jan 7/24. I've been at this a few days and the first day is always booked. I thought this was for marathon weekend, but the 7th is the Sunday of that weekend. If people are walking for MLK weekend, wouldn't they book as far out as possible? Jan 7 - 13th can be booked today, but the rest of the week is showing availability. I'll be really disappointed if I can't get BW. I also have BC points which is fully available, but I don't have enough BC points for a 2 bed. :confused3 Any ideas?

I'm trying to book a week in a 2 bed in January 2024. Perferably BW view but I'll take what I can get. 11 month window is Jan 7/24. I've been at this a few days and the first day is always booked. I thought this was for marathon weekend, but the 7th is the Sunday of that weekend. If people are walking for MLK weekend, wouldn't they book as far out as possible? Jan 7 - 13th can be booked today, but the rest of the week is showing availability. I'll be really disappointed if I can't get BW. I also have BC points which is fully available, but I don't have enough BC points for a 2 bed. :confused3 Any ideas?
Inventory is low. While they are not saying, I’m pretty sure garden view rooms are out of inventory too, just not all of them. Remember that in the hallway of standard rooms, across from them are garden rooms. They certainly are not going to do only one side of the hall, so doing both standard and garden that are in the same area at the same time. I’m sure this is the same process when they do the bw view rooms in the fall which have garden view rooms in the same hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter