Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

They might not replace the bathtubs and go with big showers. At least this seems to be the trend in the industry.
Well, the SSR, BCV, BRV and VGF refurbs all kept the tub (bubbler vs. soaking, no whirlpool tubs) + walkin shower configuration in the primary bathroom in the 1/2BR villas, so I would expect the BWV refurb to do the same. Given that the tub is in one room and the shower in another, removing the tub wouldn't provide any extra space for a larger shower. I do expect them to close off the big window between the bedroom and bath, looking into the tub.

OTOH, this is BWV's first real refurb in 25+ years, so who knows what they'll do!

They might not replace the bathtubs and go with big showers. At least this seems to be the trend in the industry.
Other posters are referring to the large whirlpool tubs currently in 1 Bedroom and larger villas. Those tubs are likely getting replaced, but not eliminated.

I'm guessing you're thinking more of smaller Studio villas. Still, I doubt the tubs will be replaced with walk in shower. Because BWV is a timeshare, rules are a little more strict on accommodations remaining consistent with what was originally sold.

Glad to hear folks think the tubs will stay in some capacity. I'm sure folks are right the whirlpool won't return. As long as there is someplace to soak my old bones after a long day in the parks I will be happy.

I've always thought that window between the bedroom and the bath, looking into the tub, was weird.

Maybe it's just me.
Me too. Although I think there was a time period when whirlpool tubs in hotel rooms and bedrooms were considered romantic and high-end. Every now and then see them on old movies/TV shows and on renovation shows. Maybe at BWV it was to allow more light into the room. Anyway, I’ll be happy to see it go!

I like the open window between bath room and bedroom. Are they taking the ceiling fans out?

I like the open window between bath room and bedroom. Are they taking the ceiling fans out?
I don't think we know for sure, but I'm afraid they will - they've disappeared from other resorts after refurbs. If so, I hope Housekeeping will have a good supply of box fans to lend!

I didn't even think about the ceiling fans possibly going away....ugh. We love resorts that have ceiling fans. We already pack a small fan for travel, but sometimes DH uses it w/ the ceiling fan.
I've also never been a fan of that window between the tub and bedroom, would love that be taken out. Would also very much love an actual door or something between that bathroom and the bedroom. One of the very few things that bug me at BWV has been that there is no door there.

I've obviously been under a rock and not paying attention to the refurb. And being a BWV owner, I have a standard studio booked for 5 nights over Halloween.

Reading this, especially the parking comments, I'm seriously thinking of canceling. I use my car a lot, visiting family, offsite dining and sightseeing, plus when I go to Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, etc. I mostly use the parking on the tennis court side to access the back entrance to the standard studios.

To be honest I'd given thoughts to canceling before I read about closing the parking lot. That's because I've got 2 other trips booked, one in December and one in February. I'll have to give this a bit of thought, I guess. The parking is 'almost' a deal breaker for me. The convention area parking has always been a pain, and having to use the across the street parking would send me to the valet, which I despise using also as it requires letting someone else drive my car.

Me too. Although I think there was a time period when whirlpool tubs in hotel rooms and bedrooms were considered romantic and high-end. Every now and then see them on old movies/TV shows and on renovation shows. Maybe at BWV it was to allow more light into the room. Anyway, I’ll be happy to see it go!
I have to say I LOVE it. I watch TV in the tub. my guilty pleasure.

From what is now occurring, and having the boardwalk view closure in fall and standard view in Jan and Feb, it is likely the room renovations will be a three step procedure: (a) doing the boardwalk view rooms now along with the pool/garden (p/g) view rooms that are in the same hallway of the boardwalk view rooms, (b) then have the standard view rooms done along with all the p/g rooms that are in the same hallway as the standard view rooms, and (c) do any remaining p/g rooms where p/g rooms are on both sides of the hallway (no complete closure of all p/g rooms at the same time is needed in that process). That would mean that the completion of the renovations will likely be sometime in spring 2024, not early March.

Question on this:
Aren’t the “group C” rooms (P/G rooms where P/G are on both sides of hallway) basically the short wings that jut out from the main hallway? If so, how would they keep these wings open while doing the “Group A” or “Group B” renos? There would be no interior walkway to the lobby or rest of the resort.

I would think if these wings are closed as the same time as the main hallway, they would just reno them at the same time vs losing the rooms twice.

Basically I’m wondering if it will be just an A and B schedule and everything is done by March? Admitting huge bias and wishful thinking on my end as I have a March trip planned.

Question on this:
Aren’t the “group C” rooms (P/G rooms where P/G are on both sides of hallway) basically the short wings that jut out from the main hallway? If so, how would they keep these wings open while doing the “Group A” or “Group B” renos? There would be no interior walkway to the lobby or rest of the resort.

I would think if these wings are closed as the same time as the main hallway, they would just reno them at the same time vs losing the rooms twice.

Basically I’m wondering if it will be just an A and B schedule and everything is done by March? Admitting huge bias and wishful thinking on my end as I have a March trip planned.
I think you’re right, as that is what makes logical sense. It will likely just be the two phases.

So can I assume a boardwalk view studio will be refurbished by end of Jan.?
I would hope so - rather than assume. There’s no telling what they’ll find when they open up the walls; there have been multiple reports here of plumbing issues and broken pipes leaking in recent years. Whether they allowed for substantial repairs when planning, I have no idea.
Question on this:

Yes, I noticed the same thing when I looked at the map yesterday. They could close the wing that juts out from the BW view hallway while the BW view villas and the P/G villas across from them are open, but I would think that the P/G view wing that juts out between Luna Park and the quiet pool would be closed off and worked on while the SV hallways are being done. Having that many P/G view villas blocked at a time could explain why overall booking at BWV was so difficult for dates after the first of the year.

Pool area has scaffolding in place

They’ve removed the sliders & portion of balcony railing to help with disposal of material

Parking lot at bottom of ramp across bridge was still partially open when we left on 15th

Ditto for the parking lot being at least partially open while I was there through the 19th. They had taken the last 4-6 rows closest to the river & tennis courts for the workers and trucks. The parking isn't too much of an issue in my experience, as such a large swath of the DVCs are blocked off now, there are far less people with cars needing spaces - I didn't have issue with parking myself.

I believe I saw the covered shapes of tubs being trucked in while I was there and they looked just like the more rectangular non-jetted tubs I've seen at the other refurbs. So I'm pretty sure they'll do those soaking tubs and seal the wall as in Wilderness and Saratoga refurbs I've been in.

I had a quiet pool room on the 5th floor right at the very end of the hall, end room looking over the river...it was pretty quiet - no construction noise at all - even the workers coming in and out of the parking lot passing the pool were respectful and quiet in the early AM as they walked in.

I was surprised to see a 1br BW view pop up for mid Feb’24 yesterday- 5 days- which I grabbed. I assume that will be refurbished but I’ve learned not to expect anything. We are also going in early Nov - have a 1 BR Standard View. Assuming lots of construction but always excited about a visit. Will report back.

Very plain but much better than before. Wish they did more, but glad it doesn’t look like the regular renovated rooms, which was basically grand floridan layout with different colors

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter