• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk area restaurants

Nuclear Monkey

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a good restaurant near boardwalk for my family including a 2 and 8 year old. They are both adventurous eaters (We plan on going to bathhouse and I know they will enjoy a lot of the menu (shellfish, calimari, etc.)). I was originally looking at Flying Fish, but thought it may be too stuffy. I am considering ale and compass, but some of the reviews i have read give me pause. We are going in late August and plan on being in Epcot during the day. After dinner, we may go to Hollywood Studio for the Fireworks.

If you're going to be at EPCOT, what about dinner there? Like Coral Reef where they can watch the sea life swim around during dinner.

If you're going to be at EPCOT, what about dinner there? Like Coral Reef where they can watch the sea life swim around during dinner.

I think that would be my recommendation as well. Coral Reef is a fun place to eat with kids.

OP- if you do not want to eat in EPcot, and have ruled FF out, why not try Al Forno?

I am a huge fan of Flying Fish. I have been with my kids though. I have not been since the refurb but I did not find it too be too stuffy. It is definitely a high-quality restaurant but didn’t feel stuffy to me. It reminds of a great seafood chain we have in the northeast called Legal Seafood. Definitely a nicer but still family-friendly restaurant. I do think they’re he quality of food is much better than Coral Reef but you can’t beat the view at Coral Reef, especially with kids.

I have not tried Flying Fish but would like to. We did eat at al Forno last summer and enjoyed it.

I'm looking for a good restaurant near boardwalk for my family including a 2 and 8 year old. They are both adventurous eaters (We plan on going to bathhouse and I know they will enjoy a lot of the menu (shellfish, calimari, etc.)). I was originally looking at Flying Fish, but thought it may be too stuffy. I am considering ale and compass, but some of the reviews i have read give me pause. We are going in late August and plan on being in Epcot during the day. After dinner, we may go to Hollywood Studio for the Fireworks.

Cape May in BC is a great choice, and easy for families. There are many choices for 'kids' of all ages.

IL Mulino has the best Italian on property and is on the way to DHS.

Our meal at FF took 3 hours and was mediocre at best. If you want to eat directly on the Boardwalk, Trattoria is good.

If you aren't on the dining plan, I would go to bluezoo at the Dolphin - great seafood and steak and arguably one of the best restaurants in WDW. Or just stay in EP and eat at Spice Road Table - great food, nice atmosphere, fantastic staff.

Given the age of your children I agree with those who suggest the Coral Reef.........Trattoria al Forno is a great restaurant with great food too.........would be better for breakfast with the kids given they do a character meal then.

Doug :goofy:

Given the age of your children I agree with those who suggest the Coral Reef.........Trattoria al Forno is a great restaurant with great food too.........would be better for breakfast with the kids given they do a character meal then.

Doug :goofy:
You can also make an 11:50, and do brunch/lunch. That’s what we did, it was awesome.

Flying Fish is pricey for what it is. I wouldn’t say it offers anything special for kids either. Coral Reef is not exceptional food wise, but the experience is fun. If you want to eat outside the parks, Cape May Cafe at BC/YC is a fun and kid friendly choice.

Our last trip, we ate at Flying Fish and Il Mulino. Saw plenty of kids at both. Enjoyed both meals a lot. It really depends on how your 2 year old does in restaurants. I wouldn't define either as stuffy.
In EPCOT, with young kids, Coral Reef is hard to beat. The food is average, but the aquarium is amazing.

We eat at Flying Fish every year with our daughter. She has been there each year since she was 2 and she will be 6 this year. The food is some of our favorite on property and they have some really fun desserts. Watch the DIS review of Flying Fish. They gave it a very thorough review. I would stay away from Coral Reef. The aquarium is nice but the food is regularly reviewed as being horrible. If you really want to do a memorable lunch, go to Beaches and Cream and get the Kitchen Sink.

We eat at Flying Fish every year with our daughter. She has been there each year since she was 2 and she will be 6 this year. The food is some of our favorite on property and they have some really fun desserts. Watch the DIS review of Flying Fish. They gave it a very thorough review. I would stay away from Coral Reef. The aquarium is nice but the food is regularly reviewed as being horrible. If you really want to do a memorable lunch, go to Beaches and Cream and get the Kitchen Sink.
We did the chocolate kitchen sink. It was a trip highlight for the kids. We love Beaches and Cream. Ale and Compass was really good for us. The kids steak was fabulous. Dh and I had the fish and chips, ds, the burger and oldest daughter—soup. All good. Great service. You’re reminding me why I love Crescent Lake.

foubd trattoria al forno very good for kids. relaxed and lots of kid friendly food (which kids dont like italian). food was decent and we ll be going back next trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter