• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Breakfast Choices?

Kirsti

Mouseketeer
So... I am currently torn between breakfast at Trattoria al Forno or Ale & Compass for our upcoming trip. This would be for our "late start, chill at the resort" morning before we stroll into Epcot. My wife and I are staying at the Boardwalk for our anniversary trip, so it's two adults, who are definitely foodies. We haven't eaten at either of these places before. Does anyone have strong opinions on one versus the other?

Trattoria al Forno is amazing for breakfast but can be a little pricey. Definitely a nice mid trip or end of trip breakfast for sure.
Boardwalk Bakery is good if you are looking for something quick

Trattoria has several delicious breakfast options but as @BroadwayHermione5 wrote, it is pricey for breakfast.

Have you ever had breakfast at Boma?

Last edited:
We ate at Trattoria al Forno for breakfast for the first time in December and absolutely loved it! For a table service breakfast I didn't think prices were too outrageous, but obviously more than a QS spot.

We were planning on doing A&C as well but it didn't work out. Their menu looked great too, and they are getting their buffet back soon.

We've had Ale & Compass breakfast 3 times. It's a brunch menu, so you've some variety if not wanting all traditional breakfast items.

The last couple times were adequate, but we felt the quality of the more creative dishes was a bit off, not the freshest ingredients. A few seemed creative and merely quirky as opposed to tasty. Nothing major but not as good overall as the first time, which was not long after it opened. So, perhaps, the difference was that restaurants often are very good initially and then start cutting back or slacking.

Service there has been very good every time.

Trattoria al Forno was terrific while a character breakfast in quality, we thought, a bit limited in choices. Our last there was in November, non-character due to covid, food and service were excellent.

If you fancy tiramisu, DH raved about the tiramisu french toast...and he's very picky about his tiramisu having grown up in NYC.

Now, if only Victoria & Albert's can get going again soon... I know--a completely irrelevant whine. We're foodies, too, and missed eating there terribly last trip.

We ate at Ale & Compass for the first time in November and loved it. The chocolate waffles were amazing.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’ve booked Ale & Compass based on it. Though, like with so much at Disney, I’m sure there isn’t a bad option!

So... I am currently torn between breakfast at Trattoria al Forno or Ale & Compass for our upcoming trip. This would be for our "late start, chill at the resort" morning before we stroll into Epcot. My wife and I are staying at the Boardwalk for our anniversary trip, so it's two adults, who are definitely foodies. We haven't eaten at either of these places before. Does anyone have strong opinions on one versus the other?
I'm am certainly a self-described foodie. We stay along Boardwalk.

Trattoria al Forno was fine. We went when there were no princesses. Not sure if that impacted the pleasurable dining experience.

But we had an excellent meal at Ale & Compass. Changed other plans to go back during the same stay. The repeat of excellent food 'hid' the mediocre service. We learned to share a plate of the chocolate waffles for dessert (at breakfast).

I love Ale & Compass and am so excited the breakfast buffet is returning. It’s not a traditional buffet. You order an entree from the menu but can add on the buffet, which essentially has “sides” — fruit, charcuterie, yogurt, Parker House rolls (SO delicious) and other breads/pastries. or at least that’s what was offered pre-pandemic. Hope you enjoy!!

Trattoria al Forno has some interesting non-standard breakfast items. You should check out the menu.

Trattoria al Forno has some interesting non-standard breakfast items. You should check out the menu.
I did look at both menus, as well as reviews online, and was still very torn. The breakfast pizza and the caprese omelette from the Trattoria both sounded intriguing. However, after showing them both to my wife, she is also leaning towards the food offerings at Ale & Compass. So (at least so far), we will stick with that reservation. Although there's still ten days to change our minds... :)

We’ve had both several times each. And we have both booked for our upcoming trip. If I HAD to choose one, I’d go with Trattoria. Their Avocado Toast entree is the best on property, IMO. But, I really don’t think you can go wrong with either!

Add one to the tally for Ale & Compass I LOVE their breakfast.

Unrelated but since you’re by the Skyliner also consider the Riviera QS for breakfast (or really anything) since they’re newer I find their offerings very fresh and creative. You can mobile order and take a quick flight to pick it up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter