Boardwalk for a few Brews

DadLadd428

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are owners at OKW, but we love going to BWV on our adult-only trip to catch a game and a beer at the ESPN Club and enjoy some pseudo crafts at Big River. We are "Seats at the bar" kinda people. Can we still just drive over or do we need to have a reservation to be let into the resort? I heard resorts are getting pretty strict about letting non guests onto property and it's been a few years since we've had a trip to ourselves... Thanks everyone!

My wife and I are owners at OKW, but we love going to BWV on our adult-only trip to catch a game and a beer at the ESPN Club and enjoy some pseudo crafts at Big River. We are "Seats at the bar" kinda people. Can we still just drive over or do we need to have a reservation to be let into the resort? I heard resorts are getting pretty strict about letting non guests onto property and it's been a few years since we've had a trip to ourselves... Thanks everyone!
ESPN has closed and the space is being reimagined as a tea room.

Parking at BWV is very limited. A lot of parking scofflaws want to park at YC/BC or BWI to avoid paying for parking at HS or Epcot. So yeah, the guards can be pretty strict about who they allow access to the lot.

You might want to try parking at HS and taking the boat to BWI instead if you are visiting during park hours.

ESPN has closed and the space is being reimagined as a tea room.

Parking at BWV is very limited. A lot of parking scofflaws want to park at YC/BC or BWI to avoid paying for parking at HS or Epcot. So yeah, the guards can be pretty strict about who they allow access to the lot.

You might want to try parking at HS and taking the boat to BWI instead if you are visiting during park hours.
Unfortunate about the ESPN Club... I've had my finger far from the pulse of the resort. But appreciate you for the suggestion! Definitely not as easy as just pulling up like the old days but it's better than nothing. Thank you!

What restaurants will still be at the Boardwalk in OCT 2022?
All the ones that are there now. ESPN Club never reopened, and it's the one they are turning into a bakery, so it will still be closed. Boardwalk Bakery is turning into more of a sandwich shop, but I haven't heard anything about it needing to close in order to make the change. The new bakery, and the new coffee shop in the lobby aren't scheduled to be open by then.

if you are looking to take in a game and a beer, since ESPN club closed the best place to sit at the bar and watch the game is for you to take the boat to Springs and go here. Great atmosphere, better food than ESpN used to have and great TV's. Tons of taps on the walls. Love it.

https://www.cityworksrestaurant.com/locations/disneysprings-2/

You will probably need a reservation. Took the kids to AKL last week and was told that I couldn't get in without a dining reservation. I was let in after a short conversation but no guarantees. BWV has always been the least accessible when it came to just driving over without a dining reservation, due to limited parking.

Edit: anyone can ride the bus in or walk in from the parks. It seems to just be the cars they are restricting. And pool access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter