Boardwalk Inn Beds Horrible

Justabaseballmom

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at the Boardwalk Inn before? The beds feel as if sleeping on a piece of wood. Checked in Sat, been here 2 nights and woke up with worse backache ever. Going to talk to front desk in a bit. Don't know what they can do but I can't sleep in this room another night.

Has anyone stayed at the Boardwalk Inn before? The beds feel as if sleeping on a piece of wood. Checked in Sat, been here 2 nights and woke up with worse backache ever. Going to talk to front desk in a bit. Don't know what they can do but I can't sleep in this room another night.

Hopefully they can move you or bring an egg crate top. We've stayed in 6 different rooms at BWI and the beds were great.

We had this problem during one of our visits to AKL. I don't know what it was, but that bed was killing our backs (haven't had that problem when we stayed there again, or at other resorts). We asked them if they had a foam topper, and they said they'd look for one but they don't keep too many around--if I remember correctly, because they can't really clean them. However they offered to send someone to Target to buy one if they couldn't find one. They did locate one a few hours later and left it in our room, and it helped!

Spoke to concierge. Said they will change mattresses out? Doesn't sound right but guess I'll wait and see. Lady at desk had no clue what I was talking about. Told her it's like sleeping on a piece of wood. And to top it off the pillows are thin as paper. At point just want to go home.

Many times and never had a problem. Wonder if they can move you to a different room? I got a new cell phone and no longer have the list of rooms we stayed in or I'd tell you the rooms we've had where we loved the beds. I know 2 of them were over the top of Flying Fish and another over the top of ESPN

Like @AngiTN and @dansdad, we've stayed at BWI many times and have always found the beds to be great. The pillows were also fine. Changing out the mattress should make a difference. Ask for different pillows, too. I hope it works out for you because it's a lovely resort.

I think you might have just gotten a bad room, I've stayed there many times and not had any problems with the real bed, the pull out sofa in the sudios, you bet but not the real bed. As far as the pillows, usually there are 3 or 4 different types of pillows on the bed ranging from hard to soft to high to low. I've always had the opposite problem with the pillows in that they were too big for me.

I was just there in march/April and loved the beds and would have smuggled the pillows home if I could. So different than our poly experience years ago where beds were so soft I only slept a few hours a night I was so uncomfortable. I know everyone likes something different but sounds really bad and hope they can help you out.

Not just you. Uncomfortable beds were literally my only complaint at BWI. I love everything else about the resort. And I'm not too picky about beds--we stay in a lot of hotels and for some reason, the room we got at BWI had firm beds that were not plush in any way. Maybe some rooms have an updated mattress? We've stayed at GF, CR, BC, etc, and BWI mattress was, by far and noticeably, the worst.

We stayed in the BWV side last month, I thought the bed was more comfortable than the much firmer beds at the Poly studios. The cleanliness bathroom at the BWV was by far the worst I've experienced at WDW though mold and corrosion all around the tub and shower curtain.

Our bed got changed out and it's so much better. We are on the inn side, over looking a courtyard. Think courtyard in back of ESPN club. Guess all the beds are getting switched out, new box springs and mattresses. They had about 4 on 5th floor and and a few on 3rd floor yesterday. Room and bathroom are very clean. Enjoying the resort over all. Kids love the pool. Only thing that would be great is an option for burger and fries on the Boardwalk side. Discovered the grill yesterday at the Yacht and Beach Club. Kids enjoyed that. Especially since we brought our cups with us they were able to get a Mickey Bar with the counter service. The dining plan is great but a lot of food. We're on the regular plan and check out on Sat. There's 5 of us and still have around 40 credits. My 17yo took his little brother to general store to get a snack yesterday, comes back confused cause he didn't get charged. Guess person in front of them had extra credits to use up so paid for theirs. . Told him it's a little pixie dust.

Our bed got changed out and it's so much better. We are on the inn side, over looking a courtyard. Think courtyard in back of ESPN club. Guess all the beds are getting switched out, new box springs and mattresses. They had about 4 on 5th floor and and a few on 3rd floor yesterday. Room and bathroom are very clean. Enjoying the resort over all. Kids love the pool. Only thing that would be great is an option for burger and fries on the Boardwalk side. Discovered the grill yesterday at the Yacht and Beach Club. Kids enjoyed that. Especially since we brought our cups with us they were able to get a Mickey Bar with the counter service. The dining plan is great but a lot of food. We're on the regular plan and check out on Sat. There's 5 of us and still have around 40 credits. My 17yo took his little brother to general store to get a snack yesterday, comes back confused cause he didn't get charged. Guess person in front of them had extra credits to use up so paid for theirs. . Told him it's a little pixie dust.
I'm so glad it's better now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter