Boardwalk Inn Questions

CamColt

Other than ESPN, and Jellyrolls, I know very little about the Boardwalk so I have a few questions.

For a standard room at BWI, what are the usual views? Are any better than others?
Do all the standard rooms have balconies?
Are there any first floor rooms there? If so, do they have patios?

Any other opinions or info about BWI would be appreciated.

Originally posted by CamColt
Other than ESPN, and Jellyrolls, I know very little about the Boardwalk so I have a few questions.

For a standard room at BWI, what are the usual views? Are any better than others?
Do all the standard rooms have balconies?
Are there any first floor rooms there? If so, do they have patios?

Any other opinions or info about BWI would be appreciated.

Standard rooms have views of the front entry way. They are all pretty much the same. All rooms have either a balcony or patio. Not sure if any standard rooms are on the first floor.

We stayed there in a concierge room. The decor was nice but a bit busy for my tastes. The room was very clean and comfortable. I'd stay there again, but it might not be my first choice...there wasn't anything bad about it, but there are jsut some that I like better.

Anne

The standard views may vary from garden to parking lot view. So you can see that the quality of the view would vary. I would call to check that information. There are first floor rooms. All rooms have balconies unless on the first floor, of course, where these rooms have a patio area.

There is no food court at the BWI, but there are some food stands on the Boardwalk. Kind of a hassle if you'd like to get a quick bite or if you are on a tight budget. I have never gotten anything at these food stands. I feel funny about that. There aren't a lot of places to sit once you've purchased your snack.

The Boardwalk views tend to be noisy on the weekends after the bars and restaurants close. The patrons forget that people are sleeping above them as they hoot and holler and stumble to their cars.

The rooms are nice, though. This is one of my favorite resorts.

Here is the information/description from Disney's website regarding the views at the Boardwalk. It appears that the standard views include garden views.

Standard View Room
All rooms have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Some rooms offer day bed and private balcony. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port on phone, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and refrigerator (upon request). Standard View Rooms offer views of a garden or parking area.

Water/Pool View Room
All rooms have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Some rooms offer day bed and private balcony. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port on phone, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and refrigerator (upon request). Water/Pool View Rooms offer views of a lake and the boardwalk.

Standard View, Concierge Room
Concierge service at the Innkeepers Club includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, and lounge with Continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert. All rooms have two queen-size beds or one king-size bed, table and chairs, ceiling fan, vanity area with two sinks, and bath. Some rooms offer day bed and private balcony. Non-smoking and disabled-accessible rooms are available. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, data port on phone, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, and refrigerator (upon request). Standard View, Concierge Rooms offer views of a garden or parking area.

We had a standard view room on the third floor. It overlooked the garden suites and had a view of Epcot (Spaceship Earth and the Eiffel Tower.) We had a full balcony, the only neg. was it received full sun in the morning. But I spent every afternoon reading while DH and DS napped, listening to the British Invasion. I loved Boardwalk, and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the great info everyone!

Ducklite, I thought the same thing when I saw pictures of the room decor. I wouldnt do my house like that, but I could live with it for a few days. ;)

I have booked a standard view twice and had a view of Spaceship Earth and Illuminations.

Also, in the mornings in the Belleview Lounge they offer a continental breakfast for purchase. This sometimes is closed during slower times.

You can also purchase salads, sandwiches, and hot dogs at the Luna Park pool and have lunch or an early dinner there.

We stayed at BWI last year in a water view room. We had a great price in value season so could afford to splurge on the view. A few other tidbits of info...

The Inn has a coin laundry facility on the third floor, apx. $8 to buy soap, wash and dry one load but it was cheaper than buying clean sweatshirts (it was a little colder than I had planned on).

I thought the food from the BW kiosks was good. We had great hot dogs from that cart, pizza from Spoodles window was ok, BWBakery had sandwiches and fresh fruit in addition to totally yummy sweets and we bought things from the little grocery area in the general store. I thought the food at the pool might have come from ESPN, we ate the pool a few times too.

All the staff was so friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful housekeeper.

We enjoyed the evening atmosphere at the BW. It is definately a perk of staying there. That and the ability to walk into the back of Epcot for dinner or evening entertainment.

:D

We stayed at the BWI in 1999. Our standard room faced the inner courtyard and we were on the ground level with a patio. We had 2 queen beds and a daybed. It was a lovely room. I have read though that some standard view rooms overlook the front entrance which is also the walkway to the bus stop and can be noisy.
I like staying at the Epcot resorts because of the location.
I really enjoyed our stay at BWI and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. But my new found Epcot resort is the Dolphin because of the teacher rate.

I stayed there last December for 1 night before checking into BWV for 6 nights. Our standard view room faced the walkway to the bus stop. People were walking by and talking all the time. If you book standard view, request an upper floor and courtyard or Epcot view. I didn't make any requests other than non-smoking and checked in around 4:00pm. That was all that was left.

...that if you request a water view, and get it, you could have some company.

The BW is a busy BUSY place, and the crowds and the music can really get cranking.

We were hoping to get to bed early, so we could get UP early. But it was IMPOSSIBLE with an oompah band pumping right outside our window (we were on the third floor, just above the Flying Fish) and throngs of appreciative vacationers applauding the various acts wandering the waterfront.

Things quieted down between 10:30 and 11 each night.

If we stay there again, we'd request a room on the other side of the building.

Our waterview room faced the courtyard between the Inn and Villas and I think that buffered us from the direct evening noise. We never really had a problem when we shut our doors. Our room was 5th floor above the Belview Lounge area. But i could see that might be an issue with a full BW facing room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter