BoardWalk or Beach Club Villas?

Miffy2003

<font color=orange>I've got Saratoga Springs - mak
Hi everyone

Looking for your opinions please? After ages of cajoling DH (coupled with the dollar/pound rate just now!) we are nearly in a position to buy 150 or so DVC points.

I've read both the UK & main DVC boards with much interest for months and have narrowed it down (!) to one of the Epcot resorts, going for the "buy where you want to stay" advice. I know it will have to be a resale (the SSR location despite the extra 12 years use does not appeal to me quite as much).

From what I can see, the decor at both BCV & BWV is wonderful, as are the facilities and location. Stormalong Bay is a big plus for BCV, but less points for standard view at BWV appeals too! There are less resales about for BCV and they seem to be slightly more pricey than BWV but I am happy to wait for the "right" resale.

Could anyone who has stayed at either one or both let me know their thoughts? I would really appreciate it! :) :)

Any other tips or hints about buying from the UK? We were going to wait till we go in December and do it there but I am keen to do it sooner!

Many thanks for anyone's help!

Karen

Hi Karen

My home resort in BWV and we have stayed there twice in standard rooms each time.
Last year we stayed at BCV.

I think both have their plus points.
The Boardwalk is a more bustling sort of atmosphere with a 'hotel' type feel to it due to the wonderful lobby and sharing with the Inn side.
It is close to the many restaurants and other entertainment on the Boardwalk.

The BCV is much more laid back. It is amazing how quiet it is considering it is right in the middle of the action. The quiet pool is very pretty and, as you already mentioned, you get access to Stormalong Bay.

It really depends on your personal preferences, but you can't go wrong with either.
Of course, the great thing is that, whichever resort you choose, you can swap out to the other should you wish.

This year we are staying in the BWV with a Boardwalk view. And don't forget Vero Beach, Hilton Head and the cruise!

Kev

I bought my initial contract resale. The main problem is that, unlesss it's changed in the past two years, you can't pay the broker with your credit card, but you have to do a bank transfer instead. Not difficult, but it will add an extra £50-£100 to the overall cost.

Bear in mind that if you want to take advantage of the lower point costs of a standard view at Boardwalk, you will probably need to own there for the 11 month window, as the standard views go very quickly.

Have you registered with any of the resale brokers? Once you know what you want, it could be worth while as they can then contact you as soon as the right package comes on the market.

HTH

Definitely register with one or more resale brokers (including the sponsor of this board). By the time properties appear on the Internet, they're often already taken.

We've stayed just one night in BWV and have never stayed in BCV, so you can probably take my opinion with a pinch of salt! ;)

All I can say is that I loved BWV and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (especially if I could get standard view rates on points!), but DH was less impressed and is in no hurry to stay there again. :rolleyes:

I think, on balance, I'd choose to own at BWV over BCV purely in order to take advantage of the lower points at 11 months. You are likely to be able to get BCV at 7 months at all but the very busiest times, should you want to stay there instead. You're less likely to be able to get BWV standard view at 7 months.

We went to BCV's a couple of months ago for the first time - VWL regulars - and although I had initial reservations - we really love VWL - I was very impressed.

The location is superb and the facilities very good. Was quite surprised to find that on the second week when we were at VWL, we kinda wished we had spend the whole time at BCV's.

Never tried BW yet, but plenty of time ;)

David :D

Hi all

Thanks very much for all your responses - much appreciated!

Karen

Hi Karen. we stayed at BCV in January and the massive plus points are location and for our 3 year old stormalong bay (she and for that matter we loved it !) The rooms were lovely but just a little oddly designed , too many doors- kept trying to go to bed in the bathroom or washer! It was great to just walk into the back of epcot. I posted quite a lengthy report on the main boards when we returned back in the middle of Jan with a bit more detail. Anyway hey its Disney so you can't go that wrong. Best decision we ever made even though the exchange rate was 1.35 when we bought!!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter