Boardwalk or Beach Club

missmickey

Mouseketeer
Everyone was so helpful with my last comparison, but we are now leaning toward Epcot Resorts and I love more opinions.
Which would you choose? We are a family of 4. Girls are 11 and 14 (when we go).
Five nights at the end of January 2024. Prices are roughly the same BC is $406 avg/night and BW is $413.
I believe BW will be under construction and BC main pool is being renovated during that time.

Beach Club main pool refurb is not until 2025, I believe. Your kids may enjoy Stormalong Bay given its size and variety. Honestly though, I don't think you can go wrong with either resort.

Beach Club. I really dislike the dining set-up at BWI - if you want something to eat, you have to go outside on the Boardwalk to access the TS and QS - it's really inconvenient. BC is much better located and the dining options are under a roof (with seating at the QS). You may not want a pool in January - we went mid-January this year and it was way too cold to swim.

Having stayed in both locations I prefer BC but you really can’t go wrong with either. Pool definitely wins, and with refurb now not until 2025 that is not an issue. They are just different, but also around lake so I basically utilize any resort for food etc when I stay at any one of them but I’m a walker, and if you are not, you probably wouldn’t just hop across the lake, although you can boat. The layouts are completely different and I like BC better.
I had this same (easy) dilemma for my Nov stay coming up. I had to book BWI based on discount. However, when YC came up (same thing in my mind as BC) with the discount and was actually less, it was not even a second thought to jump on it.
In this case BC is also less for you. I would definitely take it. Especially with teens/preteens. They can travel from BC side to YC side checking out the different shopping and food areas, the ice cream window, awesome pool that probably won’t be packed then if you get any decent swimming weather, but kids don’t probably care as much.

Everyone was so helpful with my last comparison, but we are now leaning toward Epcot Resorts and I love more opinions.
Which would you choose? We are a family of 4. Girls are 11 and 14 (when we go).
Five nights at the end of January 2024. Prices are roughly the same BC is $406 avg/night and BW is $413.
I believe BW will be under construction and BC main pool is being renovated during that time.
The BoardWalk Inn rooms are finished, I believe. It's the Boardwalk Villas DVC rooms that are being remodeled.

I agree with PP that I prefer the setup at Beach Club, where the gift shop/quick service is in the building, and there are several places to sit inside.

At BoardWalk, you have to go down to the BoardWalk for the gift shop and restaurants (other than a new coffee place within the hotel that I haven't seen yet). The BoardWalk deli and the pizza window have no indoor seating and the outdoor seating is limited. The only indoor seating at BoardWalk is the lobby (and in the past you could sit in the Belle Vue lounge even during hours that it wasn't open, not sure what the situation is currently).

I've also stayed at both and prefer BC, but honestly they are both really great resorts and there's no wrong choice here.

Another vote for BC. We find it more relaxing and a bit quieter than BW - just our experience. And oh yea - the pool.....! Although, we also tend to visit late January most years. FYI - most trips we have at least several days to enjoy the pool - but it's not a given because there are some colder days in Florida in January.

I'd consider BC. I am doing a BW stay this spring but my kids are much younger and while stormalong bay is awesome, my kids are not independent enough to run the pool without me! I would have done BC if they were your children's ages.

Having stayed at both, I prefer BWI for a January trip. The main reason is that it is too cold for my liking to enjoy pools in January.

The food setup didn't bother us at all. Neither of us were impressed with Beach Club but in fairness, we did a split stay. The first half was at GDT Club Level. Everything from the rooms & especially the club level service, was far better at GDT even though it's a moderate. So BC was a bit of a let down for us under these circumstances.

Location wise I think BW is better with those ages. It is an easier walk to both DHS and Epcot from BW vs BC. The walk from BC to DHS is close to 25 minutes

I would choose Beach Club due to the construction over at the Boardwalk as well as the fact that your kids are a great age for Stormalong Bay.

Personally I would choose BC. The food options are better when you include YC. Plus with EPCOT being our favorite park, the proximity to the International Gateway is great. Also the Skyliner is closer to BC.

I agree that the walk to DHS is easier from BW. However, I think the walk to Epcot is easier from BC.
True. BC to EP is so easy, and closer than BW. The walk to DS is a bit longer from BC than BW. We've clocked on our GPS watch almost exactly 1 mile from BC lobby to front entrance at HS. But folks also have the option to take the boat or even a less direct route via Skyliner. We've done all 3 and find walking, boat, Skyliner all take about 15-20 minutes from BC. We tend to go for the EP festivals, and BC just can't be beat location-wise.

If staying on the BC villa side, the little sidewalk leading to Epcot is amazing. We love Epcot so we really enjoyed it.
I would say both are good for location, but I do agree with the comments about getting food.

As for the pool, it depends on the weather. If you come from cold, winter weather you may use the pool. My kids used the pool last December when it was FREEZING in Orlando.

As for the pool, it depends on the weather. If you come from cold, winter weather you may use the pool. My kids used the pool last December when it was FREEZING in Orlando.
Same here a couple times - with life guards in bright red parkas, hoping beyond hope they don't need to go into the water to assist someone!

I agree that the walk to DHS is easier from BW. However, I think the walk to Epcot is easier from BC.
I agree. It is 10 minutes from BW vs 5 minutes from BC, but I just don’t think it is great to walk all the way from BC to DHS like it is from BW. With teenagers they may want to do more walking and less waiting on transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter