Boardwalk or switch?

TXAKDisneyFan

DIS Veteran
We just changed our Nov reservation from PO-R to a boardwalk view CL at the Boardwalk. We had planned on CL at the Beach Club, but the best discounts were for Boardwalk. I've never heard anything about Boardwalk. How does it compared to Beach Club? (Note: we've only stayed theme park view CL at the Poly.)

I've never stayed at BC, but I have stayed CL at Yacht club and CL at BWI. I preferred BWI's theme. Both are in excellent locations. The pool was not a factor for me when I stayed at YC because 1) it was an adults only trip and 2) the water slide was shut down for repairs! When we stayed BWI with our kids, they loved the Clown pool--they were ages 6, 8, 10, and 12 at the time.

Edited to add: BWI is actually my favorite resort, and I've stayed at most of the deluxes and all of the moderates on property.

I like both resorts, but it depends on how important the pool is to you, as Stormalong Bay at BC is considered the best pool and slide on property. BC is a bit closer to the entrance of Epcot if you plan to walk. I preferred the room decor in BC but the lobby at BWI.

Stayed at both an prefer BC. Checked out of BWI twice early and switched to a different resort due to problems. One was a horrendous pull out couch that wasn't fit for a human being, and the first time was construction going on(years ago) that made it so noisy it was impossible to sleep.

I much prefer BW. I have no use for the pool at YC/BC...just to chaotic and spread out for me. I prefer the feel at BW. As far as noise goes, the construction has yet to bother me. Now, if you have a room that looks out onto the boardwalk, the carts moving about first thing in the morning could be an issue!!!

We have stayed at both and really like them both but we do prefer Boardwalk. We actually prefer the pool at Boardwalk over BC/YC pool complex (blasphemy around here I know). The Boardwalk pool has THE best slide on property in our opinion.

As far are the CL part of BWI, you'll get more opinions if you ask over on the CL thread.... but generally speaking BWI CL tends to get very consistent positive reviews from many CL regulars and has a pretty loyal following. Food and CMs tend to get very strong reviews. DW stayed BWI CL for a long weekend back in Feb and very much enjoyed it. She didn't much like the overall layout of BWI and the distance from her room to the lounge, to the pool, etc, but in terms of CL, she says :thumbsup2:thumbsup2.

Stayed at both, definitely Boardwalk--stayed standard and club at BWI--liked both. My club room faced garden and quiet pool.

We stayed BWI CL a couple of years ago. It was lovely. We had a nice room with a court yard view, the Boardwalk was to our extreme right. Our room was outside of the CL entrance door, manned by a CM.

I thought the CL nightly offerings were really good. DD and I loved the potato soup, we could eat a gallon of it!

The CM's were helpful and friendly. I thought the Poly staff was better, more personable and better staffed.

We love staying at the BW, both BWI and BWV. So close to EPCOT, great nightlife and great places to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter