• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Room Request?

Jim Ousley

Disneyfamilyof6
We will be staying at Boardwalk 1 BR Standard View in March 2019 for 6 nights.

Two little ones. 2 and 4. So we will have a stroller.

We have never stayed here. What is a reasonable location to request.

We do prefer quiet for sleeping. So maybe higher floor?

We always have heards of elephants above us especially at HHI.

We have no idea what to request. Anyone with experience please help me.

Thanks!

Standard is mostly along the driveway to the main entrance. Long hallway running from the elevator area to the end of the building. At the elevator end is the DME bus, cars dropping off and luggage coming from the airport, it can sometimes get noisy.

:earsboy: Bill

I would agree with high floor. For a quiet location, you could request also to be near the tennis courts, which will mean a longer walk from the elevator but quieter, and closer to the bus stop and Hollywood Studios if you should decide to walk.

With the kids and the strollers, I would request first floor. If you can't use steps, and your room is at the end of the hall, you would have to walk all the way down the hall to the elevators, then down the front driveway to the bus stop or parking lot. With a first floor, you can go one way to get to the exit by the parking lot and the other way to the exit to the boardwalk. Will save a lot of time.

Agree with DebbieB. Note that the rooms closest to the elevators are noisier than the ones farther away. Other than noise from your neighbors, which you can't control, most of the noise comes from the pools (not an issue for standard view) and the hallways.

I'd add near the bus stop to your request for first floor. Note that the BWV lobby is on the second floor.

Request top floor by the elevator, that way you might end up with ground floor by the bus stop exit. BWV is the worst resort to get what you ask for. We have 10+ trip and only 1 time did we get anywhere near our request.

Request top floor by the elevator, that way you might end up with ground floor by the bus stop exit. BWV is the worst resort to get what you ask for. We have 10+ trip and only 1 time did we get anywhere near our request.
Sorry to hear this. Can't remember a time that we didn't get our request when we booked standard view. I usually ask for upper floor across from bus stop. We've stayed there almost every year at least once since 1999.

Sorry to hear this. Can't remember a time that we didn't get our request when we booked standard view. I usually ask for upper floor across from bus stop. We've stayed there almost every year at least once since 1999.

That's what I always request too and we always got close to that. One time even lucked out and got the large corner 1 bedroom.

With the kids and the strollers, I would request first floor. If you can't use steps, and your room is at the end of the hall, you would have to walk all the way down the hall to the elevators, then down the front driveway to the bus stop or parking lot. With a first floor, you can go one way to get to the exit by the parking lot and the other way to the exit to the boardwalk. Will save a lot of time.

yeahthat.gif

Debbie makes great points about first floor and the room location. I think this is the best plan.

This is a great thread. I have the same issue but have a 4 and 1 year old. I’ll also request a first floor room. Is the best way to call?

Only problem we had with staying at Boardwalk with 2 kids under the age of 5 was the long distance from the elevator. It was more of an issue coming back late from a park with sleepy kids. We had a standard parking lot view and we did not experience noise issues that I recall...probably just exhausted.

To avoid the most noise, ask for near the tennis courts and high floor. A lot of folks don't prefer this area as it stretches you further away from the main area, but we like it because its basically same distance via paths to HS and Epcot. Also this gets you further away from the street noise below that may be associated with vehicles pulling in and out of main drive.
But as others have pointed out, a 1st floor with strollers may be best. Here is a room # guide. You can eliminate all the things you don't want and leave what you do want in the room and go from there. This may help narrow down your choices. About 2 weeks from your trip, put in a request for specific room # with DVC and they will do their best to meet the request. It has worked for us our one and only time. The DVC CM told us about 2 weeks before your arrival time is when they start assigning rooms. Good luck and Pixie Dust!

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/boardwalk-villas/roomfinder-96847/.../12/

And we've had a single request met in fifteen years of ownership - and that was when we asked for two rooms close together and had "cancer recovery" on the reservation. Unless 3rd floor is both "high floor" (for the view) and "low floor" (for easy access with kids to the pool and parks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter