• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk view villas being pulled out of inventory

Just a quick word on this. I really love BWV. I've stayed there more times than I can count. However, if you can't go for Boardwalk View, just do a standard and ask that you be as far from the airline luggage kiosk as possible. The pool and garden views are getting awful due to the mature trees that no one seems to want to address. We booked a pool/garden and had a HUGE tree as our "view". Some may call it "garden" but I'm afraid I think that to be overkill. I spoke to squirrels close and intimate each morning. We were offered another room which also had another HUGE tree as our "view". And as we walked around the resort, we could see how pervasive the problem is. Even the cast members at reception say this is a problem that is just not being addressed by management. People paying extra points for a view they do not get and then the complaints follow. So .... until that issue is resolved, my suggestion is Standard or Boardwalk View. And since it appears the Boardwalk View is being renovated (yet again!), go for standard and save $$ and/or points.

I would have to agree with the Boardwalk View or move me to a Standard and give me the points back. They might be the same points for Boardwalk and Pool/Garden, but they aren't the same value for me. We love being directly on the Boardwalk, could care less about being directly on a tree or the pool. So if I have to be moved and trust me it would be dragging a kicking and screaming wife we will need to work out a different deal than just a move to a pool/garden view as apples to apples.

Didn't notice anything when we were there last week in a standard. The rooms look occupied from the lake. In March we had issues with hot water in our BW view room, which is to say no hot water in the shower after a long day in the parks. Maintenance said it was on ongoing issue and had it fixed by 11pm. :(

We have a Pool / Garden view studio booked for 4 nights in Sept. for F&W - we got an email yesterday saying to expect construction during our stay:

"Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we embarked on some refurbishment projects across the Resort that will be taking place during your visit. Throughout this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our merchandise, recreation and dining locations, featuring our signature restaurant, Flying Fish.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer."

We have a Pool / Garden view studio booked for 4 nights in Sept. for F&W - we got an email yesterday saying to expect construction during our stay:"

This is interesting to me, because I have a Boardwalk View 2BR villa reserved for mid-July and have not received any correspondence regarding construction. I had hoped whatever they were doing would have wrapped up by then, but it sounds like that is not the case and somehow we just didn't get the email. We'll see what we get when we get there!

This is interesting to me, because I have a Boardwalk View 2BR villa reserved for mid-July and have not received any correspondence regarding construction. I had hoped whatever they were doing would have wrapped up by then, but it sounds like that is not the case and somehow we just didn't get the email. We'll see what we get when we get there!
Since many of the renovations are being done in sections you've most likely been determined to be unaffected. I have a Boardwalk view for the end of August first of September with no notice as well. In May when I was there, many of the Boardwalk view rooms were under renovation.

Last edited:
Reactions: KSL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter