• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villas, Boulder Ridge Villas, or Polynesian Villas - Studio

Best resort/pool for a short trip with tweens?

• Boardwalk

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Boulder Ridge

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

DisneyMom_3

Mouseketeer
We’ve had multiple trips cancelled at this point and I didn’t reschedule the last (in hopes it would actually happen) before they stopped accepting new reservations so I missed out on all of the “deals” that were offered. We usually stay moderate and have no complaints, but the only one available now that fits our family is a cabin and I don’t really want to be so far away from everything in the summer and have to walk everywhere especially if a mask is needed.
We will be there for 4 days but only have park tickets for 2 days (had planned to spend some time at the water parks). We will do Magic Kingdom one day and maybe Animal Kingdom or Epcot the other day or Magic Kingdom both days.
I could add more days but not sure how we will handle masks and the heat. We did a short trip at POR last summer and spent one day at MK, one at AK, and one at Typhoon Lagoon and arrival and departure day at Disney Springs. It was a perfect short trip when we just needed a Disney fix.
Now for my question, where would you stay? I’m thinking more for pool and waterslide (in case masks are too unbearable - we can just spend most of our time at the pool) and resort activities. I have kids between the ages of 8-12.
When we stayed at Yacht Club, my kids absolutely loved it, but don’t want Beach Club Villas since the pool is closed.
Poly is obviously more expensive (we’ve never stayed there but I’ve always wanted to, but that is also for the fireworks in the evenings). We could stay at BW or BR and buy an extra park day for the price difference but with the current situation, I’m not sure my kids are going to want to add a day or just hang out in the pool for an extra day without masks. We loved the boardwalk area when we stayed at Yacht, but if we don’t even go to Epcot or HS not sure it will be the same and my kids will be looking at Stormalong Bay longing to swim there again. I just can’t decide! I don’t want to pay more for Poly and then wish we would’ve done the extra day. I just don’t know! Please help!

I say split the difference and do BRV. It keeps you close to the park you know you want to go to and gives you the flexibility in case you want to purchase an extra park day.

For your particular visit I think Boulder Ridge works best. 10 minutes from MK and a great pool. Nice food options including our favorite quick service, Geyser Point.

I'd say boulder ridge and get the extra part day lol. It came down to BR or Poly for me. BR for better theming and price.

all 3 resorts have pools with slide but if you're looking for pool / proximity to either MK or AK and AKV is not an option, then BRV would be your best bet. Close to MK, great dining options (esp. WCC for kids), good size pool.

If poly is a dream stay, save it until the water pageant and fireworks are back so you get your money’s worth. BWV is a personal fave, but it sounds like some things are not open yet and it may not be what you want. Never stayed there but WL looks fantastic and fun to me, maybe a good option to still be close to MK and sounds like good food options too. Plus save some money for another experience/meal/park day if you want

You say you only fit in a cabin (sleeps 6), but are looking at studios that sleep 5. How many in your party? Ages?

You say you only fit in a cabin (sleeps 6), but are looking at studios that sleep 5. How many in your party? Ages?
I meant the only moderate available that will fit our family of 5 right now is a cabin as CBR and POR will not be open.

I meant the only moderate available that will fit our family of 5 right now is a cabin as CBR and POR will not be open.

CBR opens 7/29. I voted for Polynesian, they have the largest studios and easy transportation to MK and Epcot.

Since you would do MK for 2 days I would do BR at that point. I wouldn't do Poly if you lose the extra day in the parks (I mean you can always stop by Poly if you want).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter