Boardwalk Villas Garden or Pool View

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
Hello! I just made the switch to do a BLT/BWV split in July. I now have a 2-bedroom lock-off Garden or Pool View reserved and I'm wondering if there is something I should request as far as views go? I've been checking the TP Room Finder, but they don't seem to have recommended rooms. I think our priority would be upper floor and close to the elevators since I've heard some not great things about the looonnnnggggg hallways and I think we'd like to try to avoid that.

Any recommendations? Or any other tips about BWV since this is our first stay there?

Thanks!

Best request to make is high floor. Other location requests depend on personal desires. There can be a rather long walk to the end rooms overlooking the quiet pool, but those are near a stairway that you can exit from to give a shorter walk to studios than others. Moreover, if you have ever stayed at AKV Kidani and gotten a room near the end of the north wing, you will understand that a "long" walk from lobby to your room is just a matter of opinion since that AKV walk is 3 to 4 times longer than the one at BWV. A near elevator request, if you get it, is fine to reduce some of the walking to amenities, as it puts you in a Luna Park/pool area with easy access to stores/lobby and boat to studios and EPCOT. However, it is also a request made by many and thus one less likely to get than others.

We always liked pool view, (main pool). We always requested 4th or 5th floor. We tended to try to stay on the side opposite of the clown slide. One issue, if you are planning to be in room in afternoon (nap etc.) it can be a bit loud especially with the ridiculous music/pool games/ party. We primarily are in studios now with kids grown. I probably would go with ver quiet pool now. Of course when the kids, were old enough to go down to pool by themselves, it was nice to be able to see them from room. Trees have grown so not sure how much of the view to look at pool is now hidden.

once additional thing about the ”long hallways”. Personally I dont understand the issue unless you have mobility issues. We would spend all day walking, maybe walking back from EPCOT or walking the boardwalk or playing mini golf etc, When you are walking 15000 to 25000 steps what’s a few hundred more? Of course carrying a dead asleep child at the end of a night is another story

A near elevator request, if you get it, is fine to reduce some of the walking to amenities, as it puts you in a Luna Park/pool area with easy access to stores/lobby and boat to studios and EPCOT. However, it is also a request made by many and thus one less likely to get than others.

Ah, good to know. Thanks!

once additional thing about the ”long hallways”. Personally I dont understand the issue unless you have mobility issues. We would spend all day walking, maybe walking back from EPCOT or walking the boardwalk or playing mini golf etc, When you are walking 15000 to 25000 steps what’s a few hundred more? Of course carrying a dead asleep child at the end of a night is another story

I've never actually seen these long hallways, but they seem to be a thing of legend around here. We have no mobility issues. I guess just after walking so much around the parks, I'd prefer not to have to walk a mile to the lobby.

Thanks!

I don't think the hallway walk is long at all- we had the 2nd to last room last time and it made for an extremely easy walk to the Hollywood Studios. I would suggest a view of the quiet pool.

On one pool/garden studio stay, we were close to the elevators on a high floor overlooking Luna Park. I HATED the constant noise from the pool in the afternoons. The loudspeakers and the pool games (organized by the resort) were totally annoying and very loud. No way could we get in an afternoon nap. Would have much preferred away from the elevators overlooking the leisure pool. Was so glad when we were able to move to our standard view 1 bedroom overlooking the bus stop. YMMV. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter