Boardwalk Villas laundry facilities?

Jerseygirl63

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are staying at the BWV this August. In a less than two hours I can say "this month"!!!!!! We have rented a studio and wondering where the laundry facilites are located :laundy: I know this sounds crazy, who wants to do laundry on vacation let alone Disney, but I know we will be changing outfits at least twice if not three times a day from all the sweating :crazy: I would like to pack somewhat light :rotfl2: so I think we will need to do a few loads. Thanks :sunny:

On the first floor just past the elevators. There aren't that many, so you may have to go at a time when it's not so busy.

Nope, none by the pools. The ones in the building are kind of close to the pool, just inside the resort, like BCV and VWL.

They're fairly close to the Luna Park Pool on the first floor just around from the elevators. I usually take a load down as we're headed to the pool, set my watch, change them out and about the time we're finished the laundry's done! Remember not to put coins in the slots, just push them in.

with DW and I when we stay 8 nts I always do laundry at BWV on Sunday or Mon morning at about 6am. Put it in ,go get coffee ,sit by pool, or watch tv in the laundry room while DW is sleeping.

this way we always use carry-on, less to pack.

hi slp87,

am wondering what you mean about how to operate the machines? does that mean you don't have to pay to use the washing machines? we're going next month and staying in a studio as well. just wondering . . .

I too was wonderig about the cost of doing laundry. I think we are going to stay in a studio when we go home for the first time next year (oh I can't wait :Pinkbounc ) and it's never to early to gather the info!

Jamie Curci said:
hi slp87,

am wondering what you mean about how to operate the machines? does that mean you don't have to pay to use the washing machines? we're going next month and staying in a studio as well. just wondering . . .

No charge for the machines. Yes, they look like they take coins, and they will take them if you put them in (DH did).

Bobbi

At BCV the laundry is on the 4th floor. I usually end up doing it late at night, since it's not close to the pool.

bobbiwoz said:
No charge for the machines. Yes, they look like they take coins, and they will take them if you put them in (DH did).

Bobbi
Thanks for the info! DH is not gonna believe that ... we had a discussion on this very topic. Do you know if there is no charge at any of the DVC resorts, or does it vary. I would guess that there is no charge at any of them, but I just gotta check :)

no charge at any of the DVC resort to do the laundry machine.

that is one problem that DVC did not count on - some people even with signs will put money in the machine.

at OKW and SSR they are near the pools.

VWL & BWV is the first floor.

BCV is the fourth floor.

Are the DVC laundry machines still free? I know this post is quite old.
The machines are free, but the laundry detergent is not. We bring laundry pods (even in a 1 bdrm because we like certain brands). Whwn it's working, the laundryview app is wonderful, btw - it tells you which machines are available & which are running so you can know when to go to the laundry room to put clothes in, & when to go take them out.

Wow, that is pretty amazing! Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll have to download the app.
We picked up a small bottle of detergent to take.

Long story short, we live near Disney and we have a slab leak and without water until the plumber comes to fix it and it's getting to be pretty unbearable, so it would be nice to do a little laundry and take some hot showers. Never did laundry at Disney before, so I had no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter