• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Villas

martin33

Mouseketeer
This is a question on BWV Garden/pool view rooms
I booked this room category as we have two kids 4 and under, one of whom will likely need an afternoon nap, and both of whom will be in bed by 9pm (at the latest). We figured boardwalk view may be asking for noise so avoided it.
Does anyone know from experience if garden/pool view is a good choice for minimizing outside noise? I had heard that the rooms overlooking the main pool (Luna?) can get noisy (music) but not sure how accurate this is.
Thanks in advance
BTW kids seem to sleep through the 9pm EPCOT fireworks (Beach club villas past 2 years) so that won't be an issue

Ask for a high level room. Other than that you will be fine.

For our three young kids, being at WDW is so exhausting that they never have a problem sleeping. Things don't wake you up like they would at home, when you are walking 5-10 miles per day and doing everything WDW has to offer.

And the soundproofing of the BWV rooms is pretty good.

We were just there with a standard view and we were directly across from the bus stop/road on the ground floor and never heard any car noise. Soundproofing there is great.

We have stayed at BWV many times, in all three booking categories and have only had a noise issue once. One year, we booked a garden/pool view 1 bedroom and got a first floor villa right behind the clown slide.

Our villa was right beside the cart path along the lagoon. Every morning, very early, maintenance rolled metal carts on the cart path. It woke us up every single day. The noise was so loud that even our white noise machine could not disguise it.

I think this noise would not have been an issue if we had a higher villa. We request higher floor villas now :)

I stayed in a pool/garden studio last November, it was on the 5th floor above the main pool. They had pool parties in the afternoon that were very loud, the cm was on a loud speaker. If they take afternoon naps, you may want to request quiet pool view.

Thanks everyone- sounds like it will be fine- I will try to avoid the main pool overlook (at least on a low floor) given the potential for loud afternoons, but there have been a lot of encouraging comments- we are looking forward to our first stay there, and our first stay at WDW as DVC owners

So the only chances of getting a 2 room villa BW view is slim close to the elevator? Does it ever go by when you make that reservation?

So the only chances of getting a 2 room villa BW view is slim close to the elevator? Does it ever go by when you make that reservation?
No. A boardwalk view is now a booking category and location is by request only.

There is only one elevator. The Village Green rooms are probably the closest to the elevator. I think they are mostly studios, but you can see the Boardwalk from some of them.

Boardwalk View 2 bedrooms are going to be a little walk. Did you book the Boardwalk View? If you didn't book it, you won't get it.

I don't think there is much if any consideration for early booking at BW as everybody books early at Boardwalk cause the rooms go fast!

Most of the boardwalk views that are not grand villas are far from the elevators. There are a handful above the store but most are over Big River or in Crest O The Wave. It does not go by when you make the reservation. Case in point - I was there last month with a reservation I made at 11 months, requested close to elevator, top floor. Was 3 rooms from the end of the hall and 3rd floor (out of 5).

BWV is our home resort the only room category that was noisy was the boardwalk view. We were near the dance hall and you could hear the music from the boardwalk and the dance halls. I would not recommend boardwalk view if you want it to be quiet.

BWV is our home resort the only room category that was noisy was the boardwalk view. We were near the dance hall and you could hear the music from the boardwalk and the dance halls. I would not recommend boardwalk view if you want it to be quiet.
We just came back from 6 nights in studio 1005 which is on the first floor next to the Welcome Center and 3 doors from Jelly Rolls. Jelly Rolls and the Dance Hall were not half as bad as the "DING!"s from the carnival games when we were closer to the elevators.

We were there in August with my five month old, three year old and five year old and had no issue with noise in our pool view studio. I can't remember our room number, but we were a few floors up, which was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter