Boardwalk vs Bonnet Creek

graciepooh

Mouseketeer
Hello,
If you had to decide between a BW studio for 4 people (2 different families, 2 moms and (2) 16 yo girls) or a 3br at Bonnet Creek for a 4/5 night stay in March, which would you go for and why? The location of BW is wonderful, but I worry we might want more space if we all get tired of that much togetherness. However, I am unsure if Bonnet Creek has any magical extras.. Thanks for any help!!

This is a tough one because I've stayed at both and love both. We have recently stayed at BW with our family of 4 (two teens) and found it to have enough room; however, you are 2 different families so that complicates things a bit - with us, my daughter sleeps on the sofabed and my son (even though he's over 6 ft tall) sleeps on the pull down murphy bed. Even if you utilize the extra bed 2 ppl would have to double up so you need to talk in advance who is going to sleep where. I love all the space that Bonnet Creek provides and we love the pool complex there as well. We never stay there without our car though so I'm not sure if you will have a car or not but that would be a factor for me. Also, starting in October, there will be EMH for onsite guests only so that's a perk to staying at BW. You can't beat the location and being able to walk to Epcot/HWS or take the boat. I think for me it would come down to wanting/needing the extra space. If you won't spend much time in the room it's not a big deal but if you like to hang out at the resort or have a resort day planned and think you want the extra room you can't go wrong at Bonnet Creek. But if you don't have a car, then don't even consider staying at Bonnet Creek, just stick with BW.

For me, it would be bonnet creek for the sole reason that I need my privacy/space. We almost stayed BW in march but I didn't like pull down. I couldn't share that small a space with another family. I like my own bathroom and space.

Hello,
If you had to decide between a BW studio for 4 people (2 different families, 2 moms and (2) 16 yo girls) or a 3br at Bonnet Creek for a 4/5 night stay in March, which would you go for and why? The location of BW is wonderful, but I worry we might want more space if we all get tired of that much togetherness. However, I am unsure if Bonnet Creek has any magical extras.. Thanks for any help!!
Four adult women. One bathroom. Heck NO to the studio. The 3BR sounds like a much less stressful stay.

Hello,
If you have your own car, then Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC) definitely has its advantages.

We have stayed at both BWV and WBC may times. WBC has become our first choice when we stay offsite. WBC has an extensive pool complex, and you can walk between pools. WBC rooms are larger than Disney rooms, and their living rooms are much larger than DVC's living rooms.

With there being 4 of you, I think a lot will depend on how much time you plan to spend at the hotel.

For us, we usually reach our limit cramming into one room after about 2 nights. We can tolerate it for a night or two, but by the third night, we really want more space.

we have a timeshare at WBC so we usually stay at the BWI Deluxe CL in spring and then at WBC in late fall or early winter; BWI definitely tops but one can't compare size of rooms to those at WBC, they are huge; unless of course you get upgraded to the steeplechase suite at the BWI which happened once - amazing;

WBC hands down unless you can get two rooms at BWV. The space at WBC is a double plus for me.

Just did a girls trip in April. Second stay at WBC in a 2 bedroom condo. Having two bathrooms is great. And with the savings if you don't want to drive you can uber to the parks. We've done this several times from WBC.

Tough choice as Bonnet Creek is wonderful. The balconies are huge and an extra bathroom is a bonus!! With four daughters its more than a bonus, it a MUST for us!!!! We never had a problem staying offsite at Bonnet Creek but this year we've decided staying onsite is a must. To many changes and planning our trip seems so complicated this year that I'm trying to make lodging easy. I would look into 2 moderate rooms for the space and extra bathrooms or a family suite. A studio for more than one family would be a hard sell for me. Have a great trip.

Hello,

Hands down Bonnet Creek! We are a family that has no issue sharing rooms, smaller spaces, etc. But a BW Studio is more a couple in the bed and maybe a couple of kids on the foldouts. Smaller kids. TWO different families with 16 year old girls .... nope.

Bonnet Creek is the best you'll get to on property that isn't. The units are so nice, so spacious with real beds for everyone. REAL BEDS. Multiple bathrooms and laundry if you want to wash up clothes or pack less. The resort is beautiful to walk around, sit in the many hot tubs, live music at times by bars and you are going to Disney. Enjoy the parks more resort less, go enjoy Disney Springs it's so nice now. Stop in to other Disney resorts for appetizers and drinks, create your own Highway Around the Sky tour with the girls, hit some of the rooftop restaurants. The money saved could help pay for some extras.

But if you must stay at BW, I wouldn't do it without two studios.

We have stayed at the BC with teens before and found that boardwalk location is great for them to have some freedom to come and go as they please. That said, it sounds like your group might be a bit too crowded for studio with only 1 bathroom.

Our good friends are owners at WBC and they absolutely love that resort. They love Disney but they now find all Disney resorts, even the deluxe resorts, to be a major let down after staying at WBC.

We have stayed at every level of resort at WDW and have come to realize we just love Pop Century and recommend it to everyone. With a group your size you could get two rooms, have two bathrooms and probably still save some money and be steps away from the skyliner.

Honestly you cant' go wrong with your choices I don't think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter