Boat house or paddle fish?

kmn952

Mouseketeer
Hi! I would love opinions on the boat house versus paddlefish. Three adults and a two-year-old. On the deluxe dining plan. Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Another vote for Boathouse. Our one experience with Paddlefish was not a good one. Terrible service and unimpressed with the food.

We really like both restaurants, but have to give the nod to Boathouse. The steak is better at Boathouse and the seafood is on par with Paddlefish. Also when you walk out of Boathouse you won't smell like Old Bay seasoning.

We have only tried the Boathouse, but I don't like seafood, so won't go to Paddlefish I guess.
The food was fantastic, the service excellent, and we liked the ambience.
We are scheduled to go there again on our next trip in 2months! It is our "go to" restaurant now.

Boathouse- it's consistently good. Our most recent Paddlefish experience was so bad, the manager gave us a gift card to return to make things right. We did return to Paddlefish, but just for pre-drinks at the rooftop lounge (which I recommend for the drinks and atmosphere) before heading to Boathouse for dinner.

Maybe a contrarian, but have eaten at both multiple times. Boathouse definitely better for cocktails, but food/service in our experience is very uneven (wrong dishes, hot food served cold, long waits for entrees. all not served at the same time). The food and service at Paddlefish has been much more consistent (and good) for us, though we prefer lunch to dinner there.

We were just there in November for Food and Wine after reading several rave reviews here on the board we decided to give Boathouse a try. It was the most disappointing meal that we had during this trip. Like another post, we found not only the food to be uninspiring but the service was as well, Our server just did not seem to care and was going through the motion like we were a captive audience(which we were). We have not eaten at Paddlefish so we are of no help there, but we did have a good meal at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk.
I know this post will draw the ire of others on this board but it was our experience on the night we ate there.

My 2 cents

We ate at Boathouse over Labor Day weekend. I had the mac and cheese with shrimp and andouille sausage - it was great - but not sure I would call it a seafood dish. My husband: fire cracker shrimp - which he liked. The server seemed fine. She didn't know anything about wine so when I asked her opinion between 2 wines she said she was going to ask the bartender. We all thought she was very busy. The wait staff didn't seem to have 'zones' they were all over the place. The place was packed but she had no problem with the service.

Hi! I would love opinions on the boat house versus paddlefish. Three adults and a two-year-old. On the deluxe dining plan. Thanks so much for your thoughts!
Boathouse is a mainstay for my family. The view is great and the food we have found excellent. Truly you could eat somewhere in DS every meal and not be disappointed.

We have greatly enjoyed both. The food and services was excellent at both, but boathouse has a slight edge as I like their menu a little more. You can’t go wrong with either one.

Never been to Paddlefish but I have no plans to go back to Boathouse. Loud, chaotic, crowded, ok food, disappearing servers (like our server literally left work after bringing out our apps, and we had to wave down the shouty, oblivious server waiting on the table jammed up against ours to see if he could ask a manager to find out what was up eventually). Shocked to find out later that Boathouse is a 2 credit meal on the DDP because a less signature meal is hard to imagine (we paid cash fwiw).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter