• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boathouse must read!!!!

NuttyDisneyDad

Disney veteran
If you cant get a reservation on my Disney experience for Boathouse please dont get discouraged!!! I couldnt either so I called Boathouse directly 5 mins ago and had zero problem getting a table

I dont still have the phone number, but if you call Disney Dining and tell them you are not able to book online they will give you the direct number. That is what I did.

I called the Boathouse directly yesterday to see how far ahead they were taking reservations, as we are going to be at WDW Dec.19-27th and I am getting into ADR mode. I was told 180 days, but then was asked what date(s) I was looking for. Told them any day Dec. 20-23rd around 7pm. Got a RSVP for Dec 20th at 7pm for 4 on the spot. I used the 407-939-2628 number.

Hope that helps!

If you cant get a reservation on my Disney experience for Boathouse please dont get discouraged!!! I couldnt either so I called Boathouse directly 5 mins ago and had zero problem getting a table

This. Exactly! We just did this yesterday. I also appreciate that when you do this, they send an email confirmation, so in lieu of it showing in your MDE, at least you have something to show you're confirmed. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure this will benefit many people! :flower:

All: This experience is VERY common at WDW...

Let me explain - there are two classes of restaurants at WDW. DISNEY OWNED and NON DISNEY OWNED.

DISNEY OWNED - you make not book a reservation in any other fashion than going thru the semi-broken MDE site. The singular emerging exception is Victoria & Albert's.

NON DISNEY OWNED - pretty much the following:

1) Virtually anything at DTD
2) Anything at swan and dolphin.
3) You THOUGHT the restaurants at EPCOT could be done this way - Nope.

Let's go into 1) and 2) in some detail... DTD - that would be STK (when it shows up), Fulton's, Portabello, TREX, Boathouse, Morimotto's, RainForest - and as others appear? WDW does not own them.

Swan and Dolphin: Shula's, BlueZoo, IlMulano.

You may contact any of the restaurants in category 1) and 2) directly. And book them. They would, in fact, LOVE to have you call them. You do not have to keep struggling with MDE.

In addition, any restaurant at Golden Oaks my be contacted DIRECTLY, and booked.

First day to make reservations couldn't do it via website. After me "prodding and asking many questions' of the Dining CM, the CM spoke with her Supervisor who suggested that I call Boathouse directly. Got my reservation that way.:thumbsup2

It's better to book directly to avoid the no show fee. If you are using DDP, it is still okay to book direct. The ADR has nothing to do with DDP, just let the service knows that you will be using the DDP credit.

We used Open Table as well for a dinner ressie in August. Saved us from a long distance phone call. You also receive an email confirmation.

I tried open table for December first and it said no tables. I called The Boathouse directly and got my table for 2 for lunch !

Thanks to everyone! I used Open Table to get a reservation for November. Disney Dining didn't have anything available and my husband wanted to eat here.

thanks for the information. Has anyone here used the dining plan here? Gosford it work? Do you pick a Maine course and a side?

Some entrees come with predetermined sides. If you want one of the sides listed separately on the menu - intended to feed more than one person - you will have to pay OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter