Boathouse

Went a couple of years ago now, for me it was one of my favourite restaurants on property.
I think I got the lobster stuffed with crab and it was brilliant.

Some days I love sea-food, some days I just can't stomach it.
I feel I could eat there any day though as it seemed all very fresh yet not overly "sea-foody", I don't know how to explain it.

Big thumbs up from me, I would recommend it to all my family who love that sort of restaurant more than me.

I had their specialty burger and it was delicious. My husband also enjoyed his meal but we both agreed that my burger was the better choice.

Probably depends on what you choose but for us this was one of the poorest meals we’ve had on property, especially the completely flavourless lobster roll. We won’t be back.

I love it ... probably in my top 3 restaurants on site. I'm not a seafood fan, but their steaks and sandwiches are excellent. You can get anything from a high end steak to reasonably priced burger/sandwich. I actually prefer the lower cost items on the menu. My favorites are probably the Sandwich King Burger, French Dip, Filet Mignon Sliders.

If you sit outside on the veranda (there are about 4 tables there), the view is lovely.

My wife and I enjoyed our meals. I had the smoked chicken bbq, and my wife had the crab stuffed lobster.

We've eaten there 3 times with a variety of people.

First time it was 2 adults and 2 children. The adults had the Porterhouse steak for two as an entree. Cooked to order w/ nice exterior char. For appetizers, the table shared a salad (don't recall what kind) but it was not watery, all fresh veggies and good; an order of fried calamari which were tender, not greasy, and lightly breaded, the entire table loved them but I would suggest asking for the spicy sauce to be placed on the side. The sauce tasted of cornstarch and the calamari would have tasted just as good w/ some lemon wedges. The last appetizer was steamed clams and they were sucked back nicely.
The children ordered the fish tacos and the kid's menu version of salmon. One kiddo asked that the avocado not be included on the tacos but it came anyway. We could have asked for it to be returned but I "forced" myself to eat the gator pear;). Once the avocado was removed all children happily ate their main course.
The kids had a bowl of ice cream for dessert and the man had a root beer float. I had none.

Second dinner, there were three of us, 2 adults and a 12 y/older. the man and I shared the Porterhouse again as well as a mixture of oysters from the raw bar. All obviously fresh with a few sauces. The man stayed with the freshly grated horseradish (neither of us are fans of the bottled stuff) and red sauce since he didn't like the cucumber mignonette; I thought the mignonette was an innovative twist on the traditional style. The tween ordered a shrimp cocktail and fried fish with fries.
We all shared a salad....think it was the field greens this time. Ice cream bowls for the other two again and none for me.

Last meal it was 4 adults and 3-4 children. Four or five of the party had hamburgers, the man and I shared another Porterhouse and our traveling tween went her own way with a variety of appetizers: calamari, shrimp cocktail, and a chopped salad. The man and I opted to split a dozen house oysters which was a mistake as they were too briny though meaty. Next time we'll go back to name sourced oysters predominately from the East Coast. The man and I also shared a wedge of iceberg salad minus the bacon. I don't recall what else the burger people had. We ordered several desserts: sorbet, ice cream floats, cheesecake and some sort of chocolate cake. I only had some of the sorbet.

Overall the service was amiable and acceptable. A few missteps but nothing to make me cross the eatery off my list. The surroundings are beautiful and I guess we sat in an area without noise issues (either on the patio or just outside of it) since we were not bothered by the sounds of other parties.

This summer we've decided to eat at Yachtsman to expand our horizons w/ no shade cast on Boathouse in making the decision. We'll be back there again.

Last edited:
We enjoyed our meal last year. I got the Coconut Shrimp & DH got the Sausage & Shrimp Mac n Cheese.We shared the lobster bisque which was very good.
We were seated off the bar area so it was loud & the tables are close together .
We would go back . Here are a few pictures .
20171116_181828.jpg 20171116_181841.jpg 20171116_180850.jpg

We have dined there in 2016 and 2017 and thoroughly enjoyed our meals both times. My steaks have been cooked perfectly and my wife has enjoyed her seafood dishes. Our kids enjoyed their kids menus meals as well. Very good and attentive service each time despite how busy the place was.

Was it busy and loud? I guess? It's WDW, so there are people and noise everywhere so I can't say it stood out to us.

In 2017 we got to sit in the boat in the front of the restaurant which is pretty awesome, especially for the kids (OK and for me too).

We enjoyed it. A little pricey for what you get...but it was good. That was 2 years ago. Have not been back since, too many other new places to see before we go back to here.

We went a few months ago. Party of 6 and everyone ate different foods. We all said we will be back. Very good and loved the atmosphere. Our waiter was very funny and attentive.

One of my favorite spots in the World. Now, we typically sit out on the dockside bar over the water either at the bar or at a two-top. Not sure if that impacts the experience - it is lovely out there and fun to watch the amphicars. I've tried several things on the menu and haven't had a bad thing yet. Service has always been great.

Just ate there about a hour ago. The baked crab stuffed lobster was delicious. Bill had the lobster cocktail (also delicious) followed by a filet and baked potato. He followed up with the blueberry cheesecake (the slice was huge). It all was delicious, but the room got noisy (some parents haven't learned to use an inside voice when correcting their children in a dining facility).

My fave restaurant in WDW but I’m far from having tried them all. They use Gibson beef which if you know about steak is excellent. After learning that I tried the filet sliders with the maitre d butter (tender, flavorful) and their fries with the lemon aioli. Also had the lump crab stuffed avocado (excellent flavor, quality crab). Oysters and clam strips were also fresh.

They don’t have any draft beers, only bottles, which I thought was odd. Service was A+. You won’t know until your try it but I do recommend!

We ate there in February and enjoyed it. The lobster bisque was great as was my husbands lobster roll. I had the clams and they were enjoyable. Kids meals were also good. We are planning on going back on our next trip.

LOVE!!!

In Feb I did lunch there and had the Wedge Salad, the special burger (I forget the name) on a gluten-free bun, and their special not-on-menu gluten free dessert! Soooooooo good!!

It was so good I went back another day for dinner and did the Wedge Salad with a chicken breast and that awesome dessert.

Already have it booked for brunch with a friend before MNSSHP in September!!

There is plenty on the menu that non-seafood people can eat and enjoy.

Our food was very good there last Sunday (5/6) BUT it is very loud inside, was too long of a wait to dine outside, they were out of two meals we wanted to order and it is pricey. At first we were not happy to be taken on a long hike to the last indoor room (Trophy room) but ultimately it was our salvation as it was less chaotic and loud in there. I would not return and have a little remaining twinge that I bypasses Morimoto and Homecoming :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter