Boatwright Dining Hall

KatMark

DIS Veteran
My husband and I always like to try a new restaurant every year we come to Disney. Unfortunately, we could not get anything at Whispering Canyon so he suggested we try Boatwright Dining Hall at Port Oreleans Riverside. We have a reservation there our last night before we fly home. Has anyone eaten there? Does any one have any thoughts on food, etc.?

My husband and I always like to try a new restaurant every year we come to Disney. Unfortunately, we could not get anything at Whispering Canyon so he suggested we try Boatwright Dining Hall at Port Oreleans Riverside. We have a reservation there our last night before we fly home. Has anyone eaten there? Does any one have any thoughts on food, etc.?

Hi, we ate there last year and absolutely loved it. The steak was great and the pot roast was unbelievable. We went back this year expecting to get the pot roast and steak again, but were we in for a shock. They completely changed the menu to a "South American" style. I really didn't like it that much. The steak was still pretty good and is served on a pile of mashed potatoes with cheese mixed in...kinda like a potato pancake. We most likely will not be going back there again. It was a big disappointment from what we experienced last year. I'm not sure how it may be when you go because we were there right at the beginning of the new menu and they were being very strict about what you can and cannot get with certain things (there were absolutely no substitutions). We went back on August 6th. Good luck with wherever you choose!!

Hi, we ate there last year and absolutely loved it. The steak was great and the pot roast was unbelievable. We went back this year expecting to get the pot roast and steak again, but were we in for a shock. They completely changed the menu to a "South American" style. I really didn't like it that much. The steak was still pretty good and is served on a pile of mashed potatoes with cheese mixed in...kinda like a potato pancake. We most likely will not be going back there again. It was a big disappointment from what we experienced last year. I'm not sure how it may be when you go because we were there right at the beginning of the new menu and they were being very strict about what you can and cannot get with certain things (there were absolutely no substitutions). We went back on August 6th. Good luck with wherever you choose!!

Does anyone have a new menu for them??? Boy, I'm getting more and more surprises while trying to plan our ADR's for Oct.

I've never eaten there for dinner, but they have a great breakfast if you guys are breakfast people! The sweet potato pancakes and omelettes (sp?) are delicious!

On the info side of this site there are menus listed. And the most current date for Boatwrights menu being updated was 5/2007.

We have eaten at Boatwrights several times and have really enjoyed the food and the service. In fact we have gotten the same female server each time!!! :laughing: AND she remembered us too!! :rotfl:

Love the roasted chicken, Boatwright potatoes and the corn bread too!!! And our kids love the food too!! :thumbsup2

I know you said dinner, but I think they have the best breakfast of all Disney resorts. Like one of the other posters said earlier, the potroast for dinner is very good.

I agree with the pp. We were a bit disappointed when we went this year. We went a few years ago for dinner and loved it. We also enjoyed the ambiance. This year the portions seemed smaller and weren't as tasty. I didn't care much for the potatoes with the pot roast. The cornbread was really good though. Maybe it was just an off night. If you have never been there, I say give it a try. You might love it.

Thanks to all who responded. You are great. We do the Crystal Palace every year for breakfast because we just love the French Toast and because Tigger and Eeyore and Pooh are our favorite characters (well, Dumbo is actually my husband's...but Dumbo is no where to be found!). So I think we'll try it for dinner. If we don't like it, we just won't go back. We do like to try some place new every year.

Just an FYI, the corn bread is good, but it actually has corn nibblets in it. I like corn and corn bread, but not so much the combo of both. Just an extra FYI.

You can also find menu's on Deb Will's website - it is allearsnet.com She has current menus for restaurants and food kiosks from all over the World. She posts the date that the menu was last updated & there are also restaurant reviews for lots of places, too. It is a WONDERFUL site - I always do my research there before I make my ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter