Bob Iger Steps Down as CEO, Chapek to Succeed Iger as CEO

All Parks and Cruises could also be impacted. Tourism from Asia will be impacted World wide. Manufacturing of merchandise will be impacted. If virus gets a foot hold in the US, economic impact on all businesses could bring economy to its knees.
Disney has said that Asia makes up a very small percentage of their domestic park visitation.

The WDW show for this week already aired. And Pete is on a cruise. And apparently there's no show next week too. Worst timing for this. :(
Ohhhhh, well boo!!!! I knew Pete was going on a cruise soon but wasn't sure when. No show next Tuesday either??? Ahhhhh

Yes that is true but really that would be all major US entertainment companies experiencing that so not exclusive to Disney.

Yes, but Disney has been the biggest-by-far theatrical studio by revenue the last few years...and they tend to run the "blockbuster" strategy for budgets and returns, so they'd get the most slammed on theater issues (still soaked with huge budgets with no shot at turning a profit without theatrical returns from the region)...it has been strongly rumored that both Onward and Mulan have been pushed now to April and May, at the earliest, for any Asian release...and Disney hasn't done well to start the year with its old Fox releases...https://deadline.com/2020/02/sonic-the-hedgehog-release-date-china-coronavirus-1202867212/

I was just replying to your initial comment, where you said that a new CEO needs to come into the position with "a plan" to address Universal's competition or you'd view them negatively. I don't really consider tapping EVP's to do the work "a plan."

Are you saying the CEO and the EVP's shouldn't have a plan scripted to address Universal's competition? Wouldn't the CEO direct the EVP's to create this market analysis/plan?

And now those stupid people from Micechat and WDWMagic are upset about it. Pathetic!
Didn't you literally just make a post saying how mature you are? :rotfl:

Ah yes, here it is!

Look! I know you're all upset and confused for why Bob Chapek has to be chosen for the new CEO of Disney, but we must be open minded. I'm giving him a chance. And I want to hear what he wants to do with the company before passing judgement. That my friends, is called maturity.

What if this virus spreads through the U.S. and Disneyland and Walt Disney World have to closed down for months? I certainly hope that doesn't happen but what a disaster that would be for the company.

While I completely expect that we will get hit eventually, I don't think the closures will be of same magnitude. More just in the places that are having clusters of outbreaks. Advising people to work from home, cancelling sporting events, etc.
Also, the US is in a better position of less over-crowding, better sanitation and better access to healthcare than parts of China were.

Not looking forward to it, but when it does get here, most people will survive it just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter