Bob Iger

Minne2004

Earning My Ears
I am so excited you are back. I wish no one bad luck and a piece of me feels bad for Chapek but he brought this on himself disrespecting the dvc owners saying he does not need us now. He needs us when he stops making tons of money. I am 72 years old and worked all my life three jobs and saved my money to take my grown daughter and my grandson to Disney every year. I pinch myself every time I am there because my daughter would always ask to go when she
was young unfortunately I could not afford to take her. How dare Chapek take my magic and my make believe magic away from me and all the other people that worked hard to come to Disney without even trying to compromise and leaving something about the magic. You were CEO all the years I have been coming to Disney in Florida and I have never been happier with my children when you were in charge. i HAVE SUCH GOOD MEMORIES . I look forward to coming 2023 while you are in charge . Don"t get me wrong everything goes up everything but Disney needs to have a little magic left that really does not cost much. I know I sound like a baby but life isn't great for everyone so my Disney trips mean the world to me. I always ask God to let me get there and God answered my prayers 100 times over. So all I want to say is go do what you do best make that magic. THANK YOU FOR COMING BACK.

Same polices, same goals, same need for money. Just a different BOB.
Iger was involved with EVERTHING that changed in the past 3 years. MDE program has been in the works for over 10years.

Chapek was too honest and blunt. Iger is coming to smooth the message 'better' .
Iger and senior leaders are going to have the curse starting in March/spring of handling the recession of 2023.
Iger is the calming voice that Disney needs on the Titanic.

Iger was involved with EVERTHING that changed in the past 3 years. MDE program has been in the works for over 10years.

Chapek was too honest and blunt. Iger is coming to smooth the message 'better' .
Iger and senior leaders are going to have the curse starting in March/spring of handling the recession of 2023.
Agree.
I still believe Chapek, far from innocent in this, is the fall guy who implemented all the unpopular decisions the board wanted in place. He did his job well and walks out with a nice golden parachute.
It will be interesting to see how many of his policies are changed. If they are changed, then I may be wrong. If most of them stay in place, then he did the boards bidding.

I think some are forgetting where they were 2 years ago. Right after he took over, Florida was closed 4 months, California over a year. Even after reopening, attendance and hotel occupancy was at a fraction of what it was. You talk about unpopular decisions, they were trying to survive. Chapek’s problem is he was too blunt about it, he didn’t explain why the decisions were made in a manner that didn’t turn everyone off.

I don't agree, Iger's vision was totally different than Chapek's. There's been several articles since Chapek took over that called into question his leadership and reorganization choices. One of the first
email's out to from Iger is that there will be sweeping changes operating and organizationally, that doesn't sound like a guy that was happy with the changes that were made.

One of the first
email's out to from Iger is that there will be sweeping changes operating and organizationally, that doesn't sound like a guy that was happy with the changes that were made.

I mean that was the point of the switch. These are good changes, not those bad changes. Different jokes. Same script.

I have seen a lot of talk about Chapek being the fall guy. I don't 100% buy into that. Yes, there were unpopular decisions that began under Iger. However, not every idea ended as it was initially envisioned. Are we sure that Genie+ is exactly as Iger thought it would be when he announced it in 2019? Maybe, maybe not. However, under the theory many are using, Epcot (as is) would be Walt's park. The project was began by Walt, so the park must be his even though it was completed after his death. While I love Epcot, I know full well that it is nothing like Walt intended. Just something to think about.

Also, messaging matters. As someone in upper management myself, I know how a decision is presented makes a huge difference in staff reception and morale.

I remember posts here referring to him as Bob Ogre. I think they were by former CMs who had worked under him.

I mean that was the point of the switch. These are good changes, not those bad changes. Different jokes. Same script.
Most CEO's don't come in day one and start making wholesale changes. Iger hated everything Chapek was doing in the media division and is now in the process of unwinding all of it.

The most interesting part of this whole thing is how much influence Chapek had over D'amaro. Was D'amaro a Chapek minion or were some of these crappy changes his idea. Your never really going
to know because if anything gets rolled back or reinstituted Chapek will be the fall guy.

Most CEO's don't come in day one and start making wholesale changes. Iger hated everything Chapek was doing in the media division and is now in the process of unwinding all of it.

The most interesting part of this whole thing is how much influence Chapek had over D'amaro. Was D'amaro a Chapek minion or were some of these crappy changes his idea. Your never really going
to know because if anything gets rolled back or reinstituted Chapek will be the fall guy.
DH has read that Chapek is a micromanager, which implies to me that D’Amaro wouldn’t have the autonomy to implement or offer his own ideas but would be limited to what Chapek ordered him to do. Whether that was the case or not, I have no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter