Bob Sagat has died

Yeah. I was reading more about this and found out his family filed an injunction to block additional details about his death after the coroner mentioned he died due to head trauma.
Specifically, to block video evidence. So there's some kind of video/evidence and they're blocking the details.
Which I'm fine with, the family is asking for privacy and they should get it.
All I'm saying is "head trauma on several parts of his skull...." only has one explanation: a major fight.
This is too sad.
I too felt there was more to the story than we are being told. But then again it’s not really any of our business.

I read that it's possible he hit the front of his head/face on like a counter in the bathroom and the shock of that, made him fall backwards and then hit his head on the tub. He would have been disoriented from that and just went to bed, not realizing the severity of his injuries.

Yeah. I was reading more about this and found out his family filed an injunction to block additional details about his death after the coroner mentioned he died due to head trauma.
Specifically, to block video evidence. So there's some kind of video/evidence and they're blocking the details.
Which I'm fine with, the family is asking for privacy and they should get it.

According to TMZ, the family is asking for the video and photo evidence of his dead body from being shown as the Internet is forever. Once those photos are out, Bob Sagat's children and other family members may always have people re-posting all those photos endlessly. Then there's all those exposé tv shows on cable that love to show shots like that for shock value.

What’s puzzling is that, reportedly, there were no signs of anything amiss when his body was found. He was nicely lying in bed with his left arm across his body and his right arm down by his side, and appeared to be comfortably sleeping when he died. No blood or anything else out of the ordinary was reported. Surely if there were a struggle of some sort, or if he was beat up somewhere, there would be blood and the room would be in disarray. If he did have something like a fall in the shower, the force of the blow could’ve caused his skull to shift forward, but reportedly experts in the field have said that the severe injuries he sustained would likely have been caused by more than just a simple fall in the shower, so who knows. Supposedly others have petitioned the state of FL to keep records sealed but have been unsuccessful due to their laws there. So whatever information they want kept private will likely be public at some point. I’ve read a lot of possibilities. It’s too bad this is what he’ll be remembered for. He seemed like a sweet soul, though I realize he had an edge to him, too.

I don’t know what to think because the whole thing seems weird to me, but I’ve read a few comments elsewhere on the internet where people with medical knowledge or personal experience have claimed that a hard enough blow to the back or side of the head can cause orbital fractures around the eyes. If true, then I suppose it could’ve been a simple slip and fall situation. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It seems plausible that someone could slip in the bathroom and fall with such force to fracture the skull in multiple places.
I’ll never understand the willingness to believe things like he was beaten to death with no evidence of that but not believe a freak accident killed him.
I read there are 235,000 visits to the ER due to injuries in the bathroom. People slip and fall all the time, and sadly some of them end up dying because of it. Bob Sagat was most likely one of them.

It seems plausible that someone could slip in the bathroom and fall with such force to fracture the skull in multiple places.
I’ll never understand the willingness to believe things like he was beaten to death with no evidence of that but not believe a freak accident killed him.
I read there are 235,000 visits to the ER due to injuries in the bathroom. People slip and fall all the time, and sadly some of them end up dying because of it. Bob Sagat was most likely one of them.
People, and especially the click-bait media, want to make a Blue Bloods mystery out of every celebrity event.

Wouldn’t it be simple enough to have the coroner state that the death was officially ruled accidental with no foul-play suspected and that no further information would be forthcoming? Then the family could apply for whatever injunctions they want against publicity and no one would be left to wonder. The violent-fight scenario would by necessity involve others and be a case of criminal assault causing death (or whatever it’s called in that jurisdiction) and justice, on behalf of the people, should be sought. :scratchin

Wouldn’t it be simple enough to have the coroner state that the death was officially ruled accidental with no foul-play suspected and that no further information would be forthcoming? Then the family could apply for whatever injunctions they want against publicity and no one would be left to wonder. The violent-fight scenario would by necessity involve others and be a case of criminal assault causing death (or whatever it’s called in that jurisdiction) and justice, on behalf of the people, should be sought. :scratchin

The report says that it is most probable that he suffered an unwitnessed fall backwards and was ruled an accident. Why would they need to say no foul play then?

I read that it's possible he hit the front of his head/face on like a counter in the bathroom and the shock of that, made him fall backwards and then hit his head on the tub. He would have been disoriented from that and just went to bed, not realizing the severity of his injuries.
Yes, this happened to my Grandpa. He had forgotten he left a cabinet door open in tue bathroom and hit his head on it. He got disoriented and fell backwards and it the back of his head on the tile floor. He had fractured his skull in 2 places, needed stitches from the first hit and had to wear a neck brace for months.

That might be about vulnerability. If a person believes he was in a fight, but they don't engage in fights themselves, then they feel safe. If a person believes he slipped and fell in the bathroom, and they shower every day, then they worry it could happen to them too.

Either way, it's so sad that it happened, and I get that his family doesn't want it in the media.

A small bathroom has plenty of surfaces that could cause multiple fractures if someone fell. We have a small bathroom with a counter, toilet, and tub all close to each other and at decreasing heights. If someone fell a certain way they could possibly bounce off the edge of the counter, off the rim of the toilet, and then off the side of the tub.

A new report on his injuries was released today.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Fractures around Bob Saget’s eye sockets and bleeding around his brain were possibly caused by the comedian hitting “something hard, covered by something soft,” such as a carpeted floor, according to a report released Tuesday that provides more details of the TV’s star’s death.​
In the incident report released by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office in Orlando, a detective notes that Chief Medical Examiner Joshua Stephany said the fractures “would have stunned Mr. Saget,” and that he would have experienced dizziness.​
Had he been with people at the time, they would have noticed “confusion, balance, and/or slurred speech,” the report states. It does not pinpoint a location for Saget’s fall, but Stephany told the detective it would have been impossible with that type of injury for Saget to make a two-hour drive from the Jacksonville area to Orlando as he did the night before his body was discovered.​

I don’t know what to think because the whole thing seems weird to me, but I’ve read a few comments elsewhere on the internet where people with medical knowledge or personal experience have claimed that a hard enough blow to the back or side of the head can cause orbital fractures around the eyes. If true, then I suppose it could’ve been a simple slip and fall situation. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’ve heard that too

My FIL Fell on black ice a few years ago… hit the back of his head on the driveway, not his face, and he had the same injuries. Two broken eye bones despite not hitting them.

I was surprised at the reports today of the RC valet and the selfie with Mr. Saget. RC staff are known for their discretion - they are not to even acknowledge a celeb guest ...

I was surprised at the reports today of the RC valet and the selfie with Mr. Saget. RC staff are known for their discretion - they are not to even acknowledge a celeb guest ...

We have stayed at a Ritz Carlton, and knew per staff that Lebron James was there as well...and even the specific room type he was in, so who knows. Such a tragedy for the Saget family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter