Bobby Knight has died.

#1hoosierfan

DIS Veteran
Bobby Knight’s family announced he passed away earlier today. He was 83.

People loved him or hated him. Many did not agree with his coaching style and did not like his temper.

Many do not know how philanthropic he was. He was very generous to libraries, including the IU library.

He had a special friendship with Gene Keady, the Purdue coach even though IU and Purdue are fierce rivals.

He was the coach while I attended IU. The student section loved him and would go crazy when he got fired up.

RIP Coach Knight

I started at IU in the fall of 1985, just after the chair incident that previous winter. They were still talking about it!

“It didn’t look good. In fact, my assistants had just about given up, and so had I. Then I looked down toward the other bench, and I saw (coach) Dale Brown standing there. I knew then that we had a chance. …

Bob Knight.

Regardless of his on-court behavior (the chair incident being only one of his many "reactions") or the fact that we are die-hard Syracuse fans, Bobby Knight was a force to be reckoned with, and when he retired a lot of the ooomph went out of college basketball. He had a fantastic record in his tenure as coach. Rest easy, Coach Knight.

RIP Mr. Knight. Around here he's remembered as a great coach with chair throwing abilities. :love:

I am a Purdue Boilermaker and attended from 1988-1992 during the Bobby Knight and Gene Keady rivalry.

This is sad news for sure. RIP Bobby.

Bobby Knight will forever be remembered as a true legend in Texas Tech's history

Interesting how so many were/are still huge fans of this individual. He accomplished a lot alright but what a horrible example for children on how to behave during sports.

Interesting how so many were/are still huge fans of this individual. He accomplished a lot alright but what a horrible example for children on how to behave during sports.

He was a horrible example for anyone to potentially follow. He had a nasty temper, would belittle people for perceived mistakes, and had fits of violent behavior. That he never spent any time behind bars for assault was remarkable.

Bobby Knight’s family announced he passed away earlier today. He was 83.

People loved him or hated him. Many did not agree with his coaching style and did not like his temper.

Many do not know how philanthropic he was. He was very generous to libraries, including the IU library.

He had a special friendship with Gene Keady, the Purdue coach even though IU and Purdue are fierce rivals.

He was the coach while I attended IU. The student section loved him and would go crazy when he got fired up.

RIP Coach Knight
I hosted Bobby for book signings in Georgia a couple years back, sat and talked and he was everything I expected him to be. Lots of great stories and supreme confidence. He will be
missed.

Drew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter