Bob's Trip Report- Day Five

Bolanette87

<font color=deeppink>The Queen Bee<br><font color=
We woke up at 6:30am and got ready to go for Breakfast (The First time this week!).... We arrived at Cape Cod, and I was a little bit miffed that there were no seating staff out at this time of the morning. We didn't wait long, but as we were in a rush, we chose a table ourselves and got our breakfast. What does annoy me about this is, if you happen to be on the resort that early in the morning, you could more than likely saunter into the hotels and claim a free breakfast!! :eek:

2008_0923DLRPSept080459.jpg

2008_0923DLRPSept080461.jpg

Robert was thrilled to find Ciabatta bread on the breakfast buffet (That boy has an odd effinity with bread! :rolleyes: )! There was a couple more bits than at the Sequoia Lodge, but not a lot of difference overall........ I stuck to Croissants.... One of my all time top breakfasts!

We felt sad, but we went and collected our cases and then headed to the front of the Newport to wait for our coach. It duly arrived on time, and after the driver pretending to run me over, we boarded. However, this is where we ran into problems. The other two women staying at the Newport hadn't turned up. After the coach driver checked with us that they'd turned up at the right time, which they had. He then went into the building to check.... After getting reception to ring their room twice (no answer) and checking both Cape Cod and the Yacht Club, he came back, rather cross that he couldn't find them. The coach headed off around the other hotels, and then back to the Newport, where the two women STILL hadn't turned up. Eventually, just as the driver was about to leave, they showed up. The driver (Ian) asked them if they'd got the times mixed up, and they replied 'No'...!!!! I didn't really hear the reason they gave, but Ian was not impressed at all and said: "Not good enough Ladies, you've held everyone up. You should have been outside and ready to go.".

We headed off on the coach towards Calais.... I ate my Mickey cookies en route, and bought a can of Pepsi on the coach:

2008_0923DLRPSept080464.jpg

Robert read his book:

2008_0923DLRPSept080465.jpg

And I sat wearing two pairs of glasses- Not too entertaining I know, but because I suffer from Travel Sickness there isn't all that much I can do!

2008_0923DLRPSept080466.jpg

Because of these two women being late, we were told we wouldn't get to stop at the beer and wine Warehouse (Another reason to be annoyed with them!). We stopped at some services for a quick leg stretch en route, where we bought a bag of things to eat from the 'Oui shop':

2008_0923DLRPSept080467.jpg

2008_0923DLRPSept080469.jpg

We shared our little bag of goodies, and I was immature and was a Pringle Duck:

2008_0923DLRPSept080470.jpg

The journey went on, and there was a brief moment of excitment when we were pulled over by the French police:

2008_0923DLRPSept080472.jpg

However, they simply asked the drivers if they had anything to declare ("No.") and then let us drive off!

We got to Calais, and prepared for passport control....

2008_0923DLRPSept080473.jpg

This time someone got on the coach to check our passports..... The guy couldn't help but laugh at Robert's passport picture (He's about 12 and has short hair)... Easy enough really! I hate going through passport control- It makes me feel guilty even though I've done nothing wrong!

When we got on the ferry we headed for the duty free, where I bought six giant slabs of Milka, and we got 6 bottles of J.P Chenet (?Spelling?) for about £11 to give as pressies to people. The ferry was very crammed, and we got a bit cross that the ferry staff were claiming it was because they were 'helping owing to the fire at the Eurotunnel', making it sound like they were doing it for free as a favour!

2008_0923DLRPSept080474.jpg

Once we got into Dover, our luggage was swapped onto the feeder coaches home.

2008_0923DLRPSept080492.jpg

We hopped onto our coach, and once more managed to get the back seat to ourselves! Other passengers looked annoyed, but we think this is because they didn't think of sitting there first! :p!

2008_0923DLRPSept080477.jpg

We then set off........ Most of the journey seemed to focus on getting out of the London area:

2008_0923DLRPSept080482.jpg

I listened to my Ipod, and did a bit of a dance:

2008_0923DLRPSept080481.jpg

The journey ticked over, and I decided to get Tic and Tac out of the bag to they could see a bit of the world (Well, coach!):

2008_0923DLRPSept080484.jpg

We also enjoyed a, erm, healthy, afternoon snack:

2008_0923DLRPSept080480.jpg

Eventually, we made a stop at Cambridge services:

2008_0923DLRPSept080489.jpg

2008_0923DLRPSept080491.jpg

We had a bit of a wander and a good old leg strech, before boarding the coach again....

.... I think I dozed off for a bit here, because the next thing I remember is the next service stop at Donnington Park!!

2008_0923DLRPSept080493.jpg

We grabbed a Burger King here as we were starving.... Robert had a Bacon Cheeseburger, and I had a Sweet Chilli Chicken burger thing...both with regular fries and drinks- £12!!! Service Stations do rip you off!

2008_0923DLRPSept080495.jpg

We went back to the coach, and from here it was non stop to ....

2008_0923DLRPSept080496.jpg

We finally got there only 15 minutes late (10:45pm)... Robert's Grannie kindly picked us up and dropped us back off at Robert's parents (Who were at a wedding).... We ordered some food, and I came upstairs to log onto the DIS and say hi to you guys!!

Thank you so much for reading my Trip Report!! Hope you all enjoyed it!

Bob xoxoxox

I enjoyed your trip report too!

Look forward to your next one - don't leave it too long, eh? lol ;)

great trip report bob!!! glad you two had a lovely time

wow , loved reading all your reports

i soooo cant wait till i go lol

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hiya Bob. Loved your pringle duck. I thought I was the only adult to find that funny.:laughing: Just one request - can we see Robert's passport photo, or would he kill you? lol

Great report Bob, I love all the details of your trip - would try flying the next time or are you planning another coach trip?

Hiya Bob. Loved your pringle duck. I thought I was the only adult to find that funny.:laughing: Just one request - can we see Robert's passport photo, or would he kill you? lol

I asked him and he never actually said 'No' so I'll work on him! ;) He he!

Bob xoxoxox

Great report Bob, I love all the details of your trip - would try flying the next time or are you planning another coach trip?

We would like to fly next time we think...... I've never flown before, but I'd like to.... We only got the coach these trips because it was cheaper and easier for us....

Bob xoxoxox

We would like to fly next time we think...... I've never flown before, but I'd like to.... We only got the coach these trips because it was cheaper and easier for us....

Bob xoxoxox

Cool, its fun to try something new - and you get more time in the parks :goodvibes

What a lovely trip report Bob. Look like you both had an amazing time. Looking forward to the the next trip report already!

Loved your trip reports, looks like you had a brill time. You've influenced me into finally starting mine now.

Im already re-living my disney moments through your pics, we sitted in the seats next to you at the back when we went Cafe Mickey's.

I definately agree with you about their Garlic Bread, it's gorgeous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter