BOG Breakfast and Seven Dwarfs Mine

dreamscometrue47

DIS Veteran
Hi, 29 days and counting. Putting together a MK touring plan and have a question. We have a breakfast ressie at BOG at 8:20. Park opens at 9 that day, so the crowd will be starting from the castle over to the Mine train. What do you think our wait will be if we get to this attraction at 9:15? We also have a FP for 4 pm, so are wondering if we should try right after bk or not...if not, we would head right over to Peter Pan as we have not yet experienced the new queue...Thoughts??

Be at the park gates when they open at 7:45 and head straight for BOG. Even if your reservation is at 8:20, you'll be able to sit down as soon as you get there. If you can be seated by 8:00, you should be able to be at 7DMT by 8:45, which is when they start letting PPO breakfast people on. If you don't get to the ride until 9:15, you will be waiting a LONG time. If you do decide to go to Peter Pan instead, go a little later if you want to experience the queue. If the standby wait time is 20 minutes or less, you'll go through the line too quickly to really get to see everything, and it really is a very neat queue!

Be at the park gates when they open at 7:45 and head straight for BOG. Even if your reservation is at 8:20, you'll be able to sit down as soon as you get there. If you can be seated by 8:00, you should be able to be at 7DMT by 8:45, which is when they start letting PPO breakfast people on. If you don't get to the ride until 9:15, you will be waiting a LONG time. If you do decide to go to Peter Pan instead, go a little later if you want to experience the queue. If the standby wait time is 20 minutes or less, you'll go through the line too quickly to really get to see everything, and it really is a very neat queue!

Also, try to do the preorder for your food...you still have the chance to make changes before you pay, but they do seat the preorders before the other ADR guests.

Also, try to do the preorder for your food...you still have the chance to make changes before you pay, but they do seat the preorders before the other ADR guests.

Yes, this! I forgot to mention that the 8:00 seating might only be possible if you've pre-ordered your meal. When you get there, you'll just have to confirm what you ordered and pay, rather than waiting in the long line to order.

We had a 8:15 res before, pre ordered, got in early, did Main Street pics along the way, ate leisurely, got to mine train before the crowds and hit Peter Pan just as the crowds hit fantasyland, so our wait was only 15 min...not too long, but long enough to enjoy the new queue. Unless they change the opening time, you should be good, but definitely keep the later go, because you'll want to do it again.

Earlier this month I had an 8:45 am BOG ADR. I showed up earlier, was seated and finished about 8:50am. Literally walked right on to SDMT after I finished. This was an unexpected surprise for me.

Glad to read these reports from everyone. We'll be there in 36 days and are planning on this strategy. We have ADRs for our group of 12 at 8:05, 8:10, 8:20 and 8:25...I've been hoping to read of others being allowed into the restaurant early with the pre-order.

Glad to read these reports from everyone. We'll be there in 36 days and are planning on this strategy. We have ADRs for our group of 12 at 8:05, 8:10, 8:20 and 8:25...I've been hoping to read of others being allowed into the restaurant early with the pre-order.

You may already know this or it may not make a difference, but just so you know, if your ADRS is for 12 and you preorder, they will only allow you to pay 1 check (so if in multiple rooms and on the dining plan, they won't let you divide up the credits accordingly)...we learned this the hard way and had to reorder all parties separately once we were there.

You may already know this or it may not make a difference, but just so you know, if your ADRS is for 12 and you preorder, they will only allow you to pay 1 check (so if in multiple rooms and on the dining plan, they won't let you divide up the credits accordingly)...we learned this the hard way and had to reorder all parties separately once we were there.

I have read the policy regarding no split checks but we have 4 separate ADRs so I thought each ADR would be billed. We will preorder under 4 different MDE accounts for our total party of 12. Is that what y'all did? Separate ADRs??

So much good information here! Thanks. I'm hoping to ride 7DMT after breakfast at BOG and get an evening FP since I've heard it's a great ride to do at night.

Hi there. We will be a group of 12 as well did you break the group up into groups of 3 to do the reservations? Just wondering the best way to do this. Thanks!

Oh geez thats terrible. I will be agroup of 12 as well and everyone is on my MDE to make it easy! So if each room has their own table at their own time (not sitting together) we won't be able to preorder?

I have read the policy regarding no split checks but we have 4 separate ADRs so I thought each ADR would be billed. We will preorder under 4 different MDE accounts for our total party of 12. Is that what y'all did? Separate ADRs??

That'll work. As long as you have 4 different ADR's (each being 1 party/room/bill) you'll be fine. We only had 1 ADR for our large party, so we had to reorder etc.

Oh geez thats terrible. I will be agroup of 12 as well and everyone is on my MDE to make it easy! So if each room has their own table at their own time (not sitting together) we won't be able to preorder?

If you each have your own ADR, then yes you'll be able to preorder (you'll have to go in each time and order for each party). If you only have 1 ADR though, you won't be able to preorder unless someone's willing to pay the whole thing themself/use all their dining credits (I know doing this is debatable too) etc. You choose your own seats, so you can all sit together or wherever you want, but like you, I had 4 room reservations under my MDE account to make it easy and they system won't let you book more than 1 ADR for each time period (lunch etc.) on the same day, so I just made the ADR for the total number of ppl. in our entire party (just like I do for most of ADR's), so when we preordered it was only 1 total order and that's why we had to reorder.

You can call and get multiple ADR's for the same time/day, so if that's what you did and you have separate ADR's for each party/room/bill, you'll be fine to preorder.

Hi there. We will be a group of 12 as well did you break the group up into groups of 3 to do the reservations? Just wondering the best way to do this. Thanks!

The best way would be to break the group up into however many ppl. are going to be under each bill, or if you're using the dining plan, break them up into each room. This way you'll be able to preorder and pay without any issues.

which ride has the cute queue? the 7D or peter pan? We have seen Peter Pan but never the 7D. We are going in March

That'll work. As long as you have 4 different ADR's (each being 1 party/room/bill) you'll be fine. We only had 1 ADR for our large party, so we had to reorder etc.

Ok, yes I knew this and it doesn't apply to our situation. I wrote in my first post that we had multiple ADRs so I thought you were saying, even with separate ADRs, we couldn't have separate checks. I did not think that was the case, and had not seen anything like that in researching the trip. Phew...you had me a little worried!

If you each have your own ADR, then yes you'll be able to preorder (you'll have to go in each time and order for each party). If you only have 1 ADR though, you won't be able to preorder unless someone's willing to pay the whole thing themself/use all their dining credits (I know doing this is debatable too) etc. You choose your own seats, so you can all sit together or wherever you want, but like you, I had 4 room reservations under my MDE account to make it easy and they system won't let you book more than 1 ADR for each time period (lunch etc.) on the same day, so I just made the ADR for the total number of ppl. in our entire party (just like I do for most of ADR's), so when we preordered it was only 1 total order and that's why we had to reorder.

You can call and get multiple ADR's for the same time/day, so if that's what you did and you have separate ADR's for each party/room/bill, you'll be fine to preorder.

Now I see what you thought I'd done, but no...I logged in to each person's MDE and made reservations with their accounts for BOG. We are all linked up through MDE Family & Friends, but I'm making sure to do ADRs through each person's MDE with the exception of our large party tables. Even then I struggle for large tables on 180+ day at the first second of my booking window. Many of our tables are split reservations. I have two ADRs of 7 for Tusker House, 'Ohana and Park Fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter