• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Breakfast Experience

curlee-Q

I believe in fairies
Seems like a lot of people have questions about breakfast so I wrote our full experience below. Hope it helps someone out!

Our reservation was for 8 am on 8/14. Got to MK around 8:45 am (had just missed the MK bus at resort) and checked in with the CM all the way down on the left. The CM allowed anyone with reservations before 9 to check in and enter the park. Once we entered there were small groups in line on Main Street for pictures. Most notably was the line near the partners statue. Since it was pre opening the castle looked pretty empty but there were tons of constructions workers behind the walls. As we walked towards the restaurant, there were alot of CMs directing people. I believe we walked into BOG at 8 on the dot. There was a small line of people outside the door but the line was let in exactly at 8. We preordered but the CM allowed us to change our minds (which we did). No issue whatsoever. I highly recommend preordering bc it was no issue to change it day of. Once we ordered we were allowed to pick from the West Wing or Ballroom. Every party in front of us picked the West Wing( we ate dinner in there our first night) so we stuck with the ballroom. We literally had the ballroom to ourselves for 5 min. Talk about magical! It was great for photos and for soaking in the beauty. Soon others arrived and so did our food. The Cronut I had was delicious. Not as over blown sweet as I feared. After eating, we went outside at around 8:40. There was a small orderly line forming for Mine Train. We hopped in line and got on the second train of the day. When we got off the ride the rope drop crowds were just entering the ride. We then booked it to Peter Pan and were able to ride with about a 10 min wait. The breakfast was expensive but with the dining plan it was 100% worth it for us.

Last edited:
i have a reservation for 5. if we preorder, do you know if we can pay separately, or do we all have to be on same bill?

Thanks so much for sharing. We have reservations next month and wonder about it. We have the dining plan and breakfast is considered quick service?
Thank you.

i have a reservation for 5. if we preorder, do you know if we can pay separately, or do we all have to be on same bill?

I'm not sure. They scanned one of our magic bands and both orders associated with our reservation came up. The line for ordering at the door wasn't long at all so if you have to order separately I don't think it would hurt your experience much!

Thanks so much for sharing. We have reservations next month and wonder about it. We have the dining plan and breakfast is considered quick service?
Thank you.

It's considered quick service! If you are on the dining plan it's a great value...especially if it's pre-park opening!

How was the food (besides your cronut)? What did you have? Would you recommend it? Would you go again?

thanks for sharing your experience...always helps to hear the good and bad parts of any restaurant

How was the food (besides your cronut)? What did you have? Would you recommend it? Would you go again?

We only ordered Cronuts since we aren't big egg eaters. I was originally going to get the quiche (I only like eggs loaded with veggies/meat) but changed my mind. The cronut was amazing! Can't say too much about the pastries. Since we were eating a pastry for breakfast, we barely touched the platter. I think I had a mini blueberry muffin and it was decent.

If you are on the dining plan it is 100% worth it! If paying OOP, I would hesitate a bit more. We were at the park during peak time so the pre-park opening really helped us get in before the crowds. Is the food worth the price? Probably not, but the experience really adds to the value.

We will be going for breakfast with an ADR at 8:30 (prior to 9am opening.) Any idea if we're likely to get in a few minutes earlier as I always run early and will be anxious about making it out for park opening?
We pre-ordered 3 adult meals (one for our 10 year old) and 3 kids french toast meals for the 7 of us. We didn't order anything for our 2 year old. The kids' french toast looks like a small serving. Do you think there's enough pastries to fill up the kids and feed the 2 year old?
It's already $100. So I don't want to order more food than we need!

Last edited:
I agree the dining plan is the way to go to pay for breakfast at BOG as it's not cheap. However to be in the park before opening is priceless!

Thanks for sharing! We have FD and I have 2 8am BOG breakfasts booked for our trip in November. It's great to hear that it was such a nice experience for you!

Just reading this review. I'm in a similar situation I was able to land an 8am pre park opening breakfast (which is awesome).
I'm just concerned the food is to fancy. I'm a pancakes and eggs guy, as is my family. I looked at the menu and it reads like something we wouldn't be into. Any reviews on the food?
Can I/ should I just order off the kids menu? French toast and scrambled eggs is more my speed lol.

We will be going for breakfast with an ADR at 8:30 (prior to 9am opening.) Any idea if we're likely to get in a few minutes earlier as I always run early and will be anxious about making it out for park opening?
We pre-ordered 3 adult meals (one for our 10 year old) and 3 kids french toast meals for the 7 of us. We didn't order anything for our 2 year old. The kids' french toast looks like a small serving. Do you think there's enough pastries to fill up the kids and feed the 2 year old?
It's already $100. So I don't want to order more food than we need!

My daughter and I went in late September. We ordered one cronut and a kids meal of bacon and eggs. That plus the pastries was more than enough. We had pastries left over. I have heard that they will refill the pastries if you ask too so it should be enough. The kids portions did look small but that with a pastry was good for my 11 year old (and she's a big eater).

As long as you have an ADR prior to opening, they will let you in.

So let me get this straight. You had a reservation for 8 am, arrived at the park at 8:45 am, and made it to the restaurant at 8 am. Do you by any chance drive a silver DeLorean!!!! All joking aside, we will be there next week and are looking forward to our breakfast there. I only wish we could have snagged a ressie before rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter