• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG Breakfast

kattyjemmeg

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Can someone tell me, is this nice dining experience or do most people generally book it for early park access (particularly SDMT)?

I've read things like massive queues when you arrive at 7.45am, really busy dining rooms , food coming out before you've found a table etc. Also, do you get given a table reservation or do you have to find a table big enough for your party. We are a party of 9.

Thanks everyone!

I think most people book the earliest slot possible so that they're ready for rope drop with the rest of the park. But the reality is, only a handful of the people who dine there (considering all the people who eat at BOG between 8:00-830am) actually realize there's a possibility to ride SDMT early.

You do have to find your own table, but if you have an early reservation and you arrive early, it shouldn't be a problem.

Just did this Monday am, had 8:05 ADR. It was my first time at BoG, so it was kind of cool to check out the restaurant. The food arrived promptly and I rate the quality slightly above average. Was able to ride SDMT twice before the mob arrived. Could probably have ridden it 4 times if we had wanted but twice was plenty. Overall, we thought the early ADR was great to avoid the rope drop meyhem and had a decent meal as well.

Hi all,

Can someone tell me, is this nice dining experience or do most people generally book it for early park access (particularly SDMT)?

I've read things like massive queues when you arrive at 7.45am, really busy dining rooms , food coming out before you've found a table etc. Also, do you get given a table reservation or do you have to find a table big enough for your party. We are a party of 9.

Thanks everyone!
Be Our Guest lunch is legit. How's the breakfast?

My family really enjoyed breakfast a lot. WE got the 8 AM slot and likd the early entry into the MK. There was quite a few others making the trek to New Fantasy Land, so the elatively empty Main Street did not happen, but still a lovely walk. The food was served hot and was delicious. WE liked the self serve beverage station, which offered OJ for those who did not want coffee.

WE had plenty of time to have breakfast and explore the castle before heading out into the MK for our first attraction. WE skipped the Mine Train, and headed to Peter Pan SB so we could check out the queue.

Food does not come out until you have stopped moving aka sitting at a table. They are tracking your magicband or magic rose. This means do not stand still at a dirty table waiting for it to be cleaned.

Last edited:

It's decent, but not great. Not worth $23 at all, but if you're on the dining plan, it's ok. Annoying due to all the folks roaming around taking the same pictures you can find anywhere on the net in a lot better quality that your cell phone will take.

I think most people book the earliest slot possible so that they're ready for rope drop with the rest of the park. But the reality is, only a handful of the people who dine there (considering all the people who eat at BOG between 8:00-830am) actually realize there's a possibility to ride SDMT early.

You do have to find your own table, but if you have an early reservation and you arrive early, it shouldn't be a problem.

What time would you be allowed to ride? We are dining at 8:30, wondering if we can do the mine train and see Anna and Elsa before it's too crazy?

What time would you be allowed to ride? We are dining at 8:30, wondering if we can do the mine train and see Anna and Elsa before it's too crazy?
If you have an 8:30am reservation, I would just try to get into the park as early as possible. We had an 8am reservation, but there were some people near us in line who had an 8:20am reservation and they were let in with the 8am people. I'm not sure if you could maybe get in early too. I'm not really sure if there is a cut off time.

If you're amongst the first people in, then you're generally finished breakfast between 8:30am - 8:40am. That's when people begin to line up.

It's decent, but not great. Not worth $23 at all, but if you're on the dining plan, it's ok. Annoying due to all the folks roaming around taking the same pictures you can find anywhere on the net in a lot better quality that your cell phone will take.

It was only $21 a couple of weeks ago. Expensive, yes, but I was full for a long time afterward.

Food does not come out until you have stopped moving aka sitting at a table. They are tracking your magicband or magic rose. This means do not stand still at a dirty table waiting for it to be cleaned.

That is exactly what happened to us! The food came out while we were waiting for a family that said they were getting ready to leave!

That is exactly what happened to us! The food came out while we were waiting for a family that said they were getting ready to leave!

Our first visit we were looking for a table in West Wing and a CM walking by told us to keep moving .... and why. I've since seen it happen.

So assuming you can get in at 7:45am, when do buses begin transporting people from the resorts to Magic Kingdom? If I'm at Beach Club, and I want to be at Magic by 7:40am, what time should I line up at the bus stop at Beach?

We did BOG breakfast Tuesday morning. It was down pouring but we went to the park in ponchos anyway. Walked right in without a reservation.

So assuming you can get in at 7:45am, when do buses begin transporting people from the resorts to Magic Kingdom? If I'm at Beach Club, and I want to be at Magic by 7:40am, what time should I line up at the bus stop at Beach?
Buses start running at about 6:30am. That's the time we took the bus for our 8am reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter