BOG Dinner--hard to get

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
Heard even at 180 days + BOG dinner is hard to get! My ADR starts this wednesday. Should I get online at 6am or fill out the form and let the Concierge try? Do they have better luck??

Thank you!

Definitely be online at 6am with the website already open & your credit card at hand. If possible, immediately try for an ADR in the last few days of your trip to maximize your chance. BOG remains wildly popular. If your vacation falls during the Christmas Party dates, be careful about booking BOG on those dates after 6-6:30pm as you will have to buy a party ticket to enter or remain in MK. Don't forget about the BOG lunch ADRs which are also available on the dining website. While not as hard to secure as dinner, they also go very quickly.

I just tried for BOG Dinner 11/13-11/18 and there was NOTHING! So disappointed! That was the only place my son wanted to eat for his birthday! I guess I will be stalking the website from now until November! Good luck with your reservations!

Try to get it towards the end of your trip since less people are able to book for those days right away.

The concierge has no better access than you do. Many people appear to have luck checking a day or 2 just before the date they want the reservation because people cancel to avoid the no-show penalty.

The concierge (IPO) was able to get two BOG dinners for our trip in September but I also got online at 6am to do them myself just in case. I ended up with double reservations I had to cancel, but it was better than risking it and leaving it up to them entirely.

I was online right when it became available and managed to snag the only reservation available for my trip and that was on my last day at 4:05. My advice? Try for the last day of your trip.

Last year when we went at Christmas I was up ready at 6am and nothing was available. I kept checking several times during the day and two weeks later got a reservation the day we arrive. My advise is not to give up and keep trying.

I just tried for BOG Dinner 11/13-11/18 and there was NOTHING! So disappointed! That was the only place my son wanted to eat for his birthday! I guess I will be stalking the website from now until November! Good luck with your reservations!
When did you try to book?

My DS23 is in love with Belle and this is the "one thing" he wants to do without fail. I am a bit stressed about making this reservation.

Anyone fail to get a reservation if they are online and hitting the submit button at 6:00 AM sharp?

Try the touringplan.com reservation finder..I have been told you do not have to buy membership to use and great results.

I've never had any luck in the past, but I was able to snag a 4:55 p.m. dinner reservation this time around. That's certainly a little earlier than I would've liked, but it works out well since it's the same evening we'll be attending the Halloween party. We'll just have to opt for some later snacks.

My 180 day window opened this morning as well and I was online well before 6am - not one dinner reservation available!
I'm going to keep trying every day - hopefully something will open up.

Try the touringplan.com reservation finder..I have been told you do not have to buy membership to use and great results.
Definitely a great tool to use. I kept trying to find an earlier Ohana dinner for our trip than the one I originally planned, and had no luck finding anything. Signed up for the reservation finder and got it changed to the perfect time withing a week.

I was lucky last year and was able to snag one at a random date. Just keep checking, something will open up eventually!

When did you try to book?

My DS23 is in love with Belle and this is the "one thing" he wants to do without fail. I am a bit stressed about making this reservation.

Anyone fail to get a reservation if they are online and hitting the submit button at 6:00 AM sharp?

Not sure if you're aware, but Belle isn't at BOG, just the Beast.

Don't forget that week there are three MVMCPs and one day they close at 4:30. So I think overall there was limited availability from the beginning. I couldn't find a dinner either. But I did think there were plenty of slots for breakfast and lunch.

Definitely be online at 6am with the website already open & your credit card at hand. If possible, immediately try for an ADR in the last few days of your trip to maximize your chance. BOG remains wildly popular. If your vacation falls during the Christmas Party dates, be careful about booking BOG on those dates after 6-6:30pm as you will have to buy a party ticket to enter or remain in MK. Don't forget about the BOG lunch ADRs which are also available on the dining website. While not as hard to secure as dinner, they also go very quickly.

I agree with this -

I was told by a TA friend to do dining in this order:
BOG
CRT
Character Meals
All other TS Dining reservations

Heard even at 180 days + BOG dinner is hard to get! My ADR starts this wednesday. Should I get online at 6am or fill out the form and let the Concierge try? Do they have better luck??

Thank you!

I would get on at 6 am and try for a non-party night that's near the end of your trip for best chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter