• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG dinner questions

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
I have an ADR at 4:00 on May 31 for my daughter and I. I was thinking about canceling it, but since they're going to a fixed priced menu in July, this will be our last chance to eat there before that change. Unfortunately, there is not a lot on the menu either of us will eat. She is 11 and the only thing she'll eat is the kids grilled cheese, will she be allowed to order it? I was hoping to have the potato leek soup, but they removed it from the dinner menu. Has anybody had the pan-seared chicken? Will they do substitutions, as long as it's listed on the dinner menu? For instance, under the steak it has fries as a side, could I get those as a side instead of what is listed with the chicken?

I've heard the beast doesn't come out until 5:00. If we're done eating before then, are we allowed to go ahead and get in line to meet him? That's one of the reason's I made the ADR in the first place.

Thanks!!

Yes your daughter can order the kids meal.
They are good about substitutions, shouldn't be a problem to get fries.
Yes they will let you wait for the beast.

My wife had the pan seared chicken last week. It is basically chicken on the bone, seared and roasted. She said it was a bit dry and plain.

They will definitely substitute. We did it. Also if you don't like something they will try and accommodate. My son really didn't like the meatloaf off the kids menu and they brought him pasta. I had the lamb and asked to substitute the sides, and they pushed me to keep them, but offered to bring out something else if I wanted, which I got some roasted potatoes.

Overall they tried hard to accommodate.

The food was decent, but we were not that impressed, we won't be going back for dinner. The room is impressive, but loud. The restaurant is trying to be fancy with the dishes, but didn't hit the mark for us on the main courses. The lobster bisque was really good but small and the cupcake was surprisingly good.

BOG breakfast and dinner are not only over hyped, but both are way overpriced for everyone, especially young kids. The atmosphere is nothing special. As far as seeing Beast, he walked briskly through the main dining room on the hour, so we saw him at 5 pm and 6 pm. (and not at all at breakfast). Total viewing time in the 2 dinner visits... maybe 12 seconds, tops. Not at all like the other character meals we had. Future trips will NOT include this dining location.

BOG breakfast and dinner are not only over hyped, but both are way overpriced for everyone, especially young kids. The atmosphere is nothing special. As far as seeing Beast, he walked briskly through the main dining room on the hour, so we saw him at 5 pm and 6 pm. (and not at all at breakfast). Total viewing time in the 2 dinner visits... maybe 12 seconds, tops. Not at all like the other character meals we had. Future trips will NOT include this dining location.
I thought Beast met for pictures at dinner outside of the main dining room? He has never been there for breakfast or lunch,

The Beast is only there for dinner, which is why you didn’t see him at breakfast. He does walk through the restaurant without stopping at any tables but is set up for a meet and greet and pictures on your way out of the restaurant.

I was able to get a 2:40 lunch ADR on the same day I have the 4:00 dinner ADR. I have to decide which to keep and which to cancel.

I like the lunch menu better, but DD really wants to meet the beast. I don’t know what to do.

I was able to get a 2:40 lunch ADR on the same day I have the 4:00 dinner ADR. I have to decide which to keep and which to cancel.

I like the lunch menu better, but DD really wants to meet the beast. I don’t know what to do.

You won't have another opportunity to meet the beast except at dinner. If meeting the beast is important, then your decision is made. To be fair, the food isn't bad, just over priced.

The Beast is only there for dinner, which is why you didn’t see him at breakfast. He does walk through the restaurant without stopping at any tables but is set up for a meet and greet and pictures on your way out of the restaurant.
Yes, as we found out and the line to meet & greet was too long and not worth the bother. Even if it was a table visit (as other character meals), the place is overpriced for what we were served. 6 adults and 4 had either cold potatoes or cold veggies, which is unacceptable at any price point.

Yes, as we found out and the line to meet & greet was too long and not worth the bother. Even if it was a table visit (as other character meals), the place is overpriced for what we were served. 6 adults and 4 had either cold potatoes or cold veggies, which is unacceptable at any price point.
I’m sorry you didn’t have a good experience. I can see how you wouldn’t want to pay those prices for cold food. Our experience was exactly opposite. Delicious food and only about a 10 minute wait for the Beast.

I am not in love with this selection (the only time I could get was 20:45 hours but with 2 girls/women in my group who think that Beauty And The Beast is the greatest movie ever made I made the ADR but after they go to the 2 credit thing now way if I had 2 credits to waste I would be at Yachtmans or Morimoto's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter