BOG- giving lunch res to a friend- ordering issues?!

catccc

Earning My Ears
i have a BOG lunch reservation that I am going to give to a friend. We are two families of 4 traveling together, and I have a lunch reservation for 4 that I am giving to her family. She is just going to check in with my name. We thought about me dropping the reservation and then her booking it right away, but there is no guarantee she will be able to grab it first. Any thoughts? Should we try that?

If not, and she just says she is me, I am assuming there is no magic band verification of the reservation. What would be the best way for her family to pay for the order? Just order at the kiosk and pay with her husband’s magic band? I guess not her since she is saying she is me? I don’t want to have any issues where they think I haven’t shown up and charge me. How do they know what table to bring the food to? Can we order ahead on my app? If we do, will she need my magic band to get the food?

I dont have any knowledge about the ordering ahead stuff, we haven't experienced that yet, but we will when we go in June. But as for the dropping and picking of the reservation, there is a cancelled ADR thread for each travel month on here where people post the ADRs they want to cancel and use the conversation section to privately arrange a time to drop and pick up the res. I have used it several times and each time when we arrange that time, i have always been able to ick the res up within a minute or so. It should work especially smoothly if you can do it while you are together because then you dont have to not know if they have actually dropped it yet, if they did it a minute or two early or late. If she can drop it right then when you are together, you can be right on and pick it immediately up, there should be virtually 0 chance of someone else snagging it before you. That would then alleviate all your other fears about paying and MB charging and whatnot.

If they do not preorder, I do not think there will be any issues at all. I booked for myself and two friends, and we each just placed our orders on the kiosks and used separate payment types.

If your friend wants to pre-order the meal, I think it will be a little more difficult, but still work out ok. A CM does scan your MagicBand when checking-in to pull up the ADR and verify you pre-ordered. Say you were an AP without a band, or an off-site guest who did not purchase a band, etc... there has to be another way. BoG originally used these yellow rose pucks and I think they would use that rather than the band. Someone who has pre-ordered without a band may be able to verify it, but I believe it should be fine!

If they do not preorder, I do not think there will be any issues at all. I booked for myself and two friends, and we each just placed our orders on the kiosks and used separate payment types.

So I guess this means that they did not scan your MB at check in for the res? How do they know if you show or not... and if they should charge you $10 pp for not showing? I guess just by checking in with your name?

So I guess this means that they did not scan your MB at check in for the res? How do they know if you show or not... and if they should charge you $10 pp for not showing? I guess just by checking in with your name?
I was asked if I pre-ordered and we had not so I just simply gave them my name and they told me to wait in the line on the bridge. When we got up to the kiosks, the CM asked us if we were paying together, and we said no, so we each placed our own order and paid with our bands since we each setup different credit cards to each of our bands. This was back in 2016, and I have used the pre-order ever since, but I still saw many people waiting in the non-preorder line last month.

Are you guys linked? I think you can just change someone in your party to her so she is on the reservation.

I couldn’t change the reservation contact, so I decided to chance it and drop the reservation... I’ve been logged in as my friend trying to pick it up for 10 minutes now, and it isn’t showing up!!! I’m so bummed! Does anyone know if they take a while to put the reservation back in the system? Or if they don’t refresh at certain times of the day?

I couldn’t change the reservation contact, so I decided to chance it and drop the reservation... I’ve been logged in as my friend trying to pick it up for 10 minutes now, and it isn’t showing up!!! I’m so bummed! Does anyone know if they take a while to put the reservation back in the system? Or if they don’t refresh at certain times of the day?

Sorry, I don't think that was a great suggestion. I hope you are able to get it back or make a new one.

So, for my trip last December, we had a BOG lunch reservation. I had some issues with My Disney Experience, so I had made a new account to be able to make my ADRs. So my BOG lunch ADR wound up on one account, and almost all my other trip stuff on the other. So, when I scanned my magic band at check-in, they didn't find it (I knew they wouldn't, but I had forgotten about the account switch and just gave them my band when asked), but they were able to look it up under my name.

We had pre-ordered, so we bypassed the ordering line. However, they wanted to scan my band to pull that up, as well. The lady would not (could not?) look me up by name here. So we just ordered everything all over again.

So it all worked out, and I suspect it would have been fine for your friend, as well. Good luck with the reservation.

I made a reservation for my mom on a trip I wasn't even going on -- she walked in and gave my name. No problem. Hope it worked out and you got it back!

Not every has or uses magicbands. Even those that preorder don’t always have magicbands.

Friend will give your name and order and pay. Easy.

An amazing stroke of luck- I've been refreshing all morning and I got one! thanks everyone for the feedback. Next time I will just leave it alone and save myself the drama!

You were very lucky. It’s easy to think that we here are the only ones looking at adrs, but there are countless others out there, not on the dis, making reservations. I’m glad it worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter