BOG - lunch or dinner?

JessieH

Earning My Ears
I'm seeing mixed reviews on this one. I like that lunch is QS credit, but will we only be able to see the Beast at dinner? Both menus look good but dh and I would make different choices based on that. What's your favorite experience?

You will not see the Beast at lunch. My daughter and I enjoyed our lunch immensely last time we were there. The service was super quick (we pre-ordered). Haven't done dinner yet but I've heard the ambience is great at night. We prefer the lunch menu.

We enjoyed both and have reservations for both on our next trip but if I had to pick just one, I'd pick dinner! The food was great, the atmosphere was awesome, and meeting the Beast was really cool!

I would pick lunch. Dinner is so expensive. The soups and desserts, except for the Grey Stuff dessert, are identical at both meals yet they charge more for dinner. At lunch you also have a much better chance at sitting in whatever room you like, and all three rooms are open. I also feel like you are more welcome to walk around and explore the other rooms during lunch. You still get the experience of a waiter bringing you food in the rolling carts; its just all at once instead of offering you dessert. That being said, the butter they offer with the bread at dinner is the best we have ever had.

We have been there for 2 dinners and 1 lunch.
Dinner:
1. I really Grey Stuff dessert with the cookie bottom that's only at dinner.
2. Meeting the beast is neat. We enjoy character meet and greets.
3. People do not really wander around
4. Waited 30 and 40 minutes over our ADR time.
5. Serves alcohol

Lunch:
1. Has the braised pork dish (our favorite) for around $10. You can't change the sides, but the green beans are excellent and who doesn't like mashed potatoes?
2. You can wander around and check out the atmosphere.
3. Less likely to be running late.

Unfortunately, eating the braised pork was one of the meals that led me to realize I have a mushroom allergy. Not a huge ordeal, but it's in the braised pork, so I can't eat it anymore. :( We decided to not return to BOG since we had a great time each time and it was time to expand to something else.

We have been fortunate enough to have done lunch and dinner in the past. With kids, lunch is nice, it's quick and you can still view all the rooms. Great food at both times. Dinner is longer, and to see the Beast is nice, but I think lunch is a better value for the price.

I have been there for both Dinner and Lunch twice. We have both booked for our fall trip. Lunch is definitely louder and more hectic than dinner. You serve yourself with drinks and condiments like at most QS, but can roam around and look at in the different rooms without feeling intrusive. During dinner it feels a bit more elegant and is much quieter. I love the meeting with beast as well. The desserts are the same for both. I really like the roast beef sandwich at lunch and LOVE that you can pre-order and walk right in! Dinner is more expensive, but not more so than most of the TS places at Disney. I think you just can't go wrong here either way.

You do meet the Beast after dinner.

We had dinner there this past Tuesday. Not only was the atmosphere incredible, but it was also one of the best meals the 3 of us have ever had- we all agreed on that! It was such a great experience.

I visited BOG for dinner just recently before it opened, we didn't like it at all. However, since then they have slightly changed their dinner menu and most of the reviews are wonderful.

However, BOG lunch is AMAZING! I ate every bite of my meal. There is no Beast but the food service was quick, affordable and tasty! Strawberry cupcake was my favorite!

We've done both a few times now and we prefer dinner. Mind you lunch is a great QS option, but it's still quick service food just better than the average QS options. Dinner was absolutely delicious and at our most recent visit, we had such wonderful service. It really felt like a fine dining experience. Meeting the Beast at dinner is also a huge plus.

We have ate at both. Food was good at both. The first trip we went to we had lunch there. This trip we did dinner. Dinner is the only time you get to see Beast which is why we booked it. It is really had to get so make sure if you want dinner you are ready to book it as soon as it opens for you. We did not get it when ours opened but kept trying a few times every day until we got it.

I would pick lunch. Dinner is so expensive. The soups and desserts, except for the Grey Stuff dessert, are identical at both meals yet they charge more for dinner. At lunch you also have a much better chance at sitting in whatever room you like, and all three rooms are open. I also feel like you are more welcome to walk around and explore the other rooms during lunch. You still get the experience of a waiter bringing you food in the rolling carts; its just all at once instead of offering you dessert. That being said, the butter they offer with the bread at dinner is the best we have ever had.

I agree. We've done lunch there 3x now and dinner once, and my boyfriend and I both agree we prefer lunch. We don't mind that it can be louder or more hectic, or that we have to get our drinks via self-service. We found dinner to be very expensive for what we had (I had the ratatouille, I forget what the BF had) and we thought the service was very curt. We may have gotten a bad day but overall it felt very rushed. I think it's fun to be able to pick which room to eat in as well. If you want to meet Beast though, he is only available at dinner.

I vote for Dinner even though I haven't experienced Lunch. The menu for lunch looks a bit meh and the dinner at BOG is so good! Plus you can get wine or beer and get your picture taken with the Beast.

I've done both lunch and dinner and really enjoyed the food at both.

Dinner has the winner for me personally just because there are way less people (the kitchen can't cope) and you get to meet the beast.

Quick add on to this discussion - if you get a ADR for lunch, how much of a buffer zone can you arrive for your time?

For example, if your time is 12:05, can you arrive a little early or a little late and still be accepted?

Does that change for dinner?

Lunch with out even thinking about it.

Dinner was awful, felt like I was eating in a mess hall, while being rushed to order, with overpriced, overcooked/seasoned food.

Lunch on the other hand is my favorite quick service right behind Earl of Sandwhich.

I have no issue with lunch being loud but I'm not in the mood for junior from another family (who is pretty much sitting in my lap for how close they put the tables) screaming to the point the server can't hear me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter