• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG lunch or dinner?

jayhjay

DIS Veteran
Hi there! We are trying to decide whether to eat at BOG for lunch or for dinner. Obviously a big factor will be which food my family prefers, but beyond that, are there factors that make one a better option than the other?

FWIW, we are a family of 4 with two teens. We are not on the meal plan. My kids are pretty picky eaters but should be able to find something either place. We typically eat a CS lunch and a TS dinner, so even though dinner is pricier, we would likely be eating dinner somewhere roughly comparable in price if we do BOG for lunch.

So beyond food choices and price, any other factors that we should consider? Atmosphere? Food quality? My understanding is Beast is there at night? Is this like a posed pictures as you enter kind of thing? Or does he come to the tables? Are there other places to see Beast in the parks?

Also, is there some kind of entertainment? I have this vague memory of reading something about music, but now I can't find it anywhere so I may be totally off base.

Thanks for your help!

We have done both, and prefer dinner. It was just a better experience overall. The food was delicious! The ny strip steak was great and my favorite is the shrimp and scallops. The lemon meringue cupcake was the best! The beast makes an appearance during dinner.. He'll walk through the dining rooms, but does not go to each table. When you are finished your meal, before you exit you meet the beast for photos. It was really awesome! We would do dinner again, but weren't thrilled with lunch. A lot of people love lunch though, so it really is personal preference. We loved the experience 100x better during dinner, since it is table service. We never felt rushed and we were able to enjoy the atmosphere. It was a great way to relax before our mvmcp that night.

We have done both, and prefer dinner. It was just a better experience overall. The food was delicious! The ny strip steak was great and my favorite is the shrimp and scallops. The lemon meringue cupcake was the best! The beast makes an appearance during dinner.. He'll walk through the dining rooms, but does not go to each table. When you are finished your meal, before you exit you meet the beast for photos. It was really awesome! We would do dinner again, but weren't thrilled with lunch. A lot of people love lunch though, so it really is personal preference.

Thanks! So a walkthrough by beast and then a picture at the end (presumably that they charge for, yes)? So no opportunity to take our own pictures with our camera, etc?

Thanks! So a walkthrough by beast and then a picture at the end (presumably that they charge for, yes)? So no opportunity to take our own pictures with our camera, etc?
There is actually no charge for the pictures with the Beast! You can take as many photos as you'd like with your own camera too! He just doesn't sign autographs. But it is not an extra charge, like at some restaurants.

Oh
There is actually no charge for the pictures with the Beast! You can take as many photos as you'd like with your own camera too! He just doesn't sign autographs. But it is not an extra charge, like at some restaurants.

Oh, that is awesome! And good to know!

Is there some other entertainment thing or am I crazy? Like lights and music? I have no idea WHY I thought I read that somewhere...

Oh

Oh, that is awesome! And good to know!

Is there some other entertainment thing or am I crazy? Like lights and music? I have no idea WHY I thought I read that somewhere...
Hmm.. I don't know if I would call it entertainment per say, but more of sights and sounds of the atmosphere. Music comes on when the Beast is introduced. The windows in the ballroom are really cool, it looks like it is snowing outside. And the West Wing is one of the rooms you can be seated, and that has some cool effects- it is dark, and it thunders and lightening and the rose is in that room, which is really cool! We sat in the ballroom, but took a quick look in yhe West Wing to see the Rose.

Hmm.. I don't know if I would call it entertainment per say, but more of sights and sounds of the atmosphere. Music comes on when the Beast is introduced. The windows in the ballroom are really cool, it looks like it is snowing outside. And the West Wing is one of the rooms you can be seated, and that has some cool effects- it is dark, and it thunders and lightening and the rose is in that room, which is really cool! We sat in the ballroom, but took a quick look in yhe West Wing to see the Rose.

Got it, thanks!

I would second dinner over lunch for the same reasons listed above. Dinner is so much better.

We went to both last August and there aren't many good things to say about lunch except that if you have your heart set on eating in a certain room you'd probably have a better chance at getting it at lunch but you might have to sort of stalk a table which is a bit unpleasant but that's lunch at BOG in a nutshell -unpleasant.

This August will be returning only for dinner.

We also prefer dinner over lunch. All the reasons listed above are true for us as well. Additionally, at dinner you also have the option to have a glass of wine or beer with your meal if you choose which I felt was a nice compliment to the food. My husband truly loved the steak and said it was one of the best steaks that he has ever had. We enjoyed lunch too but if we could only pick one, we would go with dinner.

Reading this makes me soooo excited to eat here for dinner on our honeymoon this Aug!! We have tried the lunch several times and do really enjoy the food, the sandwiches are great! But the dinner experience sounds like pure Disney magic! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter