BOG lunch-what to expect

Jjc84

Earning My Ears
We have lunch reservations at BOG and I was just wondering of someone could tell me what to expect. I saw some pics on Instagram of huge lines recently at bog. Should we expect to stand in lines with a reservation? Also do you check in somewhere? If anyone has been through the new reservation system lately Id love to know how your experience was! Thanks!!

We were there two weeks ago. The huge lines you saw were walk-ups-they were taking them the whole time we were there. We had ADR's for lunch and dinner.

Lunch: We were told you cannot check in more than 10 minutes before your ADR but then we heard someone else being told it was 20 minutes before by a different CM. We gave our name at the arch, went right in, checked in and had our order taken at the check in. Then we were told to find a seat-we got lucky and got a table right by the window in the ballroom-and our food was brought over about 10 minutes later. The walk-ups were directed into the room where the Beast meets people-don't remember the name- where there were a bunch of stations for them to place their lunch orders and quite a few CM's stationed there to help with questions.

Dinner was a different story. We were seated about 30 minutes past our ADR.

Last edited:
I have read you can pre-order you lunch ahead of time too. I wonder if that saves any time when getting seated or how that works when you arrive check in.

Is it worth all the trouble to try to get in. Trying to judge the experience.

If you have never been inside, I'd say it is worth some inconvenience. The atmosphere is amazing and the rooms are all unique. The food is typical mid-level Disney dining. I've had better meals at other Disney restaurants and MUCH better meals outside of Disney. That being said, I did not encounter any problems getting our ADR's so it was worth it for us. I don't think that I would drive myself crazy trying to get one.

I have read you can pre-order you lunch ahead of time too. I wonder if that saves any time when getting seated or how that works when you arrive check in.

It did not save time when we were there a couple of years ago. I was very disappointed. I ordered everything for our party online ahead of time, but they still directed us to the ordering computers and said we had to check in on them. That meant we had to wait behind two families who had several kids and no idea what they wanted. I thought that Disney should have a different set of computers for those who had already ordered and for those who had obviously not even looked at the menu. Very frustrating. That was when they had the trial fastpass lunch and we were lucky enough to get a fastpass. I hope things have changed since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter