• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG lunch with fastpass + -our experience

DVC'96

Mouseketeer
We just returned from the world on Wednesday and had a fastpass+ ressie for BOG on Sunday 1/19 at 11a. The diners included myself and my daughters (age 22 & 15). We had other time options when we booked, but our plans included going to MK for early entry, hitting our favorite rides, eating lunch at BOG and heading to AK where we had made fastpass+ reservations for the afternoon.
When we arrived at BOG, we checked in with no problem and were asked if we wanted to change anything in our pre-order. We said no and were told to go over the bridge and tell the next CM we had a pre-order. I should mention at this time there had to be 200 people in the stand-by line snaking over the bridge and around the corner. So we checked in at the next station and were sent to the desk to pay since we weren't placing our order there. I was going to use my Chase Disney Reward points but I was going to be sent into the self ordering line to do that so I put it on my room charge instead. At that point we were told to go and find ourselves a table and our food would be out soon.
We decided on the chandelier room after we took a peek in the other two rooms. Lunch must have just started because the rooms were almost empty at that point and they were starting to fill up by the time we left.

Within 5 minutes of taking our seats the cart with our food rolled up. The server checked our receipt and gave us our food. We ordered the quiche, the turkey sandwich platter and the roast beef sandwich platter, the triple choc cupcake, the strawberry cupcake & the grey stuff cupcake. The lunch was mediocre at best. The sandwiches would have been better if they were above room temperature because they were toasted at one point. The fires were a little warmer but they were the worst part of our lunch. I had heard the fries were one of the best things there but there was so much salt on them that after a couple of bites and attempts to brush the salt off they had to be left on the plate. I was very disappointed about the fries because I really enjoy crispy fries. Maybe it was a one-time thing? The cupcakes were so good and were the perfect ending to the lunch.

We walked out of there asking each other if we enjoyed our lunch. It was early, but we planned it that way. As the person who paid for it, I thought $50 was way too expensive for what amounted to a fast food lunch for 3 people. Would we do it again? We decided that no way would we return there for lunch again. We had much better lunches everywhere else in the world that trip. Are we glad we did it? I guess so. The three rooms and the special effects were intriguing and I'm glad we got to see them.
Hopefully the hype will calm down soon and people can eat there without waiting for hours or reserving months in advance. They really can move a large amount of people through there quickly and it's crazy that with everything at WDW, that is one of the busiest places.

This is all just my opinion. I'm hoping to help some others as you all helped me plan my trip.:wave2:

Thanks for your review! Others have said the same about the sandwiches, so, we are having the Tuna Niçoise salads. Hopefully they will be cold ;)!

DH and I are there for lunch in November 2012. We thought the food was just OK. DH had the steak sandwich and I had the ham sandwich. We thought the cupcake was very sweet. (As with all Disney cupcakes) We have a fastpass booked again for lunch next week so the kids can see the restaurant. I stayed away from sandwiches and ordered us all the roasted pork. I am hoping that this meal will be better than the last. :)

We ate there for lunch in Oct and our food was great. I'm sure the food not being the correct temperature could really change the taste.

Why didn't you flag down a CM and send the food back? I sure wouldn't pay $50 for food that was inedible.

The sandwiches weren't inedible-they just would have tasted better if they were warm. The quiche/salad combo and the cupcakes were very good also-it was just the fries and at the time we decided that we just couldn't eat them there wasn't anyone around.

Something else happened that I thought was kind of funny-there were three tables where the parties had just left by the window with the "snow" and a CM was cleaning them off. A man went over to the third table and was waiting for her to clean it up. She asked him if he would like to come to the first table that was almost clean and he shook his head no. She started explaining to him that she had to clean the tables in a clockwise order-then paused in mid-sentence and said she would be there as soon as possible. I was closer to her and I probably heard more of her explanation than he did, but I found it kind of funny that Disney dictates the direction of table cleaning!:rotfl:
I know, many of those details are why we all love to go there!

We were there last Tuesday and yeah, the food was nothing special. The bottom bread of my sandwich was a bit soggy and the fries weren't done. The Fastpass got us right in though.

I'll be sure not to visit it then on my next trip then, thanks for the heads up. There many way better places to eat at Disney :)

How late can you put in your pre-order with your FP+ BOG? When they asked if you wanted to make a change to your pre-order, would you have had to stand in the long line for ordering?

We did our pre-order about 2 weeks ahead. I'm not sure if there is a deadline or not with the pre-order. When they asked if we wanted to make any changes they had their ipads with our information on them so it appeared that we could have made the changes right there and they would submit them.
Just be aware that they don't take all methods of payment at the check-in desk if you have a pre-order. I was going to use a credit card and they told me I would have to go over to where people were ordering at the kiosks to pay that way. I'm not sure if there was someone there just taking the credit payments or not, but I decided to just use my room charge so we could just go in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter