BOG raising prices and changing menus already??!!

The steak sandwich was the BEST sandwich I have had on property. (On more than one occasion). I am really disappointed they removed it. Really no point for me to stand in that line now.

Could not agree more! Dh and I loved the steak sandwich and it really was the best on property. We live in Orlando and since BOG opened that has been our lunch destination when at MK. We had our friend here last week and were so disappointed when we saw it had been removed. DH and I are not big on turkey, but I gave the turkey sandwich a try and DH tried the roast beef. While he liked the sandwich and I was able to eat the turkey sandwich, the steak one was a million times better. So sad :( :(

That's a shame as was planning on having the steak sandwich for lunch, never mind :worried: .

However we are also eating there dinner and I can't seem to find a menu with the new prices, anyone able to tell me where to find it, as allears still has the old version. Thanks :thumbsup2 .

I was wondering the same thing. Where is the new menu posted?

As to the steak sandwich, I ordered it back in March it was pretty good.

I ate both the chicken and steak sandwiches and have to agree that they were both dryer than the desert. Flavorless and in desperate need of some sauce.

I started a thread about this today before I saw this one, so I went back and deleted that post.

I'm annoyed about the price increase on the steak. Chances are that is what my entire family would order. It's not a huge increase, but given that the place has only been open for a few months, it seems strange.

Although if I was going to order chicken, I would never have ordered the Cornish Hen.

I'm annoyed about the price increase on the steak. Chances are that is what my entire family would order. It's not a huge increase, but given that the place has only been open for a few months, it seems strange.

I was annoyed when I looked at the menu last week when we sat down because I had just looked online that day and everything said $29.99. And to be honest, the pork was much better than the steak. The steak was fine, but I wish DH and I both would have just gotten the pork and saved some money!

I do think it's a bit much to raise prices "already" when the restaurant has been open for less than a year.

Actually, Be Our Guest raised prices for the first time while it was still in previews - before its official public opening.

Maybe some ADR's will open up, now that the prices are going up.:thumbsup2

I wish, but I think there are too many people using DDP for an increase to make a big impact. At the moment, I'm searching daily for a BOG ADR before booking our anniversary trip in Oct. The date I can find one on will determine which dates we arrive &/or depart on. Since we typically prefer signature restaurants for dinner, I'm not concerned with finding them later. BOG is the problem ADR.

I started a thread about this today before I saw this one, so I went back and deleted that post.

Although if I was going to order chicken, I would never have ordered the Cornish Hen.

Ate there in March, and Cornish Hen was juicy and tasty. It has now been replaced with what may be a boring and dry chicken breast with olives (I can't stand chicken breast, nor olives) and price increase of $3.00.

We much prefer the Cornish hen, but will reserve a final judgment until July when we have the new chicken dish.

Tiger

I have ADRs at BoG in two weeks as well as in early Sept. I'm keeping the one in two weeks simply because I promised my dd (19) we would eat there. But, I'm giving serious thought to cancelling the one in Sept with just my dh. Just getting to be not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter