• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG...Twice in One Day?

curlee-Q

I believe in fairies
We have an upcoming August trip and booked at 8am pre opening BOG breakfast. Yesterday a lunch reservation at 1:15 opened up and I snagged it. We don't want to take a ton of time to eat but I have heard BOG has the best food in MK. Has anyone done both breakfast and lunch on the same day? Would it be too hectic/time consuming to do both?

I think that even though they are both QS meals it is worth doing both. You can chose to sit in 2 different rooms for each meal (so a different experience). I think that if you pre-order your food for both meals that it will save you some time as well. If you are on the DDP it is a good use of a credit (early pre-park opening breakfast; great food at lunch- the braised pork; above average QS lunch). You will also get refills on your beverage at lunch which is a nice bonus.
We loved our lunch there last trip and are looking forward to it again. We have also been lucky enough to get a breakfast and a dinner ADR on our upcoming August trip.
We have an 8:05am breakfast and a 4:00pm dinner at BOG on the same day and are looking forward to both experiences.
I say enjoy!

We're doing both in August. :thumbsup2 Your times are nicely spaced out. Go for it!
Ya gotta eat anyways. Right?
Enjoy! :goodvibes

It does not have the best food in MK, in my opinion, but we have only tried it for lunch.

I would actually never eat there for lunch again.

I would book a pre park opening breakfast simply for the easy access to SDMT at park opening.

The reason it's hard to book is because it's the newest, shiniest thing. From what I've seen, reviews are mixed.

But if you really want to eat there twice, go for it. I just wanted to clear up the "best food in MK" thing, because I don't think that's the consensus. We strongly prefer Columbia Harbor House for quick service, but it certainly doesn't have the WOW of the castle.

We ate there twice in one day. We had lunch at 12pm and dinner at 8pm.

We have an upcoming August trip and booked at 8am pre opening BOG breakfast. Yesterday a lunch reservation at 1:15 opened up and I snagged it. We don't want to take a ton of time to eat but I have heard BOG has the best food in MK. Has anyone done both breakfast and lunch on the same day? Would it be too hectic/time consuming to do both?

Well we began off having BOG dinner and Ohana breakfast for my niece and I. Then she wanted to do CRT instead. So when they extended breakfast for BOG, I grabbed one of them and did have dinner too until I cancelled it for CRT late lunch. I am anxious to try the breakfast, but really enjoy the food there, so I say try it.

We have never been here before and the last time we walked by when it first open it was crowded and we just left. We have an ADR for lunch, can you explain to me how this works. Since it is QS and I plan to order our food ahead of time do we just walk up to the counter and give our name and they seat you and bring you food out? do you leave a tip at the table?

I would pick one or the other but not both. IMO, the food (lunch) is not all that spectacular; what makes this place so popular is as a previous post mentioned, it's the newest, shiniest thing. I will admit, the dining room is well worth seeing it once but not a second time, especially in the same day. For me I don't regret going there, but it is now something that I can say, "been there done that."

We have never been here before and the last time we walked by when it first open it was crowded and we just left. We have an ADR for lunch, can you explain to me how this works. Since it is QS and I plan to order our food ahead of time do we just walk up to the counter and give our name and they seat you and bring you food out? do you leave a tip at the table?
We went last August for lunch (and have another lunch ADR this upcoming August). On our last visit (it was a FP lunch), we had pre-ordered our food. When we arrived at BOG for our reservation, the CM at the entrance asked us if we had pre-ordered. We said 'yes' and were put into a line (shorter than the one that had not pre-ordered and definitely shorter than the stand-by), and when we got to the front (just a few minutes) they scanned our bands but they had lost our order. No problem- we just re-ordered. Service was fairly quick (5-10 minutes). It was beautiful inside. We have the DDP and loved the food - found it a definite step up to other QS meals IMO.
We seated ourselves (sat in West Wing) and did not leave a tip as it was QS. I didn't think about leaving a tip but I suppose you could if you felt you received service that warranted a tip?

In January we had a lunch reservation and then later that evening we had a dinner reservation. It was great, however, BOG is one of our favorite restaurants so we didn't mind at all...plus, that was the first time we had lunch there so it was something new to us too, at least the lunch part. I am hoping to get that lucky for our October trip, but of course I will really have to have my fingers crossed for that one.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion as I'm doing the same thing!! Just worked out that way. Snagged an 11:45 lunch the day it opened up for me and then, when breakfast opened up, I realized I had to get an 8:00 breakfast ADR the same day... I want that pre park opening experience. We're just going to share a breakfast order so we don't get filled up too much before lunch.

If it were breakfast and a dinner, than yes I would do that. But not for breakfast and lunch. We did not enjoy lunch there.. all the hype really set us up for high expectations and we were disappointed. Dinner is a different story and a whole better experience.. all around. But that is completely up to you, as it is your trip.

We have a similar dilemma for our upcoming trip. I booked lunch on our first MK day at 180 days out. Then, after reading the boards, I decided to try for an 8am breakfast ressie to get into the parks early (which is something we've never done before). So far, the only breakfast spot I could find was the same day as our lunch ADR. So, I have them both booked, but I'm looking every day to see if we can move one or the other to our second MK day. I'm afraid two times at the same place will be overkill.

We're doing both in August as well. We're doing breakfast and dinner on the same day. I can't wait to try breakfast!

I wouldn't do both only because I didn't really love BOG when we had dinner there last year. I would keep one though, since it is worth the experience.

Yeah...try it once and see how much you love it. For us, the food was "meh" and while the atmosphere is pretty cool, I wouldn't return except to accompany someone who really wanted to try it. :earsboy:

I would do it. We really enjoyed lunch last time, especially the chocolate cupcake! Would love to do the breakfast, and if it happened to fall on the same day, well, all the better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter