• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG without reservation?

kverlinger

Earning My Ears
I know back in 2010 we ate there for lunch without reservations. Can you still do that? What about all the other restaurants?

You will need an ADR to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at BOG.

At MK they now have Skipper Canteens that doesn't take ADRs until the day of, great option there.

We watched 20 people walk up to BOG at 12 noon May 21st with no adr and all were turned away, just saying

As @SydandPaige'sMom BOG didn't open until 2012. ADRs started in Nov 2012 with the official opening in Dec 2012. Maybe you walked up to CRT?

That being said, it's not completely unheard of to get a walk up, but it's very unlikely. You can still try. Ultimately, if you want something last minute, the best way to do it is have the app on your phone and see what's open at that time.

As @SydandPaige'sMom BOG didn't open until 2012. ADRs started in Nov 2012 with the official opening in Dec 2012. Maybe you walked up to CRT?

That being said, it's not completely unheard of to get a walk up, but it's very unlikely. You can still try. Ultimately, if you want something last minute, the best way to do it is have the app on your phone and see what's open at that time.

BOG lunch was a FP+ when it first opened and they did take some lucky walkups as well.
Now you really do need an ADR. The likelihood of a walkup is very slim.

We went on our trip without any ADR's. However, we used the Disney World Ap on the iphone and were able to book BOG reservations for 4 the night before. For those releasing their ADR's for whatever reason to avoid being charged, free's up time slots. We got luckily and got an 8pm DR with no wait. This is actually how we now do all of our ADR's, days before. There's little stressing on our part and allows for us to try different restaurants.
That being said, I still saw people walking up to BOG with no DR and just waited. I overheard 45-60 min waits, but not too bad. It takes that long for some rides!::MickeyMo Good luck!

You can walk up to every restaurant in WDW and ask for a table, however, there is absolutely no guarantee you will be seated. We rarely make ADR's anymore, but I always check the app about 2 hours before we want to eat to see what is available and choose then. Recently, the only time I was able to walk up was for a BOG lunch around 1 pm. We were a party of 2 and I noticed a table for 1 was available on the app. We quickly walked over and they let us in. It was really pure luck. I would never count on being able to do that.

I don't know if you could even get reservations back then. If reservations were a thing I didn't know about it. Fast pass + wasn't a thing yet. I read on her about when to get in line for lunch because they get crowded. The advice payed off because we were seated (6 people) within 10 mins. Last time going to Disney was 2013. Funny how fast things change.

I don't know if you could even get reservations back then. If reservations were a thing I didn't know about it. Fast pass + wasn't a thing yet. I read on her about when to get in line for lunch because they get crowded. The advice payed off because we were seated (6 people) within 10 mins. Last time going to Disney was 2013. Funny how fast things change.

FP+ WAS a thing back then. We went in 2013 (my 2012 baby had just turned 1). We didn't get into BOG but FP+ was new and glitchy so I was constantly showing my phone to the CMs to show that my whole group had FP+ ressies - the silly MBs kept glitching and turning red.

EDIT: It should say we *couldn't* get into BOG, not didn't.

FP+ WAS a thing back then. We went in 2013 (my 2012 baby had just turned 1). We didn't get into BOG but FP+ was new and glitchy so I was constantly showing my phone to the CMs to show that my whole group had FP+ ressies - the silly MBs kept glitching and turning red.

It's according to WHEN in 2013. There was no FP+ at least in the early months of 2013. We were there in June of 2013, and still using the paper FP's.

Now that I think about it, I don't think FP+ started until very early in 2014, although there may have been some early test rollouts earlier than that.

We had paper fast passes.

EDIT: It should say we *couldn't* get into BOG, not didn't.

But anyways... I just wanted to know if you could still walk into BOG for lunch without issues. Thank you for all the help. I will keep checking for reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter