Boma breakfast parking time allowances

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I’m planning on having a breakfast at Boma and dinner at Jiko on the same day and I go to animal kingdom. I was wondering if I can leave my car at the resort, take a bus and go to the park and get a bus back for dinner. Or would I have to drive to animal kingdom and then back to the the lodge?

I just hate paying for parking when I’m already staying at Port Orleans. I just don’t want to be late to breakfast so I’d rather drive.

I’m planning on having a breakfast at Boma and dinner at Jiko on the same day and I go to animal kingdom. I was wondering if I can leave my car at the resort, take a bus and go to the park and get a bus back for dinner. Or would I have to drive to animal kingdom and then back to the the lodge?

I just hate paying for parking when I’m already staying at Port Orleans. I just don’t want to be late to breakfast so I’d rather drive.
If you’re staying onsite, you won’t be paying for parking anywhere. Parking at Port Orleans is free, parking for your ADR at AKL is free, and parking at AK Park is free.

It makes sense to drive to breakfast, but out of consideration for guests staying at AKL, please drive to AK and then back to AKL for dinner. It won’t cost anything but gas, and it will probably be quicker too.

I would drive to the park after breakfast and then back again to be safe. It's only a few minutes each way, probably much faster than waiting on buses if you just miss one.

Disney has been tightening up on parking. DS interacts with many locals and they purposely began testing the difficulty after July 4th to see if they loosened up. Many of them enjoy the quick serve and bars at the resorts and prefer to drive rather than park at DS and bus it. The info that was repeated over and over is they were refused without a hotel reservation or ADR, AND they were being told 2 hours!!! I have to wonder if they are moving towards really cracking down because there really isn't enough parking at most the deluxe resorts for sure.

And Carolyn is correct - as a Disney hotel guest you do not pay to park at the theme parks.

I own at AKV and was at AKL last month. They continue to be very strict in limiting parking to resort guests and those with ADRs. You will have no issue parking for your reservations. I would not attempt to leave my car all day… with the possibility of a nasty surprise later.

Honestly, AK is around the corner from the Lodge, a very quick trip. Driving over will be easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter