Boma Dinner Buffet Questions

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
My DH is a much more adventurous eater than I and enjoys moderately spicy foods. I prefer the basics and not a lot of spice. DH really wants to try out Boma on our adults only anniversary trip as we agree its a place we're not likely to take the kids. I've reviewed the menu and am concerned that I'll find enough basics to fill me up (without resorting to the kids buffet!). Can someone help me understand what the "wood carved meats" are and if there are rice and potato selections that are not dosed with curry and other spices!
We're also considering a late (~9pm) dinner - is the buffet still going strong and fresh and hot later in the dinner hour! One last question - never been to AKL, will we see any animals around 8:30pm or after our late dinner? Thanks, Jo

We have been to Boma's several times. I'm not big on spicy but DBF is. I have left there overly stuffed every time. The desserts are great. I don't think you'll have any problems.
I can't help on the animal part as we have always been earlier. Looking around the lodge is really great too.

There are lots of items on the bufett that aren't curried out. They have awesome soups , usually about 5 different kinds. Lots of different salads and 3 or 4 different hummus. The desserts alone are worth the price of admission. Go with an open mind. Try a little of something new, and have a zebra dome for us!! Happy Anniversary

The wood carved meats are the usual carving station like you'd find at other buffets. They often have prime rib, flank steak, ham and a baked fish there.

As for other items, there is such a variety that you are likely to find plenty to eat. Not everything is spicy. There's even a "kid's station" with mac & cheese if you are looking for a plainer side dish. One type of rice they serve has a bit of a cinnamon taste to it and very nice. At the carving station they often have Pap, which is plain white cornmeal. Try it.

After dinner you will see some animals. Many come out and graze the fields. The light level is very low but you can still see them and they often come close to the walls if it's quiet enough. A CM is always out there to help you ID what animals you are seeing and answer questions.

My BF loves to try anything new. I, on the other hand, am a very very picky eater. We both stuffed ourselves at Boma's. I fell in love with cous-cous there.:lovestruc: Dont' worry about not finding anything there to eat, cause you will. Just have a great time!!!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter