Boma on departure day

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
I've always wanted to do Boma breakfast! My son and I love a breakfast buffet šŸ˜‹ . I wanted to stay at AKL but it wasn't in the cards this trip. We will be a CBR. I have booked Boma at 10:30 am on our departure day. Our flight leaves at 4:30 pm.
I thought we would pack up at CBR, get to AKL somehow (thinking to do Uber / Lyft / Minnie). Ask AKL bell hop to hold our bags.
Eat till maybe noon? Enjoy looking around AKL until 1:30 pm. Depart for airport at 1:30 pm.

My question is... this sounds like it will work... but honestly... is this a pain in the neck on departure day? I hate to just be sitting around CBR lobby on our phones waiting for the trip to be over since we won't leave till 1:30. But on the other hand, fitting in packing, Lyft, check bags, big meal, see resort (but don't be too leisurely!), retrieve bags, Lyft to MCO... and then a whole travel day - I'm just wondering if this is more trouble than it is worth?

Should I do something else instead? Maybe Ale and Compass breakfast since we could leave our bags at CBR, skyliner, and walk?

Or something else?

Toppolino's is a pass for us. I know it would be amazing, but my husband will be with us and he won't be into a character meal.

(I know some will say to be at MCO 3 hours early and then others will chime in with "last time I was there I was through security in 3 minutes and having coffee at the gate 10 minutes later! I feel alright with a 1:30 pm departure.)

I've always wanted to do Boma breakfast! My son and I love a breakfast buffet šŸ˜‹ . I wanted to stay at AKL but it wasn't in the cards this trip. We will be a CBR. I have booked Boma at 10:30 am on our departure day. Our flight leaves at 4:30 pm.
I thought we would pack up at CBR, get to AKL somehow (thinking to do Uber / Lyft / Minnie). Ask AKL bell hop to hold our bags.
Eat till maybe noon? Enjoy looking around AKL until 1:30 pm. Depart for airport at 1:30 pm.

My question is... this sounds like it will work... but honestly... is this a pain in the neck on departure day? I hate to just be sitting around CBR lobby on our phones waiting for the trip to be over since we won't leave till 1:30. But on the other hand, fitting in packing, Lyft, check bags, big meal, see resort (but don't be too leisurely!), retrieve bags, Lyft to MCO... and then a whole travel day - I'm just wondering if this is more trouble than it is worth?

Should I do something else instead? Maybe Ale and Compass breakfast since we could leave our bags at CBR, skyliner, and walk?

Or something else?

Toppolino's is a pass for us. I know it would be amazing, but my husband will be with us and he won't be into a character meal.

(I know some will say to be at MCO 3 hours early and then others will chime in with "last time I was there I was through security in 3 minutes and having coffee at the gate 10 minutes later! I feel alright with a 1:30 pm departure.)

The only question I would have about the plan is whether or not AKL bell services will hold your luggage. My presumption is yes. Boma on a departure day is something we do on a regular basis. A reservation for 10:30 should give you plenty of time for a 4:30 flight. Boma is our favorite breakfast in WDW.

I don't see why AKL wouldn't hold your bags. When we've stayed there and had them hold our bags, they have never asked us if we were guests of the hotel.

OP, I think your plan sounds terrific. Enjoy!

I also think this is a workable plan, and I hope you enjoy it! DH and I have had Boma breakfast on departure day several times, but we've been driving so departure time wasn't critical. I think you're allowing plenty of time to visit AKL and to get to the airport. And yes, I agree that Bell Services will check your luggage.

Thanks all for the feedback. I've just been reading some trip reports recently where people have a jam packed itinerary (no fault of theirs! I totally understand wanting to do it all while you are there!) so I wanted to see if this was realistic.

I love Boma on Departure day as it's by far my favorite breakfast on property. I have zero doubt AKL will hold your luggage.

Sounds like a great plan. I don't think you'll have any issue with AKL Bell Services holding your bags for you at Jambo House while you eat breakfast. Enjoy breakfast and the resort before heading home! For us, it would be well worth it.

Iā€™m hoping to do the same for my trip this summer. Itā€™s the worst not having anything planned on departure day and just hanging around waiting for the flight! Sure you will have plenty of timeā€¦ enjoy!

I have done this a few times. Iā€™ve had mixed results with Bell Services- sometimes theyā€™ve been willing to store luggage, sometimes not. When they havenā€™t, Boma CMs have been super helpful in figuring out how to lodge luggage under the table. Iā€™ve also checked luggage at the resort I was staying at and came back there to leave for MCO, traveling either via Disney transport if I had time or Uber/Lyft if not.

Iā€™ll also mention itā€™s totally ok to book Mears transport from any resort, even if you arenā€™t staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter