Boma, or Artist Point?

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I are taking a short trip and want one table service meal that we haven't done before. Narrowed it down to Boma and Artist Point. Help us decide!

Boma is my absolute favorite buffet. But I would pick AP for the new factor and it looks so very interesting!

Depends on if you want a character meal or not.
Boma - best buffet at WDW.
Storybook - when our kids were young, would have loved this. As just 2 adults going, not so interested. YMMV.

I love Boma and it's a "go to every time we are there" restaurant. However I have to say we just did Artist Point and it was a great experience with good food. Obviously if you're not into the characters it's a pass. But if you are I think it's something everyone should do at least once. The atmosphere and presentation was top notch.

If you're in it strictly for the food, Boma.

Boma.

AP as a character meal doesn't appeal to me for dinner as a couple...opinions vary...
Character meal? Not for dinner unless it has changed. Or are you referring to some of the guests? :)

Boma is the only buffet we frequent anywhere. We love the "Tastes of Africa" although their bobotie isn't as good as my wife's.

We love the food at both; seeing Snow White at Artist Point is very fun but may not be the couples dinner you're looking for. If characters sound unappealing, I'd do Boma! You can't go wrong with either.

Boma. Before the Storybook Dining staged a coup and took over AP, I would have recommended the restaurant as a great couples venue. Now, you get a prix fixe meal and characters for a steep price. While Boma is a buffet, and not where I'd personally prefer to go for a couples meal, it's the superior of the two restaurants you mentioned.

Character meal? Not for dinner unless it has changed. Or are you referring to some of the guests? :)
Artist Point (storybook) restaurant is definitely now a character meal for dinner.
I was sad when it converted from a signature to a character meal. But to be fair, i havent tried it since Storybook took over. Hopefully i'll love it as much as the old Artist Point.

We ate at Boma twice (brunch and dinner) two trips ago. We thought the food quality was much better at Sanaa at AKV. Unless you're going for quantity, I would pick Sanaa if eating at the AKL resorts, plus you might be able to view the animals if you have an early enough reservation. We have a Storybook ADR for our upcoming trip so I can't give an opinion on that one yet, but I'm excited to try it!

Artist Point (storybook) restaurant is definitely now a character meal for dinner.
I was sad when it converted from a signature to a character meal. But to be fair, i havent tried it since Storybook took over. Hopefully i'll love it as much as the old Artist Point.
Sorry I misread the OP. I thought they were referring to a character meal at the Boma dinner. I was worried the animals had escape and invaded the buffet. :)

Although we enjoyed the Storybook Dining at AP, it was a one-and-done for us (a senior-age couple who enjoy character dining every trip). Boma is one of the best buffets on property, but hardly a couple-friendly quiet dinner. I would do Sanaa instead.

I have never been to Boma - but I would pick Boma. AP was not our favorite. A one and done for sure.

At Boma I have made an entire meal out of just the soups (and Zebra Domes for desert). Making the list for the next trip and it came down to AP or Boma for a meal and I thought the girls would jump on the characters. I was shocked when they said schedule it on an Animal Kingdom night and make it Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter