Boma or Sanaa?

We really like both of them. If you have yet to try African or Indian cuisine Boma might be a better bet as you'll get to try a bunch of different things from the buffet. However the buffet at Boma is loud but still a great experience. Sanna, while quietier and a more intimate experience has AMAZING food and if you're lucky enough to get a seat by the window, or near the window you can see the animals in the Savannah making for a great and unique dining experience.

I personally like Boma better because of a wider selection all at once, and I feel more immersed in the culture (plus it's delicious!!) but both are amazing.

You can't go wrong either way. More selection - Boma. Quieter, plated service - Sanaa.

It's like asking which of my kids is the favorite one...

I'm a big fan of Sanaa. The food is fantastic and the view of the animals is hard to beat.

They are both fantastic. As others have said, if you think it might be difficult to pick something off a menu, go with Boma and its buffet offers many options. I would happily eat at either any day.

Last edited:
Which one is your favorite? Haven't been to either one!
If you have a desire for an outstanding buffet breakfast that is not Characters - Boma.

For lunch - only Sanaa is available.

For dinner - if going during daylight, animals can be enjoyed while at Sanaa.

I've never been to Boma, but Sanaa is fantastic! I had the naan service and the burger. I know you wouldn't expect an amazing burger from there, but it was SO good.

You can't go wrong with either option - both are delicious; but I'd have to pick Sanaa! My dinner there was among the best meals I've had on property. The bread service is incredible - a much have if you decide to go!

Sanaa by far, especially in daylight so you can look at the savanna.

Boma wasn't bad, but it was loud and chaotic and overpriced.

I really think that Sanaa is a better value in terms of food, price and experience.

Jiko.

I don't like Sanaa (even though I love African and Indian food) and I can't stand that Boma is so expensive for a buffet.

Which one is your favorite? Haven't been to either one!
Of those two, we prefer Sanaa--quieter, more unique experience, better service, excellent wine/drink list, and there are selections that make it a less expensive option than Boma. The bread service alone is worth going to Sanaa. It has become one of our most enjoyable lunches on property. We tend to go early for lunch and haven't had any issues grabbing a window seat (though to be fair other tables away from the window do offer some views of the savannah, as well). Service has always been exemplary and cheerful, so it's a good way to unwind after spending the morning in a park.

Love them both but if I had to choose one I would go with Boma. Yes it is louder but being a buffet they have a little something for everyone.

Sanaa is one of the few Disney restaurants that I would go to often if it was near my house. Most are either not that great, or way too expensive. Sanaa has great food, the atmosphere is quiet and exotic, and the prices are reasonable. I second the bread service, and you may want to try the butter chicken. When I have gone, each person orders something different and we share, so we get a mini "buffet". Never been to Boma.

Both are fantastic unique restaurants. We actually prefer Sanaa a little more, the bread service and curries are out of this world good.

Sanaa by a mile. I must be in the minority but I thought Boma was awful. Standing in line for lukewarm food is not for me. It was absolute chaos as well. I can accept that at a character meal with kids jumping around but Boma !?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter