• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boma or Topolino's breakfast

Haygar2

DIS Veteran
I am so torn about breakfast on my last day. Do I try for Topolino's or go to Boma? I love love love Boma for breakfast and Animal Kingdom Lodge is so beautiful. And I'm going to be honest...I want that new Striped and Spiked cold brew from Boma (hoping and praying that it is still there 2 months from now). But I really want to try Topolino's for breakfast. UGH! I can't fit both of them in. Decisions decisions.

I was in the *exact* same conundrum a few days ago. Our last day is 60+8. I really wanted Topolino's on our Epcot day 60+6. I went to 60+8 to get Topolino's first to be safe. Then checked 60+6 and fortunately I was able to get it. So switched to Boma for last morning. How many days is your trip?

I was in the *exact* same conundrum a few days ago. Our last day is 60+8. I really wanted Topolino's on our Epcot day 60+6. I went to 60+8 to get Topolino's first to be safe. Then checked 60+6 and fortunately I was able to get it. So switched to Boma for last morning. How many days

I was in the *exact* same conundrum a few days ago. Our last day is 60+8. I really wanted Topolino's on our Epcot day 60+6. I went to 60+8 to get Topolino's first to be safe. Then checked 60+6 and fortunately I was able to get it. So switched to Boma for last morning. How many days is your trip?
5 counting our arrival day.

I did Boma breakfast in December 2019 and Topolino's this past February. So I guess I haven't seen Boma in its current form and I haven't done a non-social distanced version of Topolino's, but I'll give my two cents anyways.

Boma's strong point is the variety of food, and buffet style allowing you to get a bit of everything. I find it more leisurely since you can stay as long as you want without feeling rushed.

Topolino's has amazing food but imo you go there to have some character interactions. Not sure about now, but at least in Feb they came by the table every few minutes, and you will see them twice if you stay an hour. We didn't feel rushed at all, but we were a little awkward when they came the second time and we didn't really want to linger for a third visit. You can order multiple things but it's not as much variety as Boma, obviously.

Long story short, I don't think you can go wrong with either one as they are both at the top of my list! I think Boma has the edge in terms of food just due to the variety, but Topolino's has some of the best food at a character meal and the breakfast pricing isn't too ridiculous. That said, Topolino's is so hard to get and I've only been successful once with a dining alert, so maybe your choice will be made for you! I say if you can get Topolino's, go for it. If it's not available, sounds like a sign to do Boma!

We went to both last trip. The food at Boma is great, but the experience at Topolino's is amazing. It was our favorite meal of the entire trip.

I found the view at Topolino's great - the characters great - the food- meh. They ruined it, as I asked for a side of eggs - that they so heavily salted it was not edible. The servers were scarce too - so I was not able to get servers attention to tell them about the godawful eggs.

Both have had great reviews in general.
Depends on how important the characters are to you.
Have only been to Topolinos for dinner, but it was one of the best meals of the trip.

Both have had great reviews in general.
Depends on how important the characters are to you.
Have only been to Topolinos for dinner, but it was one of the best meals of the trip.
Characters are not important. I was going for the food.

Although we haven’t been to Boma in a couple of years, and we do like it, I would definitely choose Topolino’s if you can get it! I enjoyed it so much on our last visit and would love to go back but the ADR is tough to get. The Riviera’s atmosphere, the view, and the food were amazing. I’d happily go to Boma but it would be my second choice.

For us I couldn’t get Topolinos for 60+5 (or any day actually) and even with alerts now at under 30 days- no dice.
So, we are going to Boma, which I’ve been before and know will be great, and if I didn’t have an ADR there, I could still get one!
So, as someone said, the decision may be made for you.
Personally if I was you if I could get the Topolinos grab it, then think about it and you can monitor the Boma reservations if you may want to switch, or easily pick Boma for a different day once you decide

I loved topolinos for breakfast. Was delicious food and great characters. It’s really hard to get though. I couldn’t get it for my upcoming week long trip. I also recently went to Boma for breakfast at the end of my trip and it was great exploring the hotel and watching the animals after. I feel like there’s more to do at that hotel than walking around riviera

I managed to fit them BOTH in. Late Boma breakfast on our AK day. We will do AK early, go to late breakfast, head back to resort for swim/rest, and back to AK later in the evening. I love Pandora at night. Was able to get Topolino's for breakfast on our last day before we go to HS. Where there is a will there is a way.:cool1:

For us, getting a reservation for topolinos breakfast was the equivalent of winning powerball.
Same! For our upcoming trip the website hiccuped and while I initially saw many ADR times, by the time I got back in all times for one of the two mornings that we preferred went, poof! (a late breakfast via taking Skyliner from DHS over to Riviera would have made an awesome break).

But boy those went fast...and we had 60+8 to work with - I did get +8 so we'll check out and then go to breakfast :).

We have done Topolino's twice and both were excellent experiences, it's one of my crew's favorite ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter